Things are brewing in the kitchen.

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

TheSocialChameleon
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Things are brewing in the kitchen.

Post by TheSocialChameleon »

What will happen to those are scheduled for CA upgrades at Jazz. Will they get CA protection pay in the event they get bumped.
---------- ADS -----------

Hate me or Like me. Both days I get paid.
TheSocialChameleon
Rank 2
Rank 2

You should never take the FIRST deal given to you. Basic negotiations. Go back and ask for more and get more. Our union guys are afraid to stand up to AC.

Jazz paid ALPA dues this whole time. The MEC at Jazz cannot represent GGN best interest. This is not a merger. We are only offering them employment.
BOTL or no deal! It’s legal.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

TheSocialChameleon wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:02 am You should never take the FIRST deal given to you. Basic negotiations. Go back and ask for more and get more. Our union guys are afraid to stand up to AC.

Jazz paid ALPA dues this whole time. The MEC at Jazz cannot represent GGN best interest. This is not a merger. We are only offering them employment.
And I hope you guys do that. It'd be idiotic for any of you to allow a competitor take your spots. A lot of you made sacrifices to be at Jazz, to have someone else come and skip line.

Das ist mir wurst...
Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

TheSocialChameleon wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:02 am You should never take the FIRST deal given to you. Basic negotiations. Go back and ask for more and get more. Our union guys are afraid to stand up to AC.

Do you think this is the first deal? That's what the negotiations committee is for.

This is not a situation where we own the flying and have open bargaining due to a contract ending. This is mid contract. I fully believe if we vote this down, there will be no second deal.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

Lightchop wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:30 am

Do you think this is the first deal? That's what the negotiations committee is for.

This is not a situation where we own the flying and have open bargaining due to a contract ending. This is mid contract. I fully believe if we vote this down, there will be no second deal.
Isn't that what they always tell you? "This is the only way you'll survive!" Come on...

Das ist mir wurst...
TheSocialChameleon
Rank 2
Rank 2

It is the First deal as the rest of the pilot group hasn't nt voted no. If you vote no they have to come back with a second deal. Air Canada needs the feeder routes to connect to the larger aircraft. It's not like they're going to go out and buy regional props or jets. Also they just bought 97 million worth of shares in CHR. They need us more now. It's a pilots market now. We must make the best of it. Don't be afraid like the guys did last time by buying into the AC threats of taking away our flying.

Last edited by TheSocialChameleon on Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheSocialChameleon
Rank 2
Rank 2

Don't be gullible and bullied.

TheSocialChameleon
Rank 2
Rank 2

GGN guys got pfo'd at Jazz. We worked hard at our interviews and got in. BOTL is a fair deal. If you're not happy to have a job after you've lost yours then go to swg or air Tran.

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

TheSocialChameleon wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:40 am

It is the First deal as the rest of the pilot group hasn't nt voted no. If you vote no they have to come back with a second deal. Air Canada needs the feeder routes to connect to the larger aircraft. It's not like they're going to go out and buy regional props or jets. Also they just bought 97 million worth of shares in CHR. They need us more now. It's a pilots market now. We must make the best of it. Don't be afraid like the guys did last time by buying into the AC threats of taking away our flying.
They didn't buy anything yet. That equity investment was contingent on CA ratification.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
TheSocialChameleon
Rank 2
Rank 2

skypirate88 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:16 pm

They didn't buy anything yet. That equity investment was contingent on CA ratification.
You're right. I stand corrected.

truedude
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by truedude »

TheSocialChameleon wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:29 pm

You're right. I stand corrected.
Who cares if they don't come back with a second deal. Let them put the 900's with GGN (even though they will make a mess of it) or Sky Regional. Both companies are having issues staffing, which will not get better with the 400 - 600 pilots Air Canada needs to hire this year. We continue to move along with our current contract and our current flying. Also, remember the amount of money Chorus aviation stands to lose, including the managers personally; that is a huge incentive for them to come back to the table. How are they going to explain a failure to secure nearly 100 million in equity because they would rather screw the pilots one last time. Honestly, if voting no deprives Joe and his cronies of any sort of bonus money, I will consider that a win!

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

Last edited by Lightchop on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

Correct.

Last edited by Lightchop on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flyer 1492
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by flyer 1492 »

Piece of CRAP TA.

truedude
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by truedude »

Lightchop wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:41 pm

There is no second deal. Second deal is GGN gets the RJs, GGN gets the flow.

AC does not like being embarrassed do you really think they would come back to us with a second deal? I don't. Jazz will be done in 2025.
Fine by me! I will not choke down a shitty deal while others get rich by being bullied or scared into signing. Give the flying to GGN, they are a joke. As far as flow, Air Canada will continue to hire pilots from everywhere. And as far as 2025 goes, who know what that will look like, or who will be running Air Canada. IF this is a take it or leave it deal, I vote for leave it. If one person from the union tries to scare me into voting yes with that sort of rhetoric, I will vote no just on the merit that I will not be scared into taking anything. And in the end we are negotiating with Chorus, if Chorus believes that this would be the end of us in 2025, it would also be the near death of Chorus. If it is such a great deal, then let Joe pony up the cash. But I will not be intimidated into voting Yes.

So Lightchop, I don't know if you are in the union or not, or what your affiliation is in all of this, but this is not how you sell a contract. In fact, with your rhetoric, I think it only fair that you reveal if you are in the union, how long you have been at Jazz, and what your long term intentions are.

bearitus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bearitus »

As a fairly new YYZ FO at Jazz I am scared I will have to go back on reserve or switch bases altogether. Hope it doesn't come to that.

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yhz41 »

bearitus wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:22 pm As a fairly new YYZ FO at Jazz I am scared I will have to go back on reserve or switch bases altogether. Hope it doesn't come to that.
Or what if things go sideways and everyone below those Georgian people end up getting laid off in 5 years time. Where if they didnt come in with DOH, you wouldn't be getting laid off. As has previously been stated, this is not a merger. Theres no reason for them to come in with seniority.

47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

Piece of CRAP TA.
I disagree.

- Pay issues look to be addressed with Dash 8 cap lifted, a blended pay scale and better credit for captain pay
- Improvement to deadhead credit
- 60% of AC pilots to come from Jazz- not insignificant with the hiring that is coming there with something like 1200 pilots required at AC in the next couple of years.
- 90% of those that apply will be accepted. In seniority so no BS about picking and choosing. Closest thing to a guaranteed to a job at AC for those interested. Anyone off the street would take those odds all day long.
- Fleet guarantees and job security for those that want to stay, which we don't have past 2025 now. No small thing in this business. Don't underestimate the affect the C series and the AC RRA language can have on our flying.
- Georgian pilots not an issue. Small group and looks like many will not end up here anyway. Pay protection and base protection to mitigate the issue.

Basically protects those who want to stay and provides a guaranteed path to those that want to go to AC.

We would be stupid to vote this down.

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

truedude wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:20 pm

AC does not like being embarrassed do you really think they would come back to us with a second deal? I don't. Jazz will be done in 2025.
Fine by me! I will not choke down a shitty deal while others get rich by being bullied or scared into signing. Give the flying to GGN, they are a joke. As far as flow, Air Canada will continue to hire pilots from everywhere. And as far as 2025 goes, who know what that will look like, or who will be running Air Canada. IF this is a take it or leave it deal, I vote for leave it. If one person from the union tries to scare me into voting yes with that sort of rhetoric, I will vote no just on the merit that I will not be scared into taking anything. And in the end we are negotiating with Chorus, if Chorus believes that this would be the end of us in 2025, it would also be the near death of Chorus. If it is such a great deal, then let Joe pony up the cash. But I will not be intimidated into voting Yes.

So Lightchop, I don't know if you are in the union or not, or what your affiliation is in all of this, but this is not how you sell a contract. In fact, with your rhetoric, I think it only fair that you reveal if you are in the union, how long you have been at Jazz, and what your long term intentions are.
Not fine by me. Gives me a legit shot at going to AC and if I get turned down I have job security for 17 years and guaranteed %2 across all monetary value in the contract until then. With the ability to negotiate a raise in 2029 on both pay and DC pension. Sounds good to me.

truedude
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by truedude »

Lightchop wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:55 pm
truedude wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:20 pm

Not fine by me. Gives me a legit shot at going to AC and if I get turned down I have job security for 17 years and guaranteed %2 across all monetary value in the contract until then. With the ability to negotiate a raise in 2029 on both pay and DC pension. Sounds good to me.
And this is where they are going to try and scare you. There are not enough pilots available to fill demand without hiring from Jazz. You want to work at Air Canada, you will have that chance whether you vote yes or no on this contract. GGN is done. You don't indicate you are going to make a 100 million capital investment on a whim. If they go to GGN, it will be a disaster. Vote however you feel comfortable voting. Just don't vote yes because you are scared, vote yes because you believe to be a good deal. A good deal does not require you to be frightened to agree with it.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”