Things are brewing in the kitchen.

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Things are brewing in the kitchen.

Post by Lightchop »

C-GGGQ wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:58 pm I thought it already did catch up around that mark?
No it caught up at 15 and 20 in the respective pay tables.
---------- ADS -----------

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

av8ts wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:28 pm
47north wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:41 pm
Piece of CRAP TA.
I disagree.

- 60% of AC pilots to come from Jazz- not insignificant with the hiring that is coming there with something like 1200 pilots required at AC in the next couple of years.
- 90% of those that apply will be accepted. In seniority so no BS about picking and choosing. Closest thing to a guaranteed to a job at AC for those interested. Anyone off the street would take those odds all day long
It doesn’t say 90% of those that apply will be accepted. It says “Air Canada must hire minimum of 90% of eligible candidates who apply”
What is the definition of an “eligible” candidate and will that definition be included in the CA?
If it is will you vote Yes?

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

No.

LtDan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by LtDan »

Lightchop wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:11 pm

I disagree.

- 60% of AC pilots to come from Jazz- not insignificant with the hiring that is coming there with something like 1200 pilots required at AC in the next couple of years.
- 90% of those that apply will be accepted. In seniority so no BS about picking and choosing. Closest thing to a guaranteed to a job at AC for those interested. Anyone off the street would take those odds all day long
It doesn’t say 90% of those that apply will be accepted. It says “Air Canada must hire minimum of 90% of eligible candidates who apply”
What is the definition of an “eligible” candidate and will that definition be included in the CA?
Also that language will be in the contract. Eligible is equal to the OTS expérience profile at AC. That’s it. Equal playing field and 60% of GS spots at AC for 17 years will be from Jazz pilots.

blueskiessabove
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by blueskiessabove »

Piece of CRAP TA.
I disagree.

- Pay issues look to be addressed with Dash 8 cap lifted, a blended pay scale and better credit for captain pay
- Improvement to deadhead credit
- 90% of those that apply will be accepted. In seniority so no BS about picking and choosing. Closest thing to a guaranteed to a job at AC for those interested. Anyone off the street would take those odds all day long.
- Fleet guarantees and job security for those that want to stay, which we don't have past 2025 now. No small thing in this business. Don't underestimate the affect the C series and the AC RRA language can have on our flying.
- Georgian pilots not an issue. Small group and looks like many will not end up here anyway. Pay protection and base protection to mitigate the issue.

Basically protects those who want to stay and provides a guaranteed path to those that want to go to AC.

We would be stupid to vote this down.
Don't listen to anything 47north says cause he's obviously with the neg committee trying to sell this or one I'll informed individual.
We as pilots all have to stand together and say no to this bullshit and set by example that they can't push us around and they have to come back with something better.

blueskiessabove
Rank 1
Rank 1

HansDietrich wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:04 am
TheSocialChameleon wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:02 am You should never take the FIRST deal given to you. Basic negotiations. Go back and ask for more and get more. Our union guys are afraid to stand up to AC.

Jazz paid ALPA dues this whole time. The MEC at Jazz cannot represent GGN best interest. This is not a merger. We are only offering them employment.
BOTL or no deal! It’s legal.
And I hope you guys do that. It'd be idiotic for any of you to allow a competitor take your spots. A lot of you made sacrifices to be at Jazz, to have someone else come and skip line.
Agreed :smt041

blueskiessabove
Rank 1
Rank 1

Lightchop wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:11 pm

I disagree.

The flow is a tactic like 2015 AC can stop the flow and start the flow whenever they feel like. There a different company and they hold the cards so if your hoping for this you shouldn't. They can take from wherever they feel like, think twice about hoping that this is a guaranteed

47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

blueskiessabove wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:27 pm [

Don't listen to anything 47north says cause he's obviously with the neg committee trying to sell this or one I'll informed individual.
We as pilots all have to stand together and say no to this bullshit and set by example that they can't push us around and they have to come back with something better.
Actually blueskiessabove not even close. I am not on the negotiating committee, but I do know some of them and have great respect for what they have brought this pilot group. We owe much of our working conditions to these guys. I am not an LEC/MEC member either. If I were in any of those capacities I would have the good sense not to be posting on a public forum. That fact that you are an LEC/MEC member, and continue to do so, speaks volumes about your judgment or lack thereof. Gives me cause to ignore your rhetoric and I hope for others too.

Ill informed? Perhaps on somethings, but I am well informed in this matter.

But since I am so ill informed as you say, tell us exactly what you would secure for the pilot group in this MOS? Right down to the details please. Not just more BS about 'they can't push us around' meant to rally people to your cause, but without any substance.

I trust that the negotiating committee and the rest of the MEC is playing the long game and acting is our best interests. Despite your political aspirations.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”