First kid

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: First kid

Post by Lightchop »

bearitus wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:29 am
Lightchop wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:19 am
bearitus wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:24 pm In my case I came to Jazz with experience and an Atpl for two main reason. Number one was because of the quick upgrades and number two was for a chance at AC.

I took a risk and it didn't work out for me as upgrade times have slowed considerably. I am now looking at another 2-3 years in the right seat making 40k until I upgrade. Unfortunately in my situation with a stay at home wife and a young baby I will likely have to seek higher paying employment. Had I known the upgrade times were going to slow so much I probably wouldn't have made the jump to regional flying.
ANOTHER 2-3 years? Where are you, YYZ or YYC? If either of those, commute like everyone else does. All types in YUL are very jr and the Q and RJ is at two years in YVR.

I don't see where it would be another 2-3 years anywhere actually since I know a Q cap in YYC at 2.5 years and my last sim partner upgraded in YYZ at 2.2 years. That is unless you like literally just started and have been here for 4 months in which case I'd say, patience. If you've been here longer, your upgrade time guess is wrong.

AC is hiring a ton of pilots next year and were already seeing on average 16 go a month from jazz. You'd be an idiot to leave now.
That may be so but I don't know. I have been at Jazz just over a year and I haven't moved a single spot up on the Dash 8 classic YYZ seniority list. On top of that there are like 15 lines of reserve so not much OT to be had. I have my captain bid in for YUL as well but seems there hasn't been much movement there either.
If you've been here a year you're probably one year away from an upgrade. Bid the Q in Montreal as well, it's jr and you still get the free hotels if you're a commuter with the LOU.
---------- ADS -----------

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: First kid

Post by Lightchop »

bearitus wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:29 am
Lightchop wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:19 am
bearitus wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:24 pm In my case I came to Jazz with experience and an Atpl for two main reason. Number one was because of the quick upgrades and number two was for a chance at AC.

I took a risk and it didn't work out for me as upgrade times have slowed considerably. I am now looking at another 2-3 years in the right seat making 40k until I upgrade. Unfortunately in my situation with a stay at home wife and a young baby I will likely have to seek higher paying employment. Had I known the upgrade times were going to slow so much I probably wouldn't have made the jump to regional flying.
ANOTHER 2-3 years? Where are you, YYZ or YYC? If either of those, commute like everyone else does. All types in YUL are very jr and the Q and RJ is at two years in YVR.

I don't see where it would be another 2-3 years anywhere actually since I know a Q cap in YYC at 2.5 years and my last sim partner upgraded in YYZ at 2.2 years. That is unless you like literally just started and have been here for 4 months in which case I'd say, patience. If you've been here longer, your upgrade time guess is wrong.

AC is hiring a ton of pilots next year and were already seeing on average 16 go a month from jazz. You'd be an idiot to leave now.
That may be so but I don't know. I have been at Jazz just over a year and I haven't moved a single spot up on the Dash 8 classic YYZ seniority list. On top of that there are like 15 lines of reserve so not much OT to be had. I have my captain bid in for YUL as well but seems there hasn't been much movement there either.
If you've been here a year you're probably one year away from an upgrade. Bid the Q in Montreal as well, it's jr and you still get the free hotels if you're a commuter with the LOU.

See what happens in the new year with the bid it will give you an idea of what the next year will look like.

The last thing I'd suggest doing right now is quitting.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”