17 year TA?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: 17 year TA?

Post by Inverted2 »

Fanblade wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:58 pm Is it going for a vote? Or has the MEC just accepted it?
MEC reached an agreement with AC and Jazz but it's subject to ratification by the Jazz pilots.
---------- ADS -----------

Let’s Go Brandon
BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

ragequit wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:15 pm What a joke. That'll be a no from me.
Where are those numbers in comparison to the current A and B scale? Honest Question. I don't work at Jazz.

CFM56
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CFM56 »

BE02 Driver wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:59 pm
Where are those numbers in comparison to the current A and B scale? Honest Question. I don't work at Jazz.
Well BE02 Driver, my year 2 FO pay goes up by $2.50-hr, but we aren’t being blocked at 85hrs like we should be... and being stuck on reserve I get the AVG with hardly any per diems because I haven’t been called in weeks 😡

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

CFM56 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:08 pm
BE02 Driver wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:59 pm
Well BE02 Driver, my year 2 FO pay goes up by $2.50-hr, but we aren’t being blocked at 85hrs like we should be... and being stuck on reserve I get the AVG with hardly any per diems because I haven’t been called in weeks 😡
Same here, RSV in Vancouver, its brutal. The 100-200$ a month "raise" is a joke

Malfunction
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Malfunction »

It's good and bad. I'm so conflicted. To bad they didnt add $5-$6 more to starting fo pay to really lock this in.
The good- movement will be fast lots of people going to ac
The bad - the YOS and "pay increase" are both insulting...and anyone else notice that no pay bump in July for guy 6 years and under but the rest get it? Wtf!?

ikarus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ikarus »

2% a year for the next 17 years???? You are kidding me right?!

I mean I thought we learned something years ago when we got suckered and pressured into the current CA with Air Canada but it looks like some people just never learn...
And if that is so, then we don't deserve any better and if I was the company guy I wouldn't give you even 2% because you have no self respect at all. And on top of that you want to slide in GGN guys who caused you all of this mess and hardship years ago when they took your flying away.

I don't hate GGN guys, I used to be on of them years ago before the CRJ go in, but they signed the deal last time and knew the consequences right there and then, that would affect all regional players in Canada including Jazz? Did they say NO to the offer then? So why should Jazz pilots give them DOH when they are already giving them a rescue raft to come on board and join the better CA and not end up on the street? So if we follow this mentality of " lets do the right thing" and stop the pilot seniority abuse in Canada, how about ACPA open up their doors to anyone from Jazz and let them port their seniority? Right, I thought so... How about Transat or WJ then? You know, both of these guys are ALPA and a 20yr old Jazz guy would love to slide in and above bunch of those guys to fly a A320 or B737 for more money...would that be nice and fair? Sure it would..

Man oh man....the whining and complaining in the cockpit and crew rooms never ends but when a" slap in your face" TA gets presented to us then somehow we endorse right away.... :rolleyes:

Daniel Cooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Daniel Cooper »

Without the ability to strike what is the point of all this? Vote yes if it's better than what you think you'll get in arbitration?

TheSocialChameleon
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TheSocialChameleon »

Lightchop wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:59 am
TheSocialChameleon wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:33 am Credit only after a 3.5 hr wait. They ran through the books and figured it only affected a small number of people. We should ask for credit after a 2 hour airport reserve.
I think you have completely unrealistic expectations of what to expect in a cost neutral period.
Cost neutral period haha. AC made over a billion bucks profit just selling add on services last year.
Get your facts straight EDITED.

NO doxxing, please!

Hate me or Like me. Both days I get paid.
All DAY EVERY DAY
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by All DAY EVERY DAY »

And they say it's an opportunity to correct the mistakes from the past. Voting yes to this would completely screw the new guy over. The math on that pay scale is cents for the first so many years. The guys that started in the last 2 years at jazz are getting hit very hard here. The AG captain comes and gets to keep his salary while a guy higher in seniority makes 40 bucks an hour? If this doesn't go through, a strike can happen in 6 yrs.
17 years in way too long.
Great deal for AG.

Irony
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Irony »

We doubled down against Calin in 2010...........Sky and GGN were born, YYZ decimated and no right to BID on work for YEARS.

Now we would have a MINIMUM 90% chance at a mainline job...Loyalty from mainline (investment and board member)...chance at US Cpa...pay guarantee...united pay table...pensions....security.... the possibility to unite the express brand under one company again.

Vote no and GGN grows, still stuck with that EYESORE A scale B scale, smaller fleet, fractured group... AC gives us final offer to play in 2023 for less than a quarter of what is in front of us. I would bet on that.

Calin would make a mess...I VOTE YES!!!

Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Oxi »

If this doesnt pass, Jazz will be in trouble.

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

Oxi wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:10 am If this doesnt pass, Jazz will be in trouble.
This is the attitude of a beaten down wife, stand up for yourselves.

If you think it is a fair deal vote yes
If you don’t like it vote no

Just don’t vote out of fear because then you play right into managements hand.

dieselbro
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dieselbro »

fish4life wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:20 am
Oxi wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:10 am If this doesnt pass, Jazz will be in trouble.
This is the attitude of a beaten down wife, stand up for yourselves.

If you think it is a fair deal vote yes
If you don’t like it vote no

Just don’t vote out of fear because then you play right into managements hand.
:prayer:

proper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by proper »

If you are senior and don't like it vote no. Agreed.

If you are junior and don't like it, vote yes and go to AC.

ragequit
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ragequit »

Last edited by ragequit on Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

How many years are there left in the current Collective Agreement?

prop2jet
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by prop2jet »

There is no rush... we have an existing agreement to 2025. True this deal would provide immediate short term improvement. The B scale is effectively bridged at 6 years... so if the intent is to maintain Jazz as a revolving door portal to AC, then compensation will always be low.

The problem I have with this deal is another 10 years locked in at 2% increase in an economic environment that is showing inflation on the rise and cost of living likely to exceed 2% in the years ahead. The only opportunity to adjust is in 2029. Our MEC Exec response to this argument is dismissive. We should not be tying the length of our CA to the term of the CPA.

The come back response to any objections one might have to this agreement is the subtle fear that Calin R. will send the work elsewhere and on and on...

groundpilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by groundpilot »

proper wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:19 am If you are senior and don't like it vote no. Agreed.

If you are junior and don't like it, vote yes and go to AC.
Vote no...and still go to AC...

A looming pilot shortage and again the industry is out maneuvering a pilot group.

Air Canada needs pilots - FACT. That FACT is never going to change. Pilots are not a dime a dozen anymore. Stand up for you occupation and say "we are worth more".

bearitus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bearitus »

It never ceases to amaze me how little respect we get for such a highly skilled profession. We need to stick together on this one.

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

Uh, why are we on a public forum discussing our own business?

Take the discussion to the Alpa Web board or at the very least the Private Forum on here (if anonymity is important to you).
Naming people on here is not fair, especially if you don't intend to sign your name to it. But even still, not cool.

Most important- go to the Roadshow, Open House, watch the video or talk to your Negots Committee or MEC executive before you make any decision.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”