17 year TA?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: 17 year TA?

Post by Lightchop »

TheSocialChameleon wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:33 am Credit only after a 3.5 hr wait. They ran through the books and figured it only affected a small number of people. We should ask for credit after a 2 hour airport reserve.
I think you have completely unrealistic expectations of what to expect in a cost neutral period.
---------- ADS -----------

truedude
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by truedude »

Lightchop wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:59 am
TheSocialChameleon wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:33 am Credit only after a 3.5 hr wait. They ran through the books and figured it only affected a small number of people. We should ask for credit after a 2 hour airport reserve.
I think you have completely unrealistic expectations of what to expect in a cost neutral period.
There is nothing cost neutral when the company comes to you and says let us open your contract that still has another 7 years left in it. That is not cost neutral. When that happens, everything is on the table. EVERYTHING!!!!

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

truedude wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:35 am
There is nothing cost neutral when the company comes to you and says let us open your contract that still has another 7 years left in it. That is not cost neutral. When that happens, everything is on the table. EVERYTHING!!!!
I don’t think you truly realize who you’re dealing with, Jazz, the company does not hold the cards, if we say no maybe GGN goes away anyway. Perhaps a carrot will be dangled in front of the Sky pilots, who’s response is an unknown at this point, they could very well be convinced that 2025 they will grow to 80-100 75 seat aircraft if they play ball, call this Calin’s plan B.
We are not in a shortage, every two years 500 FOs between Jazz, GGN and SR, will have the time requirement to upgrade, nothing preventing that from happening.
I will not gamble away my career, too much too lose and odds not in my favour, consider that as you think about your vote!

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
truedude
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by truedude »

mbav8r wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:01 am

I don’t think you truly realize who you’re dealing with, Jazz, the company does not hold the cards, if we say no maybe GGN goes away anyway. Perhaps a carrot will be dangled in front of the Sky pilots, who’s response is an unknown at this point, they could very well be convinced that 2025 they will grow to 80-100 75 seat aircraft if they play ball, call this Calin’s plan B.
We are not in a shortage, every two years 500 FOs between Jazz, GGN and SR, will have the time requirement to upgrade, nothing preventing that from happening.
I will not gamble away my career, too much too lose and odds not in my favour, consider that as you think about your vote!
I think you truly overestimate the number of licenses being issued in this country, and the number of pilots that then remain in this country. Not to mention that Jazz is pretty much the only airline in Canada that is staffed and compliant with the new duty regs. Which means even if they do go to Sky Regional, which is about to have a vote, they then have a lot of cards to play, plus they need to staff up quick to meet the new regs. In the long run, there will be no cost advantage left for them there. And if Air Canada decides they don't want to take any more Jazz pilots because we pissed them off, find, no one will come to work here and we will be unable to staff the flying we are contracted too. Not to mention the new legislation that prevents companies from simply undercutting each other to make everyone race to the bottom. There are other airlines in Canada aside from Air Canada. Lots of people at Sun Wing, Westjet, Transat, will never go to Air Canada.

I am prepared to venture into the unknown. If you want to stay close to shore where it is safe, I respect that. But for me, this is a solid no unless a lot more zeros get attached to it.

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

Yeah .. you made my point. We have 7 years left of no ability to negotiate any increase in compensation.

truedude
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by truedude »

Lightchop wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:38 am

Yeah .. you made my point. We have 7 years left of no ability to negotiate any increase in compensation.
How are you under the believe that we have no ability to negotiate any increase in compensation? If you truly believe that you are beyond ignorant as to how labour relations work in this country and the reality of this current situation.

TheSocialChameleon
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TheSocialChameleon »

What a few of you (Lightchop included) have failed to realize.

Is that a CPA and union negotiations are completely different.

A union bargains for working conditions at the present company. Not on behalf of another company.

Hate me or Like me. Both days I get paid.
Malfunction
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Malfunction »

Well, it's better than current but it's really not alot. I would think with all the extra years on the contract and are ability to not STRIKE if the pilot shortage gets worse to increase wages you would think they would give us better incentives. Oh well I guess I'll be the disappointed child on Christmas morning who got soxs for Christmas who thought he was getting a bike. :goodman:

ragequit
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ragequit »

Attachments
payscale.PNG
payscale.PNG (273.2 KiB) Viewed 2111 times
Last edited by ragequit on Sat May 11, 2019 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Not a raise at all. 2%/yr won’t cut it.

Let’s Go Brandon
daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

This is going to be a very very tight vote. Wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t pass.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

This will not pass. People are already sharpening their pitchforks.

I had pretty low expectations, but this is a serious slap in the dick

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

Is it going for a vote? Or has the MEC just accepted it?

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Transition9er2 »

Are we still waiting to get the details sent out on this or do we have to wait until all roadshows are complete before we have access to the specifics?

ted_stryker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ted_stryker »

It's on the alpa website. MOS19

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Fanblade wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:58 pm Is it going for a vote? Or has the MEC just accepted it?
MEC reached an agreement with AC and Jazz but it's subject to ratification by the Jazz pilots.

Let’s Go Brandon
BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

ragequit wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:15 pm What a joke. That'll be a no from me.
Where are those numbers in comparison to the current A and B scale? Honest Question. I don't work at Jazz.

CFM56
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CFM56 »

BE02 Driver wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:59 pm
Where are those numbers in comparison to the current A and B scale? Honest Question. I don't work at Jazz.
Well BE02 Driver, my year 2 FO pay goes up by $2.50-hr, but we aren’t being blocked at 85hrs like we should be... and being stuck on reserve I get the AVG with hardly any per diems because I haven’t been called in weeks 😡

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

CFM56 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:08 pm
BE02 Driver wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:59 pm
Well BE02 Driver, my year 2 FO pay goes up by $2.50-hr, but we aren’t being blocked at 85hrs like we should be... and being stuck on reserve I get the AVG with hardly any per diems because I haven’t been called in weeks 😡
Same here, RSV in Vancouver, its brutal. The 100-200$ a month "raise" is a joke

Malfunction
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Malfunction »

It's good and bad. I'm so conflicted. To bad they didnt add $5-$6 more to starting fo pay to really lock this in.
The good- movement will be fast lots of people going to ac
The bad - the YOS and "pay increase" are both insulting...and anyone else notice that no pay bump in July for guy 6 years and under but the rest get it? Wtf!?

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”