Deal or No Deal?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Would you rather?

GGN merge with Jazz seniority DOH.
27%
GGN arrive at Jazz BOTL.
58%
It makes no difference either way.
8%
Undecided.
7%

Total votes: 115

47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Deal or No Deal?

Post by 47north »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:55 pm
Well if that’s the case, jazz pilots should vote no in order to negotiate a 50 year contract with even lower wages. Because AC is doing them such a huuuuge favour. They should be so lucky as to fly a regional aircraft with the AC brand on it.
It’s super easy to find 1200+ experienced pilots capable of doing a good job, there basically on every street corner in Canada, Jazz pilots should for sure whore themselves out to ensure they have the privilege of working for unacceptable wages. (Sarcasm)
You are way underestimating the ability of AC to crew their aircraft. All they have to do is drop the requirements. Under the CARs all that is needed is a commercial multi IFR. They have hired with pilots with 250-300 hours before and they can do it again.

Also the fact they would have six years to devise a plan to consolidate the regional flying elsewhere. Meanwhile Jazz shrinks as they move to the mimimun guaranteed hours, crews sit around on reserve at the min guarantee scratching their heads and wondering what the hell happened.
---------- ADS -----------

TheSocialChameleon
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Deal or No Deal?

Post by TheSocialChameleon »

I voted YES in the end. Still not happy about the GGN DOH but ohh well. Everything else about the contract is kosher to me.
---------- ADS -----------

Hate me or Like me. Both days I get paid.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”