Wil Jazz hire with instructing time only?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

joenm
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Wil Jazz hire with instructing time only?

Post by joenm »

Any reason why they wouldn't reply to someone with 4600+hrs 800+hrs multi turbine time with multi-crew and FMS experience? Application has been sitting for months. Done a few updates but nothing. I feel like I'm doing something horribly wrong but none of my friends can tell me what.
---------- ADS -----------

fliter
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by fliter »

joenm wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:05 pm Any reason why they wouldn't reply to someone with 4600+hrs 800+hrs multi turbine time with multi-crew and FMS experience? Application has been sitting for months. Done a few updates but nothing. I feel like I'm doing something horribly wrong but none of my friends can tell me what.
The thing you did horribly wrong was applying to Jazz. You should be applying to AC. In this market, you are overqualified for a regional carrier.

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 780Pilot »

Heres a question. Ill be sitting with a brand new ATPL soon. Instructed all of it and have basically no multi time (25hrs). However I have lots of single IFR time. COVID 19 aside and when the world is normal again.... How likely is it to get in?

Caterpillar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Caterpillar »

780Pilot wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:22 am Heres a question. Ill be sitting with a brand new ATPL soon. Instructed all of it and have basically no multi time (25hrs). However I have lots of single IFR time. COVID 19 aside and when the world is normal again.... How likely is it to get in?
Impossible. You need some sort of multi time or single turbine experience.

Since I’m flying the King Air, does that qualify me to fly the Queen of the skies?
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Won’t be hiring for a very long time so if you can get any experience somewhere else I would do it. I doubt there will be any Jazz hiring this year for sure and 2021 is doubtful.

Let’s Go Brandon
ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

Answer: nobody knows. Everything is speculation right now. Just never give up on your goals.

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Transition9er2 »

780Pilot wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:22 am Heres a question. Ill be sitting with a brand new ATPL soon. Instructed all of it and have basically no multi time (25hrs). However I have lots of single IFR time. COVID 19 aside and when the world is normal again.... How likely is it to get in?
I can sympathize with your current situation, you busted your a$$ getting your licenses and hours up and now you’re pumped to finally expand your career. The unfortunate thing is our industry has taken a kick to the nuts and your timing is awful.

Let me push your question back to you and hear what you have to say....

“How likely / long do you think it’ll be to get into a company like Jazz where they just laid off 675 pilots. Who all have first rights to return to work before the company even remotely considers looking to the streets, especially ones with limited time and experience like what you’ve outlined above?”

I don’t mean to be harsh, but we’re all getting smacked with a dose of reality here.

Stay healthy.

T

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

This is a career in aviation going forward.
dumpster fire.jpeg
dumpster fire.jpeg (45.98 KiB) Viewed 6060 times

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 780Pilot »

[/quote]

I can sympathize with your current situation, you busted your a$$ getting your licenses and hours up and now you’re pumped to finally expand your career. The unfortunate thing is our industry has taken a kick to the nuts and your timing is awful.

Let me push your question back to you and hear what you have to say....

“How likely / long do you think it’ll be to get into a company like Jazz where they just laid off 675 pilots. Who all have first rights to return to work before the company even remotely considers looking to the streets, especially ones with limited time and experience like what you’ve outlined above?”

I don’t mean to be harsh, but we’re all getting smacked with a dose of reality here.

Stay healthy.

T
[/quote]

Yah its pretty shitty currently however things eventually will change. People cant afford to self isolate for weeks on end. Better use my connections I currently still have.

L1900Edge
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by L1900Edge »

faculties11 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:45 am As the title states I'm sitting at 1000+ hrs.

Trying to figure out the next move.
All depends whether you score enough diversity points with Jazz. I have 1900 hours with ATPL signed off, 900 multi turbine time. Got PFOd. Personally, I though it was the best interview experience that I've ever had, and they seemed to like every answer I gave them....

Kaykay
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Kaykay »

L1900Edge wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:58 pm
faculties11 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:45 am As the title states I'm sitting at 1000+ hrs.

All depends whether you score enough diversity points with Jazz. I have 1900 hours with ATPL signed off, 900 multi turbine time. Got PFOd. Personally, I though it was the best interview experience that I've ever had, and they seemed to like every answer I gave them....
That’s pretty ignorant of you to assume and to comment that way. The interview is not the only piece of the decision either.

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yhz41 »

Grow up. Theres plenty of rich white dudes running around jazz. With an attitude like that, it's no wonder you didnt get a call.

Goodman5
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Goodman5 »

yhz41 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:21 pm

Grow up. Theres plenty of rich white dudes running around jazz. With an attitude like that, it's no wonder you didnt get a call.
“Grow up” he says.

Then proceeds with that comment. At no point in this conversation was wealth or race mentioned until you assumed. Cmon man. Think before you hate.

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yhz41 »

Goodman5 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:29 pm

“Grow up” he says.

Then proceeds with that comment. At no point in this conversation was wealth or race mentioned until you assumed. Cmon man. Think before you hate.
"Diversity points"

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

Laughable. I started through the process about three weeks before the music started, and was due to have my Sim eval tomorrow - and as a middle-aged, straight white male, I'm about as un-diverse as it gets..

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
vermont
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vermont »

How much does attitude matter? seem to be a ton of miserable "captains" on avcanada

vermont
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vermont »

fliter wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:32 am
joenm wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:05 pm Any reason why they wouldn't reply to someone with 4600+hrs 800+hrs multi turbine time with multi-crew and FMS experience? Application has been sitting for months. Done a few updates but nothing. I feel like I'm doing something horribly wrong but none of my friends can tell me what.
The thing you did horribly wrong was applying to Jazz. You should be applying to AC. In this market, you are overqualified for a regional carrier.
How quickly things change :(

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

You probably have not noticed yet, but you may discover that the world of aviation in Canada is extremely competitive, and in fact, very very small. Things will come and bite you, and you will wonder how you never got a job flying that nifty, shiny C172. That advice is free, considering these times we live in at the moment.

FL007
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL007 »

vermont wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:17 pm
fliter wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:32 am
How quickly things change :(
This person wasn't qualified for AC anyways. 4600tt with 1 year multi turbine experience (for sure right seat)

FlackoJodye
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FlackoJodye »

Assuming that hiring will happen next year (based on the other topic on this forum), what chances does a Class 1 Flight instructor with 2000+ hrs Multi IFR rated and ATPL have in applying for Jazz then?
Should I apply for other regionals and build more multi two crew experience, or stick with instructing until they're well into hiring?

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”