Bid 2019

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Bid 2019

Post by KenoraPilot »

Looks to be 2 GS in April, 1 May, 1 June so far planned. Assuming at least 1 GS a month for the rest of the year.
---------- ADS -----------

Yieldermatik
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yieldermatik »

KenoraPilot wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:34 pm Looks to be 2 GS in April, 1 May, 1 June so far planned. Assuming at least 1 GS a month for the rest of the year.
I have absolutely no way of confirming this but today I did hear through a friend of a friend that due to the MAX ordeal jazz is pausing air ggn pilot transitions. Just throwing it out there in case anyone can actually confirm or deny this rumor.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

I can not confirm nor deny, but I would have expected the opposite if anything. If AC is pushing some domestic flying to Jazz to cover the grounded planes, theyd need more pilots and more planes.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

GGN management are trying to manipulate their employee group one last time by telling them that they won't release them to jazz til the fall.

Laughable.

So far, I haven't seen any impact on the operation at Jazz, other than some extra sectors here and there.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

ALPA sent out an email today about this issue. Seems that AC may slow down on hiring over the summer due to the 737Max grounding. How this will effect Jazz hiring I am not sure and how it will effect GGN flying ( as all express carriers have been tasked with picking up the slack).

It seems at the moment everyone is just kinda working on contingency plans for the loss of the Max fleet. Stand by to stand by. Clearly they are working on it, and AC still has to hire 60% Jazz pilots in their GS classes that they do run. I would expect to see a slow over the summer then of OTS if the AC hiring slows down. As for GGN management trying to "hold" their pilots I've heard the memo rumour.....but I don't think it will stand up as ALPA and Jazz are planning on taking the GGN pilots as per their seniority/training dates as per this last bid 2019-01.

Again everything can change and who really knows whats going to happen. Apply, enjoy your current job, keep building experience, cross your fingers and will all see how this unfolds.

Duukar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Duukar »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:47 pm I think it’s safe to say with those vacancies that every new hire for the next year or so will be on the Q in YVR!
Anyone know how accurate this is? I would love to be on the Q in YVR.

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yhz41 »

Duukar wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:53 pm
PostmasterGeneral wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:47 pm I think it’s safe to say with those vacancies that every new hire for the next year or so will be on the Q in YVR!
Anyone know how accurate this is? I would love to be on the Q in YVR.
Yes it seems to have the highest vacancies on it.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”