Interview Callback

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

mahmoudmer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Interview Callback

Post by mahmoudmer »

Out of curiosity, how long did you guys have to wait before getting a call back for the interview/sim eval?
I know things are kind of hectic right now because of GGN pilots making the move.
I've been waiting for 3 weeks now and still no call.

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

AirportCoffee
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Interview Callback

Post by AirportCoffee »

Send an email to the HR rep who gave you your interview/sim eval information and ask them about the current status of your application.

mahmoudmer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mahmoudmer »

AirportCoffee wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:05 am Send an email to the HR rep who gave you your interview/sim eval information and ask them about the current status of your application.
I actually haven't heard back after applying online. Sorry if my question was confusing. I meant how long did it take for them to contact you after you applied online?

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

mahmoudmer wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:04 am
AirportCoffee wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:05 am Send an email to the HR rep who gave you your interview/sim eval information and ask them about the current status of your application.
I actually haven't heard back after applying online. Sorry if my question was confusing. I meant how long did it take for them to contact you after you applied online?
What’s your experience level? There’s a total time experience level they have set into their system, if you’re below that your resume won’t even display in their potential candidates pile until you’ve reach that threshold.

mahmoudmer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mahmoudmer »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:16 am
What’s your experience level? There’s a total time experience level they have set into their system, if you’re below that your resume won’t even display in their potential candidates pile until you’ve reach that threshold.
Hey, thanks for your reply.

I have approximately 1100 hours. 400+ multi PIC, SARON/SAMRA Written completed. Group 1 Multi IFR rating.

Do you happen to know what that threshold is?

Thanks again!

Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Babar350 »

You will be contacted since you have their minimums requirements.
Normally it's around 3-4 weeks after applying online. However, since they need to adjust their hiring profile and pool, it might take a bit longer.
They need to hire 150 pilots for 2019 ( total is 350 but 200 are coming from GGN )

mahmoudmer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mahmoudmer »

Babar350 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:21 pm You will be contacted since you have their minimums requirements.
Normally it's around 3-4 weeks after applying online. However, since they need to adjust their hiring profile and pool, it might take a bit longer.
They need to hire 150 pilots for 2019 ( total is 350 but 200 are coming from GGN )
Thanks for your reply!

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

mahmoudmer wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:54 pm
Yycjetdriver wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:16 am

Hey, thanks for your reply.

I have approximately 1100 hours. 400+ multi PIC, SARON/SAMRA Written completed. Group 1 Multi IFR rating.

Do you happen to know what that threshold is?

Thanks again!
That should do it for sure. I’m not sure their current threshold but I know a little while back it was 800.

Loner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loner »

203 coming from GGN so your wait will be long.
Depending if you’re currently employed and can wait..
Or apply with other regionals IMHO.

DH8Pilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by DH8Pilot »

Loner wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:52 pm 203 coming from GGN so your wait will be long.
Depending if you’re currently employed and can wait..
Or apply with other regionals IMHO.
With the new agreement signed by Jazz, and the present situation at Westjet/Encore, I would wager Jazz is now the best long-term bet for regionals. The manner by which the GGN pilots will be included into the pilot system is irrelevant, given their seniority based on DOH is locked in. Since everything now, including flow to AC, is seniority based, the very first OTS pilot hired post-MOS4 will hold the exact same seniority, regardless of whether they're hired tomorrow or in October.

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

seems like with the 203 GGN pilots plus pilots already in the pool that 2019 hiring is wrapped?

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

link821 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:39 pm seems like with the 203 GGN pilots plus pilots already in the pool that 2019 hiring is wrapped?
I dont think so, I'm sure a bunch of those guys are in the ring at AC too, by the time they all come over I would not be surprised if some don't even make it past their effective dates. Plus with AC hiring more from us now with the new agreement

Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Babar350 »

Before the new agreement people in the pool were receiving their GS call about a month or so after the hiring pool email.
We are still in the pool since December and April GS is already full so things have slowed a bit regarding GS for OTS.
I don't expect us to have a GS before July or August...

Freeport_Flyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Freeport_Flyer »

From my experience:

I applied in early December, meet all the mins and even have a bunch of the "desirables" (ATPL, Glass cockpit, etc). Nothing... Like everyone has said, you're probably best to look elsewhere this year.

My 2 cents,

flycomercial
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flycomercial »

From what I heard, Jazz might conduct 2 ground schools each month if necessary. Current swimmers should be called for May or June ground school. And if you haven't recieved any call back within 2 weeks from Jazz after the interview, you might be out of your luck.

Hilroy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hilroy »

Don't forget the GGN guys aren't that much extra people, they need them to staff the aircrafts that are transferred from GGN to JZA. They will need 2 ground schools per months soon enough.

Master of Cessna 172
It has been 0 days since I've almost died in an airplane.
Never trust a student with fuel and oil.
stayls
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by stayls »

flycomercial wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:22 am From what I heard, Jazz might conduct 2 ground schools each month if necessary. Current swimmers should be called for May or June ground school. And if you haven't recieved any call back within 2 weeks from Jazz after the interview, you might be out of your luck.
I got two friends move to porter and another one to encore while waiting in pool. they have started their GS already. the one with encore actually started flying.

and here we are waiting almost for 3 months. :(

Loner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loner »

stayls wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:22 am
flycomercial wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:22 am From what I heard, Jazz might conduct 2 ground schools each month if necessary. Current swimmers should be called for May or June ground school. And if you haven't recieved any call back within 2 weeks from Jazz after the interview, you might be out of your luck.
I got two friends move to porter and another one to encore while waiting in pool. they have started their GS already. the one with encore actually started flying.

And you will wait even longer...don’t hold your breath too long.

Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Babar350 »

Loner wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:33 pm

What makes you think that?

AlbatrossFeather
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AlbatrossFeather »

Babar350 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:46 pm
Loner wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:33 pm

Please enlighten us.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”