Encore, then Jazz?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Encore, then Jazz?

Post by JBI »

If Encore offers you a position, take it. If you are ready to move on from your current job and you feel that Encore would be a better opportunity it is best to take it. Who knows what next month will bring or if Jazz will ever call. Fact is, despite there being unprecedented demand for low-ish time pilots right now, it won't last forever. While I don't anticipate the music stopping next month, you never know.

I would suggest two things though.

First, don't accept a ground school position with Encore if Jazz has already called you and you're just a couple weeks behind in the hiring process and would plan to jump ship as soon as they call. In that case, ask to defer the Encore ground school (if you have been offered one).

Second, give the Encore position a fair try first - i.e. give it 6 months before reapplying to Jazz. While I can attest that commuting is not great, you can make things work quite nicely. Who knows, you may find you like it a lot. With Encore right now, I believe (I stand to be corrected), you know you'll get a YYC base right out of training. With Jazz, although YVR tends to be available in most new hire classes, there's a chance that you'll end up with a YUL base to start and not be able to move for a few bids.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”