Cockpit visit

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

thruster
Rank 0
Rank 0

Cockpit visit

Post by thruster »

Hello,

I will be flying to CYAM on Sept 1, to attend Sault College for aviation. I would love to take a look at the cockpit on the Dash 8, however I am concerned that this may be seen as inappropriate or annoying. In addition, I do not want to form a bad impression that could jeopardize my career in the future when I apply to the regional airlines. As a pilot, if a passenger/student pilot asked to visit the cockpit, would you consider this as bothersome or something that forms a bad first impression?

Thanks for your input
---------- ADS -----------

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Cockpit visit

Post by skypirate88 »

I'd say it depends. There are times where we may be very busy dealing with a problem and don't really want to be bothered but vast majority of the time I don't have a problem with visitors.

If there has been a time before the flight that I didn't want to be bothered I always extended an invitation to come up after the flight.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

If it doesn’t seem like a busy flight and isn’t delayed I’d say go say hello, it’s totally cool.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

If the flight is boarding on time with no delays or MTC around the plane, for sure ask the FA if you could pop your head in. Usually most DH8 guys are pretty chill and don't mind shooting the sh*t for a few minutes. If there is a break in the passenger boarding ask the FA and if its busy boarding just take your seat and she/he can ask the front end. Once she gets it approved you can get up and go poke your head in. Shake hands, introduce yourself and ask questions, just don't expect to spend 20min chatting lol. Enjoy your trip.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”