PFO - Reapply

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

goodvibes
Rank 0
Rank 0

PFO - Reapply

Post by goodvibes »

Hi guys,

I was rejected by Jazz. When am I be eligible to apply again? Has anyone else gone through that recently?

Thank you.
---------- ADS -----------

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: PFO - Reapply

Post by Rowdy »

At one stage were you PFO'd? Interview? Sim eval? Medical? After reference checks? Might be a good idea to figure out why...

How much Time/experience do you have?

Usually the letter or phone call says 'apply again in 6 months'.

goodvibes
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by goodvibes »

Edit.

LicensedToThrill
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LicensedToThrill »

goodvibes wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:31 pmEdit.
I read your post before the edit and will chime in.

It does not hurt to follow up with HR and ask for feedback on the interview. Based on personal experience, there are great candidates that deserve the job but really suck at interviewing. It's a first impression game. Use this opportunity to grow and learn from it.

CaptainKirk
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CaptainKirk »

Bro! use it as motivation to do better next time.
Pain can be a great motivator for doing well.

Presently in aviation flight experience is only part of the equation to getting hired. The other ingredients are a good attitude, first impressions, ability to ask for help, CRM skills, and ability to sell yourself based on talking about previous experiences.

Interviews are scenario based. Tell me a time when...
I’d highly recommend doing a search for commonly asked pilot interview questions and write down the answers.

All the best!

Kirk

losercruiser
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by losercruiser »

What about lit youtube channels?

Why are you bumping all these threads? You must REALLY want everyone to know you got hired at AC. :roll:

porcsord
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by porcsord »

Well, I'm a little disappointed the "Regional Career" thread is locked. Was going to ask Kirk how his opinion changed so fast on the right career path for him. Nice strong backbone on you, glad you don't work the bush, it would be hard to live up to that standard.

PC

the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

porcsord wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:26 pm Well, I'm a little disappointed the "Regional Career" thread is locked. Was going to ask Kirk how his opinion changed so fast on the right career path for him.
I enjoyed the "Regional career" thread very much as well, but I don't think bringing it back is worth it. So much shit got said for no good reason and, unless CaptainKirk himself wants to chime in, nothing good can come out of it at this point.

Malfunction
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Malfunction »

Anyone know if ac pfo's a jazz guy how long he has to wait for another chance at interview?

derateNO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by derateNO »

Usually 6 months. But they've been doing this whole "we'd like to have you back for a second interview" BS which isn't really a PFO but they also don't say when. It's kinda opened ended. I seems like a way around the max 10% PFO for Jazz.

I know a handful of people all waiting to hear about the "second interview" right now and it's not very clear how long they will have to wait.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”