Seniority level at each base

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

wordstwice
Rank 4
Rank 4

Seniority level at each base

Post by wordstwice »

I didn’t want to hijack so started a new thread.

Based on the Jazz website it shows the seniority at the YVR base for captains (both Q and RJ) to be about 2017.

My question for the jazz folks- is this accurate? Is a three year upgrade still to be expected at these bases (assuming you have the qualifications) or is it longer or shorter?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Seniority level at each base

Post by yhz41 »

Upgrades on the Q in YVR are going under a year right now. The RJ is close to 2 still if my math is correct.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

There are YUL Classic and YVR Q400 captain spots going under a year. You'll need a valid ATPL for the upgrade or no dice.

The bottom few numbers don't have a very good quality of life, and in YVR you'll be on reserve mostly sitting in the right seat!

wordstwice
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by wordstwice »

So if I have 1500 hours and an ATPL I would qualify for an upgrade? I actually have almost 8,000 hours but just asking if there’s any other matrix or requirements for an upgrade at Jazz.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

wordstwice wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:22 pm So if I have 1500 hours and an ATPL I would qualify for an upgrade? I actually have almost 8,000 hours but just asking if there’s any other matrix or requirements for an upgrade at Jazz.
Seniority and atpl is all

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

The equipment bid just came out and looks like Direct Entry Captain Vacancies in YYZ DH8 & YVR Q400 & YUL Q400

Last edited by KenoraPilot on Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Caterpillar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Caterpillar »

How does it work if you get your upgrade quick for an ATPL new applicant?

Let’s say you have an upgrade within the first 6 months, are you staying BOTL until a newer seniority number gets upgraded?

I.E. Seneca new grad that needs 2 years to have an upgrade, hired march 2018 vs a 3000 hr ATPL hired march 2019.

Since I’m flying the King Air, does that qualify me to fly the Queen of the skies?
flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

Caterpillar wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:59 pm How does it work if you get your upgrade quick for an ATPL new applicant?

Let’s say you have an upgrade within the first 6 months, are you staying BOTL until a newer seniority number gets upgraded?

I.E. Seneca new grad that needs 2 years to have an upgrade, hired march 2018 vs a 3000 hr ATPL hired march 2019.
That Seneca grad will be senior when they upgrade, but the 3000 atpl will have more capt years for pay.

fixnfly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fixnfly »

yhz41 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:57 pm Upgrades on the Q in YVR are going under a year right now. The RJ is close to 2 still if my math is correct.
Most junior Captain on the RJ YVR has only been with jazz for 9-10 months. Low time upgrades across the board.

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yhz41 »

Yup I stand corrected.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”