Layoffs

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Curiousflyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Layoffs

Post by Curiousflyer »

KenoraPilot wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:19 pm
BleedAirValve wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:28 pm January 2017 is the magic date here. I got my notice which wasn’t unexpected at all

Good luck to everyone affected by this. From my family to yours please stay safe and healthy and hope to see you in the crew rooms soon
More layoff emails went out today. Nov 2016 was just laid off. 838 on the seniority list was the highest it went.
Was that exactly 675 seniority numbers from the bottom of the list? Or did the lay offs extend further because of medical leaves, parental leaves, etc?
---------- ADS -----------

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

Curiousflyer wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:17 pm
Was that exactly 675 seniority numbers from the bottom of the list? Or did the lay offs extend further because of medical leaves, parental leaves, etc?
Yes thats why, so it went higher than 675

timeflies
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by timeflies »

?

Last edited by timeflies on Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
CPT.HarshColdReality
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CPT.HarshColdReality »

you think they wall call back the lay offs then?

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

CPT.HarshColdReality wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:55 pm you think they wall call back the lay offs then?
Not necessarily, they will be on a standby status, on 75% of their wage to the max allowed, it doesn’t look like Jazz will make up the difference, it’s just keeping the ones on layoff from having to go on EI for now

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
Ash Ketchum
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Ash Ketchum »

mbav8r wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:00 pm
CPT.HarshColdReality wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:55 pm you think they wall call back the lay offs then?
Not necessarily, they will be on a standby status, on 75% of their wage to the max allowed, it doesn’t look like Jazz will make up the difference, it’s just keeping the ones on layoff from having to go on EI for now
It is nice of Jazz to do that. Beats EI, at least for captains (not sure how the math would look for FOs). I wonder if the standard deductions such as union dues and benefit deductions would still apply to those previously laid off with this new development in place.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”