Best guess when recalls could happen

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Best guess when recalls could happen

Post by acpaleaks »

Caterpillar wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:51 pm
acpaleaks wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:44 pm
Caterpillar wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:32 pm I'm curious to know the status of the march 14th, 2020 ground school group. Since "everyone" is being recalled, this should include those as well since seniority number were awarded.

I believe they were sent back home before the 2nd week of their training started.
Anyone given a seniority number will be part of recalls. They have an official start date with AC which was the day 1 of PIT. So of course they will be part of it.

The class that had 40 odd people all quit their jobs, and then prepare with LMS modules to start PIT only to have it pulled and offers rescinded shortly before the class date on the other hands are SOL. Pretty shitty thing to do, take back an offer when you already had people give in their notices and do online learning. The least AC could have done was "officially" hire them and get them ACPA numbers and then lay them off. But we all know that's something AC management would never do.
The thread is about Jazz, not AC...
Whoops.
---------- ADS -----------

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Caterpillar wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:32 pm I'm curious to know the status of the march 14th, 2020 ground school group. Since "everyone" is being recalled, this should include those as well since seniority number were awarded.

I believe they were sent back home before the 2nd week of their training started.
Every Jazz pilot that was on payroll (attended at least 1 day of GS) will get a recall offer.

Pilots who did not yet get added to Jazz payroll (job offer but GS cancelled) are in a different boat. Zero recall rights. Future status TBD by Jazz.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

rudder wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:57 am

Every Jazz pilot that was on payroll (attended at least 1 day of GS) will get a recall offer.

Pilots who did not yet get added to Jazz payroll (job offer but GS cancelled) are in a different boat. Zero recall rights. Future status TBD by Jazz.
Is seniority decided on day 1? At another airline in Canada, it's decided on day two when the union rep comes in and feeds us.

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:13 am
rudder wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:57 am

Is seniority decided on day 1? At another airline in Canada, it's decided on day two when the union rep comes in and feeds us.

Day one is your official start date at Jazz. That's all that matters.

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

14th march 2020 was a Saturday.

I can guarantee you there were no groundschool that started on that date.

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RegionalPilot »

Outlaw58 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:52 pm 14th march 2020 was a Saturday.

He probably meant March 16th. This is the class that only did the first week of initial training and were sent back home.

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

RegionalPilot wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:30 pm
Outlaw58 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:52 pm 14th march 2020 was a Saturday.

He probably meant March 16th. This is the class that only did the first week of initial training and were sent back home.
March 16th class received a recall notice.

Mrbobmarly111
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mrbobmarly111 »

Does that recall mean all of the Furloughed pilots at Jazz have received a recall?

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RegionalPilot »

Mrbobmarly111 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:36 am Does that recall mean all of the Furloughed pilots at Jazz have received a recall?
Yes

Mrbobmarly111
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mrbobmarly111 »

Thats great news

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”