Best guess when recalls could happen

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

a2btrail
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Best guess when recalls could happen

Post by a2btrail »

RegionalPilot wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:58 pm How many is left to be recalled (including SKV)?
If all of the Sep 9th class has been recalled. Rough math, 128 till the bottom of the Jazz Aviation and Sky Regional Integrated Pilot System Seniority List. Then the fun begins when one day they will work their way up the tree lol.
---------- ADS -----------

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

RegionalPilot wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:58 pm How many is left to be recalled (including SKV)?
Nobody knows. Even Jazz pilots. Hard to believe.

No information published as to who has been recalled and when.

After-the-fact lists come out monthly once pilots are returned to payroll.

Stayfly121
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Stayfly121 »

Any updates in regards to recalls?

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

Maybe this news will help with recall #'s

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2021-07 ... -Countries

Gravity always wins
a2btrail
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by a2btrail »

Between Aug and Sept we will hear about more recalls on the way. The trans-border market is about to light up.

the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

Apparently flying hours are over the agreement for august. Max sched hours have been augmented pending further recalls. With about 150-200 guys on layoff, there will not be many more remaining by september in my opinion.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

the-minister31 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:53 pm Apparently flying hours are over the agreement for august. Max sched hours have been augmented pending further recalls. With about 150-200 guys on layoff, there will not be many more remaining by september in my opinion.
That number is probably fairly accurate.

As of August 01st approximately 200 remaining on involuntary layoff plus those that passed on recall. However, the equipment bid that runs in August will determine the actual number of pilots required for 2022.

Ash Ketchum
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Ash Ketchum »

I wonder if some of the recently recalled pilots will be put back on furlough following the equipment bid. That would be tough for many as a lot of pilots have resigned from their other non aviation jobs to accept the recall.

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:22 am I wonder if some of the recently recalled pilots will be put back on furlough following the equipment bid. That would be tough for many as a lot of pilots have resigned from their other non aviation jobs to accept the recall.
Lol. Jazz is like doing 80-90 hour blocks. Training is a mess, no one is going to get laid off in the next little while. The recalls that happened already looked out a year and happened BEFORE the border opened up. I'm sure those recalled will be just fine.

And anyways I wouldn't really feel bad either way since they've all been on CEWS and working other jobs on top of it for the last year, many making BANK.

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Transition9er2 »

Can anyone confirm if there were additional recalls sent out that the union didn’t announce? I’m hearing calls went out for August 1st and 5th effective dates.

Is the union allowed to run recalls without letting the membership know? I’ve checked all emails and I don’t have anything.

Also, any chatter about what this LOU holds that’s supposed to be coming out this week? Hopefully it’s in relation to the boarder opening and means more good news!

T.

the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

I know for a fact that people have been recalled for 4-5th of august.

I was surprised that the union did not update the recall list or current number of pilots remaining on recall. I am an eternal optimistic and I tell myself that they think it doesn't matter anyway since everybody will be back by september ! But to be honest all depends on that famous position bid...

Many uncertainties for sure...

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

Why the lack of communication....privacy issues for Jazz & ALPA ? Kinda crappy for everyone who's waiting for recall news and numbers having to resort to this board for nuggets of information.

Gravity always wins
2nine9two
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 2nine9two »

The union stated that recalls would a constant and continual process and that it would be difficult to keep the membership up to date because it is constantly changing. Basically any list they publish would be immediately out of date. Recall notices have been going out every month since April

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

2nine9two wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:00 pm The union stated that recalls would a constant and continual process and that it would be difficult to keep the membership up to date because it is constantly changing. Basically any list they publish would be immediately out of date. Recall notices have been going out every month since April
Yeah they said that in a recent memo to members. I don't even work at Jazz anymore and I heard about the Aug recalls.

a2btrail
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by a2btrail »

A friend of mine originally from Sky got a recall call Monday this week.... 20 additional calls for EMB drivers have gone out this week for a Aug 16th reinstatement... therefore 20 original Jazz pilots will or have already been recalled as well .... more recalls to follow.... things heating up. At the rate we are going at by Oct 1 I wouldn't be surprised if the March 2020 class is recalled by then. As mentioned earlier the August Position bid is going to tell a clearer story. Congrats to all coming back!

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Transition9er2 »

a2btrail wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:38 pm A friend of mine originally from Sky got a recall call Monday this week.... 20 additional calls for EMB drivers have gone out this week for a Aug 16th reinstatement... therefore 20 original Jazz pilots will or have already been recalled as well .... more recalls to follow.... things heating up. At the rate we are going at by Oct 1 I wouldn't be surprised if the March 2020 class is recalled by then. As mentioned earlier the August Position bid is going to tell a clearer story. Congrats to all coming back!
This is exactly my point. How does anyone know if the union is actually following through on their mandate correctly? It sounds like Sky pilots are being called every other week, does anyone know for sure Jazz pilots are being called as well? Where’s the accountability and transparency here? The inactive list and recall process is a mess right now.

I would hope the LOU this week will speak to this.

T.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Transition9er2 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:30 am
a2btrail wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:38 pm A friend of mine originally from Sky got a recall call Monday this week.... 20 additional calls for EMB drivers have gone out this week for a Aug 16th reinstatement... therefore 20 original Jazz pilots will or have already been recalled as well .... more recalls to follow.... things heating up. At the rate we are going at by Oct 1 I wouldn't be surprised if the March 2020 class is recalled by then. As mentioned earlier the August Position bid is going to tell a clearer story. Congrats to all coming back!
This is exactly my point. How does anyone know if the union is actually following through on their mandate correctly? It sounds like Sky pilots are being called every other week, does anyone know for sure Jazz pilots are being called as well? Where’s the accountability and transparency here? The inactive list and recall process is a mess right now.

T.
I would guess that the volume of recalls of non-E175 qualified pilots outpaces the rate of out-of-order recalls of E175 qualified pilots by a significant margin.

Still, one would think that either the union or the company would be capable of supplying lists of recalled pilots (name/seniority #) and effective date of recall.

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Transition9er2 »

rudder wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:33 am
Transition9er2 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:30 am

T.
I would guess that the volume of recalls of non-E175 qualified pilots outpaces the rate of out-of-order recalls of E175 qualified pilots by a significant margin.

Still, one would think that either the union or the company would be capable of supplying lists of recalled pilots (name/seniority #) and effective date of recall.
I agree rudder, not saying the union is doing anything nefarious. But it would be nice however to see something showing that things are all above board and how they’re managing this.

Hoping for some good news this week!

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

Transition9er2 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:49 am Hoping for some good news this week!
As in news that would make the information void moot, such as complete recall? Wouldn't that be nice!!

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RegionalPilot »

Outlaw58 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:02 am
Transition9er2 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:49 am Hoping for some good news this week!
As in news that would make the information void moot, such as complete recall? Wouldn't that be nice!!

Can’t wait for the day they re-hire the march 30 and april 13 ground schools…

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”