Jazz Recalls?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Malfunction
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Jazz Recalls?

Post by Malfunction »

I'm all for working together but people attitudes on avcanada are the worst . In real life there just puppies.
---------- ADS -----------

tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgas »

Malfunction wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:02 am I'm all for working together but people attitudes on avcanada are the worst . In real life there just puppies.
So you consider yourself to be the smartest person in the room ? :lol:

rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by rxl »

CPT.HarshColdReality wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:33 pm Agreed. We need to re-orientate our focus to convince the bloody gov to open the borders and stop euthanizing our industry for a small cut in the arm...
NACC (National Airlines Council of Canada) is doing this.
ALPA Canada has its own initiative.
I understand that the unions at Sunwing are involved in a science based proposal for opening the borders while minimizing the risk.

A form email has gone out to NACC members’ employees to make it easy for them to add their voice to the lobbying.
If you work for one of the NACC airlines, you should have been provided with the link.
If you haven't, I suggest you get in touch with your manager.
It makes it very simple for employees to voice the concerns to their own Member of Parliament and the relevant Ministers.
It only takes a minute.

Like I said before, preserving the integrity of collective agreements is paramount, but in an industry that is quite literally fighting for it’s survival, isn’t time better spent on efforts like these?

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Tell NACC that airline employees will throw their names and support behind the initiative if they agree to waive the airport improvement fees for airline employees going forward. It is outrageous that pilots and FAs currently pay the AIF and we all know that when travel does come back the AIF will be jacked up to make up for lost revenues during the pandemic

tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgas »

hithere wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:43 pm Tell NACC that airline employees will throw their names and support behind the initiative if they agree to waive the airport improvement fees for airline employees going forward. It is outrageous that pilots and FAs currently pay the AIF and we all know that when travel does come back the AIF will be jacked up to make up for lost revenues during the pandemic
AIF vs gainful employment . That's not a difficult choice to make.

rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by rxl »

hithere wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:43 pm Tell NACC that airline employees will throw their names and support behind the initiative if they agree to waive the airport improvement fees for airline employees going forward. It is outrageous that pilots and FAs currently pay the AIF and we all know that when travel does come back the AIF will be jacked up to make up for lost revenues during the pandemic
Let me get this straight ... are you suggesting that NACC employees make support for their employers’ struggle to survive contingent on waiving a fee that they have no control over?? AIF’s are charged by airport authorities not the airlines, so really what you are asking is that your already cash strapped employer increase expenses even more. Sure ... makes perfect sense.
The industry is teetering on the brink and your number one priority is AIF’s on a perq of your employment??

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

I guess you guys don’t know the history of trying to get AIF waived for airline employees. NACC was approached pre pandemic to support a union/ airline employee initiative to get AIFs waived for airline employees(commuting/pass travel everywhere else in the world is basically free for airline employees) because the airlines that comprise NACC are the ones that collect the AIF on behalf of the airports when a person(including employees) travels to then remit the AIF back to the airports for the airport management to fund their various airport “projects”. NACC could have either refused to collect the AIF for pass travelers/commuters or collected it and then refunded it back to the same, but at the time they(or at least the head of NACC) was not interested. So that was a bit of a slap in the face to the airline employees. However I realize the dire state of the airline industry right now and that comment was definitely tongue in cheek and yes we all must support each other right now to get through this nightmare. It would just have been nice to have NACC support us before the Pandemic

rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by rxl »

Correct. I’m not up to speed on that particular history, and to be honest, this is not an issue I’ve been concerned with since my commute is via Ontario’s 400 series highways.
When the pandemic is in the rearview mirror and cash flows are positive again then maybe it should be revisited, but right now it would be just one more straw to load on that proverbial camel’s back.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”