Low PIC time

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Low PIC time

Post by RegionalPilot »

With all the hiring that was done over the last 2 years with college graduates (Seneca, CQFA, Sault), is there any concern that those graduates will have a hard time getting their 250 PIC time for their ATPLs?

Does it put too much pressure on the company to do PIC/US? I’m also curious to know what is the feeling of crews and upper management about the PIC/US program.
---------- ADS -----------

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Low PIC time

Post by acpaleaks »

Before Covid, Jazz had a huge problem with this. PICUS was hard to come by depending on the fleet, as only certain pilots were certified to do it and they were busy with line indoc. I have a number of friends at Jazz who were complaining about it at the time and many rented on their own and some took LOAs to fly at a 703/704 for a summer.

The company really didn't care because there were still more than enough people junior who had the time for the upgrade so those without an ATPL just got bypassed. But remember just because you have 250 PIC and an ATPL does not mean you are going to be a successful Captain applicant. Many, many people failed.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”