Vaccine mandate for employees

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Vaccine mandate for employees

Post by Aviatard »

2R wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:49 am I was asked about risks , and informed about risks , and made an informed decision voluntarily that would sure meet any legal definition of waiver of rights to sue for damages .
Did it say you waive your rights or just inform you about possible risks?
---------- ADS -----------

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

Aviatard wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:11 am
2R wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:49 am I was asked about risks , and informed about risks , and made an informed decision voluntarily that would sure meet any legal definition of waiver of rights to sue for damages .
Did it say you waive your rights or just inform you about possible risks?

A smart guy might have taken a picture :)

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

This is why you are an airplane driver and not a lawyer…

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

goldeneagle wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:33 pm
This is why you are an airplane driver and not a lawyer…

:) :) thanks buddy

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

sevendigits wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:22 pm Here's the point! No idiot in government or a government mandating our industry will order me to take a vaccine that has not been proven to work! We are a free society to choose and NOT be ordered by elected officials. Whatever your thoughts are on vaccines, and I am pro vaccines, they have to be tested and proven! The reason we have vaccines is to eradicate disease. Well these vaccines do not eradicate this virus. It is proven that people that are double vaccinated are still getting sick. So until they are proven they can kiss my a$$! Like the post says above lets do it at the ballot box and eradicate this incompetent tyrannical government.
4.5 billion and counting are vaccinated. What sample size do you require before you consider it proven to work?

I think you may be misunderstanding what a vaccine does. It doesn't prevent you from getting the virus, it (in the vast majority of cases) prevents you from ending up in an ICU and turns something potentially life threatening into a couple of days head cold.

You can tell your company to kiss your ass but you won't be going near an airport in uniform after October the way things are going, and I suspect if you can't produce for the company you'll find them reluctant to continue paying you. You don't have to be fired but a unpaid leave of absence is effectively the same thing.

Dry Guy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dry Guy »

The way things are going I'm starting to wonder if any of us will be going to an airport in uniform after October.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

tbaylx wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:43 pm
I think you may be misunderstanding what a vaccine does. It doesn't prevent you from getting the virus, it (in the vast majority of cases) prevents you from ending up in an ICU and turns something potentially life threatening into a couple of days head cold.
Is that what it's for?

Or more like that's what they have pivoted the narrative to be now...

Previously it was to provide immunity, which of course it does not. Now it only provides a minor decrease in symptoms in some people for a brief period requiring an endless string of booster doses.

Remember that the vast vast majority of people have minor to no symptoms anyway.

So no immunity, minimal affect for most regards symptoms, continuously expanding picture of adverse effects...

blasted off
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by blasted off »

The way this injection was authorized by TC with reference to Health Canada is criminal negligence.
With such extensive list of possible side effects it should not be even recommended by TC. Considering still unknown long term side effects it will jeopardize flight safety in long run. Expect higher number of inflight emergencies and incapacitation. Mandating this vaccine especially to pilot group is double crime.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

altiplano wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:50 pm
Is that what it's for?

Previously it was to provide immunity, which of course it does not. Now it only provides a minor decrease in symptoms in some people for a brief period requiring an endless string of booster doses.

Remember that the vast vast majority of people have minor to no symptoms anyway.

So no immunity, minimal affect for most regards symptoms, continuously expanding picture of adverse effects...

If you believe that the vaccines have no or minimal effect on the virus then its not worth discussing given the overwhelming evidence out there. Either way, believe in it or not you're going to need to be vaccinated in order to take part in your career and society.

MrAviator19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrAviator19 »

sevendigits wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:22 pm Here's the point! No idiot in government or a government mandating our industry will order me to take a vaccine that has not been proven to work! We are a free society to choose and NOT be ordered by elected officials. Whatever your thoughts are on vaccines, and I am pro vaccines, they have to be tested and proven! The reason we have vaccines is to eradicate disease. Well these vaccines do not eradicate this virus. It is proven that people that are double vaccinated are still getting sick. So until they are proven they can kiss my a$$! Like the post says above lets do it at the ballot box and eradicate this incompetent tyrannical government.
Recent data from Iceland showed 77% of new infections were breakthrough infections in fully vaccinated people. Virtually every single one of them never ended up in a hospital and/or died. BUT... vaccines need to be proven first :roll:

Also, why is everyone still wetting their pants over "number of cases"? Well, I guess the Government and media in this country is to blame. The only statistic that the vaccinated world should care about now is how many of those fully jabbed end up in hospitals and/or die. Zero COVID is a pipe dream. The best (the only) defense is to find effective ways mitigate the risks associated with this virus without putting a dent in normal life... and I mean NORMAL, not some "new normal" idea concocted by the cancel-culturists and TikTok generation. When were the number of flu "cases" ever being plastered all over our TV screens prior to COVID?

MrA

QKZXKV
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by QKZXKV »

MrAviator19 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:16 am
Recent data from Iceland showed 77% of new infections were breakthrough infections in fully vaccinated people. Virtually every single one of them never ended up in a hospital and/or died. BUT... vaccines need to be proven first :roll:

Also, why is everyone still wetting their pants over "number of cases"? Well, I guess the Government and media in this country is to blame. The only statistic that the vaccinated world should care about now is how many of those fully jabbed end up in hospitals and/or die. Zero COVID is a pipe dream. The best (the only) defense is to find effective ways mitigate the risks associated with this virus without putting a dent in normal life... and I mean NORMAL, not some "new normal" idea concocted by the cancel-culturists and TikTok generation. When were the number of flu "cases" ever being plastered all over our TV screens prior to COVID?

MrA
Well said in that second paragraph. The brats of that generation (some of mine are included in that group) are fueling this nonsense further to help their laziness.

We were waterboarded with the initial "wave" in 2020 and now that the public health officers want to live with this and change how they approach it, the woke groups are freaking out that their false sense of security is being taken away from them.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

If you believe that the vaccines have no or minimal effect on the virus then its not worth discussing given the overwhelming evidence out there

I said minimal effect for the majority.

And indeed it's not a matter of me thinking it, that's the fact. The majority of people don't get symptoms, of those that do most are very mild.
Of that that do get sick, the majority of don't go to hospital.
Of those that go to hospital, the vast majority don't die. Vaccinated or not, that's what happens.

Vulnerable (old or sick or old and sick) these vaccines probably make sense, For the majority, with the growing list of side effects, the documented reduction in efficacy, the fact that breakthrough infection is now fact and eventually likely, and transmission from, to, and between vaccinated is as likely as between unvaccinated... the case for vaccination is reduced. It doesn't stop spread or mutation.

They told us vaccination would lead to herd immunity and it was a lie, now they are telling us something else.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

Is that what it's for?

If you're going to post doomsday photos, at least make the effort to look at common drugs that you have no problem taking too.

That doesn't include long term damage to your liver.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:33 am
Is that what it's for?

If you're going to post doomsday photos, at least make the effort to look at common drugs that you have no problem taking too.

That doesn't include long term damage to your liver.
Doomsday photo?

That's a list of side effects from a slide in an FDA presentation on the vaccines.

And to be clear, you're equating this list:

Guillain-Barré syndrome
Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis
Transverse myelitis
Encephalitis/myelitis/encephalomyelitis/ meningoencephalitis/meningitis/ encepholapathy
Convulsions/seizures
Stroke
Narcolepsy and cataplexy
Anaphylaxis
Acute myocardial infarction
Myocarditis/pericarditis
Autoimmune disease
Deaths
Pregnancy and birth outcomes
Other acute demyelinating diseases
Non-anaphylactic allergic reactions
Thrombocytopenia
Disseminated intravascular coagulation
Venous thromboembolism
Arthritis and arthralgia/joint pain
Kawasaki disease
Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children
Vaccine enhanced disease

to this list:

nausea,
stomach pain,
loss of appetite,
itching,
rash,
headache,
dark urine,
clay-colored stools,
jaundice (yellowing of skin o eyes)

Do you see how those don't really compare?

Possibly yellow pee and skip lunch,
versus
A stroke, with a side of meningitis, only to still contract covid and have it become a vaccine enhanced case.

My immune system is fine, thanks.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

altiplano wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:36 am My immune system is fine, thanks.
At the end of the day, nobody is going to care that you're going to lose your job because you refuse to get vaccinated. In fact, I think that it's a good thing that people who are able to reason are going to be promoted to replace those who take facebook images (or in this case, a youtube video) as their source of fact.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:43 am
At the end of the day, nobody is going to care that you're going to lose your job because you refuse to get vaccinated. In fact, I think that it's a good thing that people who are able to reason are going to be promoted to replace those who take facebook images (or in this case, a youtube video) as their source of fact.
Once again, that's a screenshot from a presentation detailing what the US Food and Drug Aviatio Administration is tracking on side effects for this vaccine.

At the end of the day I care deeply for the people whom have had adverse reactions to this virus or this vaccine.

I care deeply for my colleagues and fellow citizens of my community, and of the world, that have been adversely affected socially and economically by the policy directions our governments have chosen in response.

I also feel sorry for people that have such a callous attitude toward others, like you. Even though you're an ignorant, clueless, entitled, prick, I feel badly for you and care about you and wish you the best!

And perhaps you need to work in your "reasoning" skills a little... you're just a follow the masses, safe in your school of baitfish, type that couldn't "reason" themselves out of a paper bag.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

altiplano wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:01 am
notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:43 am
Once again, that's a screenshot from a presentation detailing what the US Food and Drug Aviatio Administration is tracking on side effects for this vaccine.

At the end of the day I care deeply for the people whom have had adverse reactions to this virus or this vaccine.

I care deeply for my colleagues and fellow citizens of my community, and of the world, that have been adversely affected socially and economically by the policy directions our governments have chosen in response.

I also feel sorry for people that have such a callous attitude toward others, like you. Even though you're an ignorant, clueless, entitled, prick, I feel badly for you and care about you and wish you the best!

And perhaps you need to work in your "reasoning" skills a little... you're just a follow the masses, safe in your school of baitfish, type that couldn't "reason" themselves out of a paper bag.
Since you obviously don't remember my previous posts regarding this matter, let me remind you.

I am working Ontario's provincial vaccine booking line. I am well aware of the benefits and hazards of the Pfizer, Moderna, and Astra Zeneca (no longer being administered for first doses) COVID vaccines. My information is from the Ministry of Health, and I have two doctors in my family who have both confirmed the information as correct.

So, with that said, you are downplaying the importance and efficacy of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines and exaggerating the risks involved with receiving them. Pretending to care about others while spreading misinformation shows how little you know and how little you actually care.

Enjoy driving a forklift for the rest of your life.

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Transition9er2 »

I love how the ones who bark the loudest and act the toughest are the first ones to simply fall in line and do whatever CBC and CNN tell them. The tough guy act may work on your kids or impress your friends but seriously, posting regurgitated quotes on AvCanada is a waste of time and only makes you look foolish. FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE TABLE.

All the back and forth on here isn’t going to accomplish a damn thing. Everyone is so entrenched in their opinions that no amount of screen shots of proof points will change each other’s minds. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, that’s what makes this Country so great. But it’s the way ppl FORCE their opinions on each other that is very childish.

My “opinion” is, if you think we’re going to achieve Zero Covid cases, I worry for you. And if you think our employer can all of a sudden present us with an ultimatum of “get vaccinated or lose your job” after we are already employed, after we already have signed offer letters that outline terms of employment and after we have committed to join our union and agreed to the CA that both the union and company are following, well I whole heartedly disagree with you. An employer can’t simply make such a significant change like this to our employment after we are already employees. There’s a binding contract between employer and employee and the last time I checked there was nothing in there about taking a vaccine or lose your job. I don’t care how you ‘interpret’ whatever sentence of your favourite paragraph.

Personally, I will NOT be getting the vaccine before October. I’m confident I won’t be getting assigned a training event any time in the near future, and therefore I don’t see the need to rush out and get it. I am willing to wait and see how this election plays out and if the narrative will change. NOT because I am an antivaxer but because I don’t believe in forcing it on people and I simply don’t feel it is necessary FOR ME at this moment in time. I am willing to wait a few more months to see “the science” behind the vaccine before I am ready to take it.

That’s it, that’s all. As I said above, yell, scream and threaten me all you want. That’s your right on a free message board, I DONT CARE.

The goalposts have changed so many times, my guess is that by October we’ll be all fired up slinging dirt at each other over something completely different.

Have a great day and stay safe.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

This might settle some nerves:

"Pfizer becomes first Covid vaccine to gain full FDA approval"
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58309254

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/us-pfize ... -1.6149959

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Transition9er2 »

photofly wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:48 am This might settle some nerves:

"Pfizer becomes first Covid vaccine to gain full FDA approval"
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58309254

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/us-pfize ... -1.6149959

Thanks for the info Photofly. This is the first I’m hearing of this and very interested to see what the link has to say. Getting full approval for these vaccines has “personal” been a pretty big sticking point for me.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”