Jazz version of “double double”

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

crj_705
Rank 2
Rank 2

Jazz version of “double double”

Post by crj_705 »

Open the vaults!!! 🏦

Looks like the Company (Jazz Aviation) is being forced to penny up to the bar!!! New ALPA LOU valid 01Sep21 until 31Dec21 will see all credits in excess of our current normal blocking average of 85hrs (+/- 2.5 hrs) will be paid at double time! 💰💰 With 87.5hr blocking averages expanding up to 90hrs right now, there is still tons of overtime not being picked up resulting in cancelled flights throughout the system. Maybe a few more shackles will sweeten the pot??? 🍯

All JZA pilots are now back on the payroll (Aug29) and the training machine is spinning at full tilt… :)
---------- ADS -----------

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Jazz version of “double double”

Post by tbaylx »

crj_705 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:50 am Open the vaults!!! 🏦

Looks like the Company (Jazz Aviation) is being forced to penny up to the bar!!! New ALPA LOU valid 01Sep21 until 31Dec21 will see all credits in excess of our current normal blocking average of 85hrs (+/- 2.5 hrs) will be paid at double time! 💰💰 With 87.5hr blocking averages expanding up to 90hrs right now, there is still tons of overtime not being picked up resulting in cancelled flights throughout the system. Maybe a few more shackles will sweeten the pot??? 🍯

All JZA pilots are now back on the payroll (Aug29) and the training machine is spinning at full tilt… :)
Shackles? that's one way of increasing productivity I guess :P

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Jazz chose to layoff and de qualify over 50% of the active pilots. As a result, Jazz saved million$$.

Now, with AC’s desire to quickly reinstate a significant amount of Express flying, the consequence of that choice is a near term shortage of qualified pilots. It is exacerbated by the assimilation of the former SKV E175 operation where many SKV pilots were also de qualified.

So now some of the previous savings will be expended to incentivize overtime subscription to cover open flying. Ultimately, Jazz will have saved much more from April 2020-August 2021 than it will spend between September-December to meet the commercial schedule.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Great for those who want it. I’ve been called twice in the past 3 days and I politely said no thanks. Hasn’t been the most enjoyable place lately with all the Covid B.S. and insane ground delays. Throw in a “Mad Max” commute on the 401 and I’ll gladly enjoy my mere 12 days off per month. 8)

Let’s Go Brandon
crj_705
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by crj_705 »

tbaylx wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:48 am
crj_705 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:50 am Open the vaults!!! 🏦

Shackles? that's one way of increasing productivity I guess :P
LOL…I guess I was thinking what the wife had in store for me later tonight!!! :lol:

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”