Jazz Medical

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

La Pura Vida
Rank 1
Rank 1

Jazz Medical

Post by La Pura Vida »

Had a medical for Jazz recently. But only did the urine test (i.e. tox screen) and then sent home. I expected a complete medical exam. Is this a normal process? And of course I'll mention I passed the tox screening and was even given the results in print on the spot...
---------- ADS -----------

TopperHarley
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Jazz Medical

Post by TopperHarley »

When I did the medical, the urine test was the last thing. There was a blood test (I fainted after and woke up on the ground), hearing, ecg, and urine test (which took me +1hr to give because unknown to me, the nurse had to stand next to me as I went in order to make sure I wasn't "cheating.") Not sure how it's done now, but I dont think you do a full Cat 1 medical. I also failed the blood test and had to go get tested at a clinic before they okay'ed me. If I were you, Id just call them to see whats up.

‎"Never travel faster than your guardian angel can fly." - Mother Theresa
fingersmac
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by fingersmac »

The nurse had to stand next to you while you pissed!? Ouch.

La Pura Vida
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by La Pura Vida »

Yeah, talk about stage fright...

TopperHarley
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TopperHarley »

Yeah it sucked. She kept trying to talk to me too. I was sooo glad to be out of there. Toughest part of the interview process, by far!

Flaps 1
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Flaps 1 »

Hey Topper, you should have offered a sperm sample while you had your drawers down...perhaps then she would have left you alone...or not.. :D

TopperHarley
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TopperHarley »

Flaps 1 wrote:Hey Topper, you should have offered a sperm sample while you had your drawers down...perhaps then she would have left you alone...or not.. :D
I offered, but she said she wanted my urine instead :smt040 :twisted:

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Yep, strange, I went through the whole deal aswell. Maybe a Cat 1 is sufficient now, just the urine testing for drugs.

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
Maxpwr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Maxpwr »

mbav8r wrote:Yep, strange, I went through the whole deal aswell. Maybe a Cat 1 is sufficient now, just the urine testing for drugs.
We went through the whole deal i think because at the time Jazz was still using Air Canada medical examiners. Not anymore though.

172pilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 172pilot »

You have to do blood test for Air Canada? Do airlines have standards above and beyond a normal Cat 1 using their own doctors? I've only had the ecg/urine test for a cat 1.

La Pura Vida
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by La Pura Vida »

172pilot wrote:You have to do blood test for Air Canada? Do airlines have standards above and beyond a normal Cat 1 using their own doctors? I've only had the ecg/urine test for a cat 1.
Yes, some airlines do have a more elaborate medical which may include a blood test. The urine test for a Cat 1 medical is not a drug test. More for Diabetes, etc...

termerair
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by termerair »

La Pura Vida wrote:Had a medical for Jazz recently. But only did the urine test (i.e. tox screen) and then sent home. I expected a complete medical exam. Is this a normal process? And of course I'll mention I passed the tox screening and was even given the results in print on the spot...
Had the exact same scenario as well today (ie only the drug test)... Maybe I should mention that I had done the regular Cat 1 medical at the same place a few months ago, so they had already some records on file...

T.

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

La Pura Vida wrote:Had a medical for Jazz recently. But only did the urine test (i.e. tox screen) and then sent home. I expected a complete medical exam. Is this a normal process? And of course I'll mention I passed the tox screening and was even given the results in print on the spot...
That is pretty much all you have to do. Results are given to you on the spot and then faxed to HR personnel in YHZ.

Good luck!

Samolin
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Samolin »

I don't know where you guys did your medical, but when I did mine about 3.5 years ago in Toronot, it was intense is all I have to say.
1) Urine Test
2) ECG
3) Hearing Test
4) Complete eye exam
5) Complete physical

all in all.... it took 1.5 hours!

good luck to all who applied...

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Well if you guys are on the 57, than that's all they do as a way to make up for your crap wage on that plane. I don't care how you slice it.

Jazz is a joke....

Lol, I just figured I would post this first as some one like Samson always figures out a way to make every jazz topic about wage.

Carry on.

Xander
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Xander »

Hi,

I did my medical last tuesday. Since then, no news. Should I be worried? 3 days after my sim I had a call.

How long does it usually take to get a call after the medical?

The trouble with my life is that I do not think I am cut out to sit behind a desk.
Maxpwr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Maxpwr »

Everybody is different. For some it's two days between calls. For me it was 2 weeks every time. But i can almost guarrantee that if you've done the interview, sim and medical then the job is yours unless you have drugs in your system or your references sink you. The call will come.

Xander
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Xander »

Thanks Maxpwr!

The trouble with my life is that I do not think I am cut out to sit behind a desk.
Beach 200
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Beach 200 »

So in YYZ, where is the medical performed and what do they do, for those that have hired out of YYZ lately? I've heard everything from blood work and the whole deal to just a piss test for tox screening?

jazz12
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jazz12 »

My boyfriend was hired by jazz in november and he did only an urine test so no stress!

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”