Jazz Medical

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Jazz Medical

Post by flyinhigh »

hella_bright wrote:I had a jazz medical a little over a year ago but for maintenance and it was the complete physical examination. Took about 1.5 hours. Hard to believe you guys only require a urine test?

I agree, mine was a full on physical when I did it 4 years ago. I guess we just need pilots or the company doesn't want to dool out the cash for a true medical.
---------- ADS -----------

homer85
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by homer85 »

I was surprised myself. The e-mail stated I would have to provide a urine sample, however I thought It was one of the things to be checked. The lady at the reception said, "you are only booked for a urine sample" .."we have medicals booked but for other positions"

I guess they are ok with a Cat 1.

D-Iced
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by D-Iced »

Yep, pee in a cup, sign a few things, bu-bye. Good stuff.

ThedDirtyNavajo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ThedDirtyNavajo »

Did the urine test monday and was NOT watched by a nurse 😂 anyone have a more recent callback time? After the sim i got the email the next day but the waits been pretty long after the medical test

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

ThedDirtyNavajo wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:20 am Did the urine test monday and was NOT watched by a nurse 😂 anyone have a more recent callback time? After the sim i got the email the next day but the waits been pretty long after the medical test
Take the time you’re waiting to read the other active Jazz forums. Then contemplate your decision and apply elsewhere.

V1Vr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by V1Vr »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:16 am
ThedDirtyNavajo wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:20 am Did the urine test monday and was NOT watched by a nurse 😂 anyone have a more recent callback time? After the sim i got the email the next day but the waits been pretty long after the medical test
Take the time you’re waiting to read the other active Jazz forums. Then contemplate your decision and apply elsewhere.
Like? Encore, and sit on the Q for ten years? Then if you're lucky fly at Swoop?

If this deal passes Jazz will be the place to be long term if you want to stay at a regional AND short term if you plan to go to AC.

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

V1Vr wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:36 am
Like? Encore, and sit on the Q for ten years? Then if you're lucky fly at Swoop?

If this deal passes Jazz will be the place to be long term if you want to stay at a regional AND short term if you plan to go to AC.
I think what you meant to say is “Jazz will be A place to be for a long time” not “the”.
Well below fair compensation packages and signing on for another 17 years. It’s rediculous.

V1Vr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by V1Vr »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:10 am
V1Vr wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:36 am

I think what you meant to say is “Jazz will be A place to be for a long time” not “the”.
Well below fair compensation packages and signing on for another 17 years. It’s rediculous.
Technically it's only an extra ten.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”