Any hiring news??

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ten10
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Any hiring news??

Post by ten10 »

Anybody in the GS's with almost zero flight time?
---------- ADS -----------

scopiton
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by scopiton »

right on : only MPIC hours should be counted as total flight time and eligible for ATPL.
:mrgreen:

All DAY EVERY DAY
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by All DAY EVERY DAY »

Any new developments? Haven't heard anything new, Is jazz still hiring?

SmokinJoe
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SmokinJoe »

I got a call for the March 23 GS. I was told that the hiring would be ongoing.

-Rockin In The Free World
Propjet
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Propjet »

Hey folks,
anyone know dates for upcoming ground schools for end of May and June? Thanks

ArcticVoyageur
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ArcticVoyageur »

looking for info on that as well, was told in the interview 1 gs planned for May, still undecided if they will hold 2. No idea about June, anyone hear anything different?

Krimson
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Krimson »

Out of curiosity, anyone know what bases and equipment were offered to the May 4 GS?

Mart
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mart »

2 CRJ YYZ
4 DH8
4 Q400

Classics and Q's were a mix of YYZ and YYC

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

Any recent hires with less than 3900 hours Total Time?

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

NickyNick wrote:Any recent hires with less than 3900 hours Total Time?
I would say almost all have less than that. I have about 3700 and was offered a job. Thankfully something much more lucrative came around.

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

ant_321 wrote:
I would say almost all have less than that. I have about 3700 and was offered a job. Thankfully something much more lucrative came around.

Hard to believe, no job offer with 3900 hrs and 2500 hrs BE20 PIC.

What types of aircraft do they like one to have hrs on ? King Air time doesn't seem to get you into airlines anymore.

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

Not sure. I know 5 people who have went there this year. All had 1900 time. Their hours ranged from 2-3000.

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

a friend of mine got a call for an interview with 2400 hours mostly single engine piston time, but he was an SO for KFC for a year or so and then got laid off.

another one of my friends has 1300 hours and works as a medivac FO on a 200 and was told they pretty much want him to have his ATPLs before they would consider looking into him.

so im pretty confused as well.

PositiveRate27
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by PositiveRate27 »

NickyNick wrote:
ant_321 wrote:

Hard to believe, no job offer with 3900 hrs and 2500 hrs BE20 PIC.

What types of aircraft do they like one to have hrs on ? King Air time doesn't seem to get you into airlines anymore.

FWIW Jazz has a 3 stage interview process (4 if you include the phone call). The in person interview is to see if your personality is a match for what the company needs and where its going. They are also mostly gauging your personality in the sim. Yes, they are looking at your overall flying skills, but they are mostly looking at how you handle 2 crew operations, how quickly you learn and how you handle stress. Finally and drug test and criminal background check. Those are essentially personality and character tests as well. Once that is all complete THEN you MAY get a job offer.

As you can see, time in the log book may draw their attention, but you still need to EARN the job offer through the interview process. I know many pilots with far greater time in the log book that either got PFO'd from Jazz or never even got a call. If your resume and cover letter hint at the same level of entitlement as your posts come across that may be a reason. I don't know you, so I may be completely off base. Just some food for thought.

Best of luck with the job hunt.

PR

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

quote]

FWIW Jazz has a 3 stage interview process (4 if you include the phone call). The in person interview is to see if your personality is a match for what the company needs and where its going. They are also mostly gauging your personality in the sim. Yes, they are looking at your overall flying skills, but they are mostly looking at how you handle 2 crew operations, how quickly you learn and how you handle stress. Finally and drug test and criminal background check. Those are essentially personality and character tests as well. Once that is all complete THEN you MAY get a job offer.

As you can see, time in the log book may draw their attention, but you still need to EARN the job offer through the interview process. I know many pilots with far greater time in the log book that either got PFO'd from Jazz or never even got a call. If your resume and cover letter hint at the same level of entitlement as your posts come across that may be a reason. I don't know you, so I may be completely off base. Just some food for thought.

Best of luck with the job hunt.

PR[/quote]

Must be a lot of resume fakers, I know of some that I have no idea how got a job with their attitude and cowboy flying !!!!!!

PositiveRate27
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by PositiveRate27 »

Goes to show that how you present yourself speaks volumes ;)

Best of luck

dirk82
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by dirk82 »

Maybe they assume that with 4000 hours you respect yourself to much to work for 30k plus a guaranteed 10k a year in per diem that somehow helps pay rent and not feed you on the road. I did get PFO'd on step 1 (phone call) so I am a little bitter about the whole deal. Good luck

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

dirk82 wrote:Maybe they assume that with 4000 hours you respect yourself to much to work for 30k plus a guaranteed 10k a year in per diem that somehow helps pay rent and not feed you on the road. I did get PFO'd on step 1 (phone call) so I am a little bitter about the whole deal. Good luck
Which requirements did you not meet?

TrailerParkBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by TrailerParkBoy »

I formally apologize to those applying with actual experience that are not being called for interviews.

Unfortunately, you have too much experience and deserve a better salary. We will hire pilots with NO experience first, then once we exhaust the NO experience pool of pilots, we will hire the pilots WITH experience, probably with the same low salary.

Its a crazy industry

dirk82
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by dirk82 »

NickyNick wrote:
dirk82 wrote:Maybe they assume that with 4000 hours you respect yourself to much to work for 30k plus a guaranteed 10k a year in per diem that somehow helps pay rent and not feed you on the road. I did get PFO'd on step 1 (phone call) so I am a little bitter about the whole deal. Good luck
Which requirements did you not meet?
They told me my parents don't make enough to support me while waiting for PML 2.0, Aviation is cruel

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”