Ultimate 10-100 Biplane For Sale

Interested in aerobatics or information on an airshow place your topics here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

dangerousdave
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Ultimate 10-100 Biplane For Sale

Post by dangerousdave »

Right on. The Eagle needs a close eye on the spring gear also. This particular Ultimate has the tubular gear similar to the RV series aircraft whee the gear attach is part of the engine mount. Nice! Just got the wings on tonight and now rigging. Starting to look like an airplane again.
dangerousdave
---------- ADS -----------

cgzro
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Ultimate 10-100 Biplane For Sale

Post by cgzro »

Ah the joys of rigging a biplane. The Pitts style upper wing (single central pivoting cabane attach points) makes it even more fun since it can teeter todder giving you yet one more degree of freedom to get right. Its really an amazing procedure. You level the fuse horizontally, then level it lengthwise. Then you have to level the top wing, then you have to raise the tips of the top wing about 1" (dihedral which you will remove when you tighten the flying wires), by cranking up the landing wires which support the bottom wings. Trick is to have the flying wires come perfectly into tension just as the top wing looses its dihedral (and stays level). Most of the time of course the top wing is not level when you reach the 750lbs or so tension, or the tension is too much etc. You have to keep backing off, resetting and trying again. Then once you have the top wing level with the proper flying wire tension, the landing wires should be properly in tension also. After that you trim the lower rear I struts to change the AOA of the lower wings relative to the top. Its like one big floppy parallologram. Took me a solid weekend to get it right.... I don't envy you Dave ;)
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Aerobatics & Airshows”