Good Aerobatic plane for new acro pilot

Interested in aerobatics or information on an airshow place your topics here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Nanart
Rank 1
Rank 1

Good Aerobatic plane for new acro pilot

Post by Nanart »

I'm planning on getting into aerobatics and am in the process of finding a good affordable plane to learn on. I would really like a pitts or christian eagle but recently found an Acrosport 1 which is much more affordable. I dont know alot about the Acrosport but from what ive read it might be a good plane to start on and learn the figures then upgrade to a different plane later.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

ScottHolmes
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Good Aerobatic plane for new acro pilot

Post by ScottHolmes »

You will probably need a bunch of dual time is a 2-seat Pitts before you get into any of those. Consider a Decathlon? It is much more docile and much better behaved on the ground.

robertsailor1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by robertsailor1 »

Acrosport 1 is a very decent little aircraft. Better acro's than a Decathlon and maybe about even or a little bit behind a 2 place Pitts. They have the M-6 airfoil on the standard model which is the same airfoil as the flatwing early Pitts. It also comes in a Super model with symmetrical airfoils for better outside work. Bit easier to handle on the ground than a Pitts and larger cockpit so fits larger guys but all these little bipes require good stick and rudder skills. Makes sense to get some time in a 2 place Pitts before jumping in. What engine and prop combo are you looking at? I have an Acrosport 11. Cheers!

robertsailor1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by robertsailor1 »

One other comment, it will be a long time before you are better than that aircraft when it comes to aerobatics.

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

robertsailor1 wrote:One other comment, it will be a long time before you are better than that aircraft when it comes to aerobatics.
+ 1

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

If he didn't leave he has plenty of time to think it over having waited 5 months for a reply.

Return to “Aerobatics & Airshows”