Mil to Civ

Place a topic in this forum to introduce yourself and find a little advice.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako

Skyhunter
Rank 4
Rank 4

Mil to Civ

Post by Skyhunter »

I am looking for some general advice as to what alternatives are out there. Obviously considering the Westjets, AC, Cathay etc, but don't necessarily see my self as an airline guy. That being said I don't really know what else there is. I will be hitting my 20 years military in 16 months or so. Currently live in the Ottawa area with teenagers so don't want to move them. Whatever I find has to be commutable (that is not a real word is it) from YOW. Have an aviation college background but straight into the military after. Not lots of time compared to civilians but almost all PIC fast jet. Did the ATPL a few years back prepping for this time in my life but it is kind of scarey stepping out of a secure job into the unknown.

Just wondering who might want to mentor a crusty old guy in civilian options.

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Barney
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Mil to Civ

Post by Barney »

Check out Fugro and Sanders they both are in Ottawa. Survey companies that require rotations
all over the world. They pay pretty good for a captains pos.

binny45
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by binny45 »

These both do rotations for maint as well? Got a website by chance? :)

chipmunk
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by chipmunk »

binny45 wrote:These both do rotations for maint as well? Got a website by chance? :)
Yes, they do.
Websites... Fugro's is not very useful unless you're a prospective client, so your best bet is to email your resume to hr@fugroairborne.com. No hiring at all going on now, but it never hurts to drop in a resume.

Sander... not sure how to go about that one.

Return to “AvCanada's Mentor Program”