Want to work for Borek

Place a topic in this forum to introduce yourself and find a little advice.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako

bond7
Rank 0
Rank 0

Want to work for Borek

Post by bond7 »

Hey all, I'm a new guy, got my cpl in May and have been flying skydivers in southern ontario to help get my PIC moving a bit. This fall I'm thinking that I will go back to the west coast for my multi-ifr and would really like to get on with Ken Borek in the next year following that. Any advice from anybody would be greatly appreciated. I know that there are a few of you out there currently working for them. I've seen the requirements for pilots on their website and needless to say, I'm not there yet. Sitting around 250 total, 65 or so on floats and about 135 PIC. What should I be doing to get myself ready and qualified to go work for them? I'm specifically interested in the Maldives operation but would openly consider all options available.

Thanks in advance, Safe flying

-Cheers
---------- ADS -----------

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: Want to work for Borek

Post by ahramin »

If you want to work in Male, I'd get a resume in with MAT and TMA.

bond7
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by bond7 »

ahramin wrote:If you want to work in Male, I'd get a resume in with MAT and TMA.
Even at my experience level? Okay, I'll send them off. Thanks for the reply ahramin.

Are they good operators to work for? where I will come out having really learned something? Does anyone recommend one of the three (KB, MAT, or TMA) more or less than the others?

EDIT: I now realize that I had misunderstood the partnership between MAT and Kenn Borek. Having said that, does one apply through Kenn Borek or through MAT?

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=56682

I don't see much point going through Borek.

blueoval56
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by blueoval56 »

Ya if you want to go to the Maldives then it's looking like you're going to have to find a way other than KBAL.
Other than that if you're still interested then, as the website says, MIFR and a float ticket.
If you're less than 500TT, it is possible to start on the ground in the maintenance hangar at YYC. Guys start in the paint bay and the upholstery shop and usually work a year then hop on something. There's usually only 1 or 2 guys doing it at any given time, so the positions are rare, but if you were persistant and did some research on who to contact then you could probably get something. Don't know if that interests you or if it's any help. It's a great company to work for hands down. If you're not affraid of work that is.

Return to “AvCanada's Mentor Program”