Sault College

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

PreparBetterThnXpln
Rank 0
Rank 0

Sault College

Post by PreparBetterThnXpln »

Hello,

Was just wondering if I can get some advice from people on living costs throughout the 7 semesters. Is there enough time to work part time? Is there public transportation that can get me to the college on time for all the classes? Is having a vehical a requirement? Just trying to figure out living costs. Thanks guys!
---------- ADS -----------

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Sault College

Post by lownslow »

Like anything else, it costs as much as you want it to cost. Having said that, you can live pretty cheap. There's a pile of rental houses about a five minute walk from the school and the school used to (probably still does) have a couple shuttles to get students to and from the airport. The downside to the shuttles is they only run a couple times a day but the upside is if you're sitting at the hangar for six hours for a one hour flight you're in the right place to swipe a plane if some other student cancels, which often happens.

Flight scheduling has changed since I was there, no idea if a job can be worked in but for me the answer was no.

Last but not least, I recommend staying in the dorm for first year. Someone is going to bitch about the cost and/or the mandatory meal plan, but the advantage is the social side. The few guys in my class who rented houses or apartments from day one were loners to start and were no farther ahead at grad. You're going to be moving away from home for a couple years; meet people, have some fun out there.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Flight Training”