Help! Android Logbook App wanted

Discuss aviation related software and devices here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

AirAmb250Guy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Help! Android Logbook App wanted

Post by AirAmb250Guy »

Just wondering if anyone has made the switch from LogTen Pro to an Android Logbook app, and if so which one? I'm thinking of trying Safelog, Smart Logbook, mccPilotLog or Zulu Log.

I've got nearly 3000hrs logged in LogTen Pro but am tired of keeping an apple device for the sole purpose of my logbook. I don't need it to GPS track my legs, or time them, or take pictures of the aircraft I've flown that day or any cute features like that. I need it to function and run totals, track currency, etc... and be capable of printing in a TC recognized format. Basically I need a LogTen Pro clone, for Android. Being a standalone app would be nice as well, but if I need to link it to a desktop, I'll live with that.

Anybody have any experience with these 4 programs, particularly if you've also previously used LogTen, and any advice? I believe they can all import a CSV file, so transfer of data shouldn't be too painful. At least here's hoping... I've never tried this before!

Hopefully someone has walked this road before me! Thanks in advance for any pointers...
---------- ADS -----------

jlfd26
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Help! Android Logbook App wanted

Post by jlfd26 »

started using mcc log couple weeks ago and so far works pretty good. The app is not a standalone thing though.

Had to import all my time from a homemade excel spreadsheet and had good help from their support team (needed a couple of emails to have it 100% right). They have a mean to import a file from logten pro.

If you are working for an airline they also have a tool to import your schedule and have it on your device calendar.

The other good thing is you only pay once. (it's in euro and the crappy CAD doesn't help but still not too bad around 100$).

You can even try the PC/Mac software completely free with 100% support from the help desk (they usually have an answer within 2 days)

badmash
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Help! Android Logbook App wanted

Post by badmash »

Try myflightbook. Works pretty well for the totals!

Return to “Aviation Software & Devices”