Fighter simulator Anaheim CA

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Captain S itmagnet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Fighter simulator Anaheim CA

Post by Captain S itmagnet »

Www.flightdeck1.com/fighter-jets

Has anyone tried this? Any good ?
21000 hours flying passengers in a straight line so this would definitely be different.
Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Fighter simulator Anaheim CA

Post by co-joe »

That looks like fun.

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

I did the one they used to have at YYC, it had limited motion and was pretty fun. This one might be extra fun if you brought a group.

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

I did something very similar in Brattforsheden Sweden. There, at a very nice museum airfield, they maintain operational the original Swedish airforce Saab Viggin training simulator. I was dressed in a G suit, asked my flying experience, given a 5 minute briefing on flying it (It's very easy to fly), and off I went. What a lot of fun that was! As you pull G, the G suit presses your legs, so you really feel it. I flew a few gun and rocket passes, a little supersonic, then a few circuits. Not an easy place to get to, but it sure is worth the effort when you do!

Captain S itmagnet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Captain S itmagnet »

Well I tried it. For the modest fee of $99 US I was entertained for three hours.
The simulator is not full motion, and the program is designed for the non flyer. Basically Microsoft Flight Simulator but on a screen about 6'x8' in front of you. You get to dogfight seven other participants, and on second session attempt a carrier landing.
Was it worth it ? I would say yes. Was it fun? Defintely yes. Probably more fun if you had a few friends you could trash talk via the intercoms and brag to afterwards. Does it make me a fighter pilot? No, but a neat change of pace from driving passengers around straight and level for the past 30 years.
Recommended for kids and big kids, and those like me who refuse to grow up.

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

That's be fun if you have some friends to bring with you.

Kejidog
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Kejidog »

At the Air and Space museum in San Diego. My kids and I spent a whole afternoon playing in these bad boys.

http://sandiegoairandspace.org/newslett ... experience

The FS2000 Two-Seat Max Flight Simulator is part of a sleek squadron of indoor full-motion multi-role aircraft rides. Each is poised for the sharp banks, sky loops and screaming dives of pulse-pounding aerial combat and is completely controlled by the pilots themselves! The 360-degree pitch, roll, spin and spiral action is real while riders fly any one of Max-Flight’s combat and flight training programs on a huge 58” screen in the cockpit.
Faster, sharper and more exciting than any indoor thrill-ride on the market, the FS2000 lets you be pilot or gunner or both as you engage in interactive dog fighting, carrier landings, flight training, aerobatic maneuvers, roller coasters – and even a thrilling trip to the bottom of the Bermuda Triangle -- with the finest, most realistic graphics available. You must be at least 44 inches tall to be able to go on the Interactive Ride.

not as pricy as the ones above and believable full motion

Return to “General Comments”