Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

ersonar
Rank 0
Rank 0

Nolinor

Post by ersonar »

Hi Everybody,
Just to know if anyone would know the working condition at Nolinor for a F/O Boeing 737-200/300 (day flights, hours etc...) and the salary?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

B737classic
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Nolinor

Post by B737classic »

Hey,

Gotta say that if you're the right type of person, then the company is great to work for. F/O salary starts mid 50s. Schedule varies depending on if it's busy or not, but you usually work 1-3 days a week. Every few months you go to Yellowknife for a 2 week rotation, flying to the local diamond mines. But you can always ask to go more or less.

Since it's a charter company the type of flights can vary from full passenger flights in high density airports in the states, to ice strip runways in the north.

Annual flight time is around 700 a year more or less.

Overall it's a great place that comes with a lot of great experience. Just keep in mind that since it's a charter company, who's bread and butter is the mines, be prepared for a little manual labour, cold weather, and a less stable schedule than Air Can.

ersonar
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ersonar »

Thank you for the reply.
Happy Landing,

FishermanIvan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FishermanIvan »

To bump an old topic, any ideas what the hiring requirements are there these days? I take it French is an asset in helping getting hired?

TheRealMcCoy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TheRealMcCoy »

FishermanIvan wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:55 pm To bump an old topic, any ideas what the hiring requirements are there these days? I take it French is an asset in helping getting hired?
I have yet to hear a clear and concise non accented radio transmission from Nolinor.

FishermanIvan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FishermanIvan »

TheRealMcCoy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:11 pm
FishermanIvan wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:55 pm To bump an old topic, any ideas what the hiring requirements are there these days? I take it French is an asset in helping getting hired?
I have yet to hear a clear and concise non accented radio transmission from Nolinor.
Haha well English is my first language, but I do speak French.... so I guess my radio calls would be fine!

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

I never worked for them. But careful now, I have bumped into more than a few people who dumped the job and did not have good things to say, who chose to work for my previous employers. For the same or less pay.
My information is dated, so who knows, maybe it got better.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”