New hire bids

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, sky's the limit, sepia, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 846
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:31 am

Re: New hire bids

Post by av8ts »

HansDietrich wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:16 am
Bajan Pilot wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:53 pm "My plan if possible would be to get on the Q400 at another base and go to YYZ if not offered in YYZ"

You would have to be awarded the Q4 in the 1st. place, otherwise you are frozen on type for 3 years [or at least that is how it used to be]. Always pick your best base 1st. the equip can come later.

I disagree 100%. Pick the plane you want, because the base will come way quicker than the plane. (Except YYZ RJ)...
That’s right. Your froze on the plane not the base
---------- ADS -----------
 
mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2325
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:11 am
Location: Manitoba

Re: New hire bids

Post by mbav8r »

The “freeze” only applies to your position, if you can hold Captain on any equipment at any base you will be able to bid it.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 453
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:33 am

Re: New hire bids

Post by HansDietrich »

mbav8r wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:54 am The “freeze” only applies to your position, if you can hold Captain on any equipment at any base you will be able to bid it.
That's correct. But the reality of it is that the Classic Dash is still the most junior "Left Seat" at Jazz, so flying right seat on the Classic, getting left seat on the RJ is not very realistic, not to mention "less than ideal". I'm actually surprised Jazz (theoretically) allows someone with no jet experience to go left seat on a plane they have never flown. You could be a Seneca student, spend 3 years on the right seat of a Dash 8, get your PIC some way or another to get your AAs signed off and then theoretically upgrade to left seat RJ
---------- ADS -----------
 
Das ist mir wurst...
rudder
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2597
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:10 pm

Re: New hire bids

Post by rudder »

HansDietrich wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:23 am I'm actually surprised Jazz (theoretically) allows someone with no jet experience to go left seat on a plane they have never flown. You could be a Seneca student, spend 3 years on the right seat of a Dash 8, get your PIC some way or another to get your AAs signed off and then theoretically upgrade to left seat RJ
It has happened.

In the middle 1990’s AC laid off pilots that were hired late 1980’s. Many of these pilots were second officers at AC and prior to that had no jet time or no command time over 12,500 lbs.

After the layoff, many came back as CRJ Captains.

Not ideal, but it happens. The result could be 2 pilots up front with as little as a grand total of 100 hours of combined jet experience (all accumulated under supervision).
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 835
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:34 pm
Location: Alberta

Re: New hire bids

Post by KenoraPilot »

Guess its slowing down, rumour is 12 people per month now. Only 1 GS a month till Dec 2018.....but again who knows may always change, and again rumours.....
---------- ADS -----------
 
timeflies
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:41 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: New hire bids

Post by timeflies »

KenoraPilot wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:43 pm Guess its slowing down, rumour is 12 people per month now. Only 1 GS a month till Dec 2018.....but again who knows may always change, and again rumours.....


I know for a fact that until now (april included) it'S 2GS per month 12 people each
---------- ADS -----------
 
Bajan Pilot
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:07 am

Re: New hire bids

Post by Bajan Pilot »

rudder wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:08 am
HansDietrich wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:23 am I'm actually surprised Jazz (theoretically) allows someone with no jet experience to go left seat on a plane they have never flown. You could be a Seneca student, spend 3 years on the right seat of a Dash 8, get your PIC some way or another to get your AAs signed off and then theoretically upgrade to left seat RJ
It has happened.

In the middle 1990’s AC laid off pilots that were hired late 1980’s. Many of these pilots were second officers at AC and prior to that had no jet time or no command time over 12,500 lbs.

After the layoff, many came back as CRJ Captains.

Not ideal, but it happens. The result could be 2 pilots up front with as little as a grand total of 100 hours of combined jet experience (all accumulated under supervision).
Not quite correct. Jazz, or Air Ontario as it was at the time, did not have CRJ's during the period you mentioned.
---------- ADS -----------
 
rudder
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2597
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:10 pm

Re: New hire bids

Post by rudder »

Bajan Pilot wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:29 am
rudder wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:08 am
HansDietrich wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:23 am I'm actually surprised Jazz (theoretically) allows someone with no jet experience to go left seat on a plane they have never flown. You could be a Seneca student, spend 3 years on the right seat of a Dash 8, get your PIC some way or another to get your AAs signed off and then theoretically upgrade to left seat RJ
It has happened.

In the middle 1990’s AC laid off pilots that were hired late 1980’s. Many of these pilots were second officers at AC and prior to that had no jet time or no command time over 12,500 lbs.

After the layoff, many came back as CRJ Captains.

Not ideal, but it happens. The result could be 2 pilots up front with as little as a grand total of 100 hours of combined jet experience (all accumulated under supervision).
Not quite correct. Jazz, or Air Ontario as it was at the time, did not have CRJ's during the period you mentioned.
I wasn’t talking about Jazz. I was talking about AC in 1995 when the CRJ’s first arrived. AC did not have any minimum experience requirements for left seat in the CRJ. Seniority and licence was all that was required to attempt upgrade.

As for Jazz, both SKY and GGN have minimum experience requirements for the left seat of a jet. Jazz does not. Seniority and licence for upgrade opportunity.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:08 pm
Location: YEE 220 @ 4

Re: New hire bids

Post by Canoehead »

timeflies wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:33 pm
KenoraPilot wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:43 pm Guess its slowing down, rumour is 12 people per month now. Only 1 GS a month till Dec 2018.....but again who knows may always change, and again rumours.....


I know for a fact that until now (april included) it'S 2GS per month 12 people each
Check your facts...
---------- ADS -----------
 
timeflies
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:41 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: New hire bids

Post by timeflies »

Canoehead wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:00 pm
timeflies wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:33 pm
KenoraPilot wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:43 pm Guess its slowing down, rumour is 12 people per month now. Only 1 GS a month till Dec 2018.....but again who knows may always change, and again rumours.....


I know for a fact that until now (april included) it'S 2GS per month 12 people each
Check your facts...
Facts are GS the 9 of April and another one the 23rd. Go check yours now
---------- ADS -----------
 
skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:46 am

Re: New hire bids

Post by skypirate88 »

timeflies wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:46 am
Canoehead wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:00 pm
timeflies wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:33 pm



I know for a fact that until now (april included) it'S 2GS per month 12 people each
Check your facts...
Facts are GS the 9 of April and another one the 23rd. Go check yours now
And the one on March 26 had 4 on course.
---------- ADS -----------
 
A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
User avatar
Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:08 pm
Location: YEE 220 @ 4

Re: New hire bids

Post by Canoehead »

That is correct SkyPirate. And beyond that timeflies is still not completely accurate... not that it matters.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 5082
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:26 pm
Location: On Borrowed Wings

Re: New hire bids

Post by Rowdy »

skypirate88 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:30 am
timeflies wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:46 am
Canoehead wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:00 pm

Check your facts...
Facts are GS the 9 of April and another one the 23rd. Go check yours now
And the one on March 26 had 4 on course.
Because they’re finally running out of applicants.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Woodkid
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:39 am

Re: New hire bids

Post by Woodkid »

Hi guys I would like to know how long it takes after all the process with the medical examination and the background check to get a response from Jazz ?
Thanks
---------- ADS -----------
 
mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:04 pm

Re: New hire bids

Post by mixturerich »

Rowdy wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:06 am
skypirate88 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:30 am
timeflies wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:46 am

Facts are GS the 9 of April and another one the 23rd. Go check yours now
And the one on March 26 had 4 on course.
Because they’re finally running out of applicants.
This is absolutely not true. It’s based on personnel requirements.
---------- ADS -----------
 
dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 7:38 am

Re: New hire bids

Post by dhc# »

Out of curiosity, how do the 4 Jazz pilot bases break down in terms of # of pilots at each ? And which bases have the largest # of RJs, or Q400s or Dash Classics at each ?
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 835
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:34 pm
Location: Alberta

Re: New hire bids

Post by KenoraPilot »

dhc# wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 1:49 pm Out of curiosity, how do the 4 Jazz pilot bases break down in terms of # of pilots at each ? And which bases have the largest # of RJs, or Q400s or Dash Classics at each ?
All numbers subject to change as base movement, upgrades & reductions are still on going from the Jan 2018 Bid:
Planes and # of pilots are changing it seems every 6 months on the bids.....seem the company is trying to "shake things up" I believe (IMO)
Also numbers are rough ball park.....and that's total pilots on type per base


YUL DH8: 140
YUL Q: 90
YUL RJ: 150

YYZ DH8: 130
YYZ Q: 210

YYC DH8: 75
YYC Q: 150
YYC RJ: 100

YVR DH8: 120
YVR Q: 90
YVR RJ: 160
---------- ADS -----------
 
dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 7:38 am

Re: New hire bids

Post by dhc# »

Awesome....Thanks ! :D
---------- ADS -----------
 
PostmasterGeneral
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 596
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:50 pm

Re: New hire bids

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

Rowdy wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:06 am
skypirate88 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:30 am
timeflies wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:46 am

Facts are GS the 9 of April and another one the 23rd. Go check yours now
And the one on March 26 had 4 on course.
Because they’re finally running out of applicants.
Rowdy don’t you work at Jazz? You should know we’re very overstaffed right now, especially with the Voyageur LOA being announced.

It’s not a case of running out of applicants.
---------- ADS -----------
 
nwopilot
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:05 pm

Re: New hire bids

Post by nwopilot »

What is this Vouyager LOA?? This sounds interesting! Details!

Also what have the new hire bids been like recently?
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”