WJ Scab List

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

AnotherUselessPilot
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:52 pm

WJ Scab List

Post by AnotherUselessPilot » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:28 am

Back in the U.S. in the 80's and 90's, when airline pilots jumped the queue and applied to airlines while their pilots were undergoing a labour dispute, they were called "scabs".
There is one such list of 6,000 individuals who took advantage of an ongoing labour dispute to further their own careers, and in the process, undercut their colleagues (google "US Master Pilot Scab List").
This list was put together by American pilot unions.

I'm wondering if ALPA will look into maintaining a list for those who jump the queue to WO?
Thoughts?

Note: this is different from the "black list". This list would be publicly accessible and include the full name, seniority #, DOB, etc. of all SCABS.
---------- ADS -----------
  

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator
Posts: 5341
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Straight outta Dundarave...

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by North Shore » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:21 pm

AnotherUselessPilot wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:28 am
This list would be publicly accessible and include the full name, seniority #, DOB, etc. of all SCABS.

Better make damn good and sure you've got the right guy/gal on that list....if I were to show up, incorrectly, there'd be lawsuits a-flyin'.....
---------- ADS -----------
  
Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.

PNC
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:57 am

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by PNC » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:46 pm

And I was always told there were no stupid questions....the whole concept is disgusting. Some entity assuming they have the correct person to persecute. Is the ALPA headquarters in Salem?
---------- ADS -----------
  

Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 434
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by Oxi » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:18 pm

---------- ADS -----------
  

AvifiskAlly
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:42 pm

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by AvifiskAlly » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:23 pm

AnotherUselessPilot wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:28 am
Back in the U.S. in the 80's and 90's, when airline pilots jumped the queue and applied to airlines while their pilots were undergoing a labour dispute, they were called "scabs".
There is one such list of 6,000 individuals who took advantage of an ongoing labour dispute to further their own careers, and in the process, undercut their colleagues (google "US Master Pilot Scab List").
This list was put together by American pilot unions.

I'm wondering if ALPA will look into maintaining a list for those who jump the queue to WO?
Thoughts?

Note: this is different from the "black list". This list would be publicly accessible and include the full name, seniority #, DOB, etc. of all SCABS.
And what would that do? Alpa does not hire pilots and the companies don’t give a crap. Not to mention if we emptied the cockpit of all the current airlines of all the pilots that “scabbed” not many pilots over 45 would be flying; one way or another throughout our long careers we have all been accused all while just doing our jobs. Lot of the young guys forget the number of picket lines we have seen in the past 25 years.

If you want the job take it if you don’t just mind your own business and let the guys that want to work do so.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:06 pm
Location: The haunted corners of familiar rooms

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by Boreas » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:37 pm

AvifiskAlly wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:23 pm
AnotherUselessPilot wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:28 am
Back in the U.S. in the 80's and 90's, when airline pilots jumped the queue and applied to airlines while their pilots were undergoing a labour dispute, they were called "scabs".
There is one such list of 6,000 individuals who took advantage of an ongoing labour dispute to further their own careers, and in the process, undercut their colleagues (google "US Master Pilot Scab List").
This list was put together by American pilot unions.

I'm wondering if ALPA will look into maintaining a list for those who jump the queue to WO?
Thoughts?

Note: this is different from the "black list". This list would be publicly accessible and include the full name, seniority #, DOB, etc. of all SCABS.
And what would that do? Alpa does not hire pilots and the companies don’t give a crap. Not to mention if we emptied the cockpit of all the current airlines of all the pilots that “scabbed” not many pilots over 45 would be flying; one way or another throughout our long careers we have all been accused all while just doing our jobs. Lot of the young guys forget the number of picket lines we have seen in the past 25 years.

If you want the job take it if you don’t just mind your own business and let the guys that want to work do so.
Publicly shame people. It might actually make same of them think twice about what they're doing.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
saltypilot
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:56 am

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by saltypilot » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:19 pm

Pretty simple really. No list required. If the listed Swoop DOH is prior to a WJ CBA then you’re a SCAB plain and simple. We don’t need a list to know who they are.
---------- ADS -----------
  

AvifiskAlly
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:42 pm

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by AvifiskAlly » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:08 pm

Boreas wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:37 pm
[quote=AvifiskAlly post_id=<a href="tel:1035326">1035326</a> time=<a href="tel:1522531411">1522531411</a> user_id=57633]
[quote=AnotherUselessPilot post_id=<a href="tel:1035308">1035308</a> time=<a href="tel:1522520916">1522520916</a> user_id=58101]
Back in the U.S. in the 80's and 90's, when airline pilots jumped the queue and applied to airlines while their pilots were undergoing a labour dispute, they were called "scabs".
There is one such list of 6,000 individuals who took advantage of an ongoing labour dispute to further their own careers, and in the process, undercut their colleagues (google "US Master Pilot Scab List").
This list was put together by American pilot unions.

I'm wondering if ALPA will look into maintaining a list for those who jump the queue to WO?
Thoughts?

Note: this is different from the "black list". This list would be publicly accessible and include the full name, seniority #, DOB, etc. of all SCABS.
And what would that do? Alpa does not hire pilots and the companies don’t give a crap. Not to mention if we emptied the cockpit of all the current airlines of all the pilots that “scabbed” not many pilots over 45 would be flying; one way or another throughout our long careers we have all been accused all while just doing our jobs. Lot of the young guys forget the number of picket lines we have seen in the past 25 years.

If you want the job take it if you don’t just mind your own business and let the guys that want to work do so.
[/quote]Publicly shame people. It might actually make same of them think twice about what they're doing.
[/quote]
Boreas wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:37 pm
AvifiskAlly wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:23 pm
AnotherUselessPilot wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:28 am
Back in the U.S. in the 80's and 90's, when airline pilots jumped the queue and applied to airlines while their pilots were undergoing a labour dispute, they were called "scabs".
There is one such list of 6,000 individuals who took advantage of an ongoing labour dispute to further their own careers, and in the process, undercut their colleagues (google "US Master Pilot Scab List").
This list was put together by American pilot unions.

I'm wondering if ALPA will look into maintaining a list for those who jump the queue to WO?
Thoughts?

Note: this is different from the "black list". This list would be publicly accessible and include the full name, seniority #, DOB, etc. of all SCABS.
And what would that do? Alpa does not hire pilots and the companies don’t give a crap. Not to mention if we emptied the cockpit of all the current airlines of all the pilots that “scabbed” not many pilots over 45 would be flying; one way or another throughout our long careers we have all been accused all while just doing our jobs. Lot of the young guys forget the number of picket lines we have seen in the past 25 years.

If you want the job take it if you don’t just mind your own business and let the guys that want to work do so.
Publicly shame people. It might actually make same of them think twice about what they're doing.

Get a life. Who gives a rats a$$ what a group of crybabies put on a list. The shamed should be those that create a list. Having said that, I agree with the other poster. Great way to make some lawyers happy. I’d dare you to put some names on a list and have the pilot claim that it cost him career opportunity. Don’t be a dip$it.
---------- ADS -----------
  

AvifiskAlly
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:42 pm

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by AvifiskAlly » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:28 pm

saltypilot wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:19 pm
Pretty simple really. No list required. If the listed Swoop DOH is prior to a WJ CBA then you’re a SCAB plain and simple. We don’t need a list to know who they are.
So. And what? Who cares.
---------- ADS -----------
  

montado
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:13 pm

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by montado » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:52 pm

ALPA gets to make the seniority list for Jet, Encore and Swoop.

You only have Scabs is if you make up a list that allows scabs. Be sure every OTS hire is behind every Jet and Encore pilot in house today. If any Encore or Jet pilots are trying to jump the line for an upgrade at swoop, penalize their seniority. Should all work out in the end. No one will give up years of service to fly at swoop will they? Your not a Scab if you forfeit YOS and forever sit bottom of the pilot list for schedule and vacation.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
saltypilot
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:56 am

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by saltypilot » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:12 pm

AvifiskAlly wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:28 pm
saltypilot wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:19 pm
Pretty simple really. No list required. If the listed Swoop DOH is prior to a WJ CBA then you’re a SCAB plain and simple. We don’t need a list to know who they are.
So. And what? Who cares.
So there’s no need for a list. It’s quite apparent someone cares or this thread wouldn’t be striking such a nerve. Little too close to home base?
---------- ADS -----------
  

Tacoma
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:58 pm

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by Tacoma » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:27 pm

April 4 search SWOOP on westnet. Theres already a list of staffers. Pictures uploaded within a day or two. Tell your friends.
---------- ADS -----------
  

AnotherUselessPilot
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:52 pm

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by AnotherUselessPilot » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:02 pm

Tacoma wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:27 pm
April 4 search SWOOP on westnet. Theres already a list of staffers. Pictures uploaded within a day or two. Tell your friends.
I'm not actually at WJ but I would like to know the list.

Let's find out who the scabs are. Do not let a scab in your jump seat. Do not befriend a scab.
Tell every scab you find how you feel about the self serving individuals who interfere with ongoing labour disputes between airlines and their pilots.
If you are in any sort of management role, do not hire a scab.
Lets make it known to all pilots that this behavior will not be tolerated.
---------- ADS -----------
  

RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:21 am

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by RidersRule » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:23 pm

I can guarantee there will not be any "Swoopsters" in my jumpseat.

FACT
---------- ADS -----------
  

PNC
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:57 am

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by PNC » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:24 pm

Why do you care, your not a WJ, why is it your business
---------- ADS -----------
  

Jumbo744
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:32 am

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by Jumbo744 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:09 am

Useless pilot, go on vacations, get some fresh air, get some sun, get laid and come back. Then maybe you will realize how stupid and ridiculous you sound.
---------- ADS -----------
  

pilotidentity
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:00 am

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by pilotidentity » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:30 am

You work at an airline that started up with scab type pilots, lowering the bar for all... No problems hiring more scab types at Encore, those seats are filled. Now you are upset about Swoop? Ha ha. Not many pilots out there in Canada that didn't scab themselves out at some point in their career... Take a look in the mirror :). My apologies to the few that have always worked at classy companies that pay fairly.
---------- ADS -----------
  

mmm..bacon
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:19 pm

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by mmm..bacon » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:24 am

pilotidentity wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:30 am
You work at an airline that started up with scab type pilots, lowering the bar for all... No problems hiring more scab types at Encore, those seats are filled. Now you are upset about Swoop? Ha ha. Not many pilots out there in Canada that didn't scab themselves out at some point in their career... Take a look in the mirror :). My apologies to the few that have always worked at classy companies that pay fairly.
This ^ is the part that I don't get.. AC and CDN are going toe-to-toe, WJ comes along with a leaner cost structure (Including *way* lower wages,) puts the final nail in the CP coffin, and deals AC an almost fatal blow. 15 years later they start up a subsidiary with the wage goal being 85% of 'standard'. Now, when it's done to them, it's all tears, 'stand fast for the profession!', and scabs?

How many of you guys use Uber? Shop online vs bricks-and-mortar?
We all do it, and probably don't think of the effect on other people. So why is this any different? People are going to take a job that works - for whatever reason - for them in their situation. Bread on the table, and roof over your head trumps some hazy notion of 'solidarity' every single time, sadly...
---------- ADS -----------
  
Happiness is V1 at YTH!

AvifiskAlly
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:42 pm

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by AvifiskAlly » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:29 am

AnotherUselessPilot wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:02 pm
Tacoma wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:27 pm
April 4 search SWOOP on westnet. Theres already a list of staffers. Pictures uploaded within a day or two. Tell your friends.
I'm not actually at WJ but I would like to know the list.

Let's find out who the scabs are. Do not let a scab in your jump seat. Do not befriend a scab.
Tell every scab you find how you feel about the self serving individuals who interfere with ongoing labour disputes between airlines and their pilots.
If you are in any sort of management role, do not hire a scab.
Lets make it known to all pilots that this behavior will not be tolerated.
Oh ok. Didn’t notice the Notam making you all mighty. Do what you want and let others do what they want. Everyone has a right to take a job that is free of harassment including from their peers.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
telex
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:05 pm

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by telex » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:34 am

Westnet.

Names are there.

Do it.
---------- ADS -----------
  

atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 462
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:01 pm

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by atphat » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:38 am

telex wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:34 am
Westnet.

Names are there.

Do it.
That is a very very bad idea.
---------- ADS -----------
  

altiplano
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3618
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:24 pm

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by altiplano » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:10 am

The thing that a lot of people seem to either miss or be willing to overlook is that swoop isn't an 'uber' or 'amazon' or 'westjet'...

Those were new companies that came along and competed with or disrupted the status quo, swoop is an existing company - westjet - attempting to whipsaw and diminish and marginalise it's current staff.
---------- ADS -----------
  

PNC
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:57 am

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by PNC » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:38 am

So thats a reason to publish names? Because YOU feel your in the right?
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
telex
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:05 pm

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by telex » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:39 am

So you support the scabs?

Does that make you a scab?
atphat wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:38 am
telex wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:34 am
Westnet.

Names are there.

Do it.
That is a very very bad idea.
---------- ADS -----------
  

mbav8r
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:11 am
Location: Manitoba

Re: WJ Scab List

Post by mbav8r » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:47 am

What’s the matter PNC, you on that list?
Can’t do the time, don’t do the crime! Some places will publish the names of “Johns” when they get picked up for soliciting a prostitute. In this case the names of the w*^re$ are being published:)
---------- ADS -----------
  

Post Reply

Return to “WestJet”