Huge discouragement

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

ahkhamza
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by ahkhamza »

tsukubacpe wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:36 pm Major Update: Had a phone interview with a 703 operator on Friday. Just received letter of employment!!

Thank you all for the nice words of encouragement. I hope this helps and motivates others on their journey.
Please PM the name of the airline
---------- ADS -----------

Spinwmts
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Spinwmts »

still have about 50 hours to go to my CPL. Thinking maybe I take a xc to a few of these places right away just to say hi. ah but on the other hand... need to work on my pwr off 180's too ;)

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roadrunnersmother »

Spinwmts wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:17 pm still have about 50 hours to go to my CPL. Thinking maybe I take a xc to a few of these places right away just to say hi. ah but on the other hand... need to work on my pwr off 180's too ;)

It's hard to get in companies. I'm 5000+ hrs and airlines haven't offered me a position.
When airlines aren't hiring, It's hard for newbies to get a job.

jpilot77
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jpilot77 »

Airlines are hiring like crazy right now.

Welcome to Redneck Airlines. We might not get you there but we'll get you close!
Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

jpilot77 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:28 pm Airlines are hiring like crazy right now.
Where? Asia?
I've been applying in Canada with no offers of employment. From Pacific Coastal to EVAS and between there's been very little interest.

Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Diadem »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:43 pm Where? Asia?
I've been applying in Canada with no offers of employment. From Pacific Coastal to EVAS and between there's been very little interest.
I had three offers in the last year, and turned down I think four interviews after I had accepted a position. I'm not far off your TT either, so it's definitely not that you have too much experience.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

Diadem wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:47 pm
Roadrunnersmother wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:43 pm Where? Asia?
I had three offers in the last year, and turned down I think four interviews after I had accepted a position. I'm not far off your TT either, so it's definitely not that you have too much experience.
Correct, it's because Airlines aren't hiring.
Easy to say airlines are hiring if you haven't actually applied to 10+ like many of us out there have.

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:43 pm
jpilot77 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:28 pm Airlines are hiring like crazy right now.
Where? Asia?
Off EVAS won't interview you with that time there are only 3 possible situations.

1. You are a troll and haven't really applied anywhere
2. Your resume is written absolutely terribly
3. You have made a terrible name for yourself.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

ant_321 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:02 pm
Where? Asia?
Off EVAS won't interview you with that time there are only 3 possible situations.

None of those situations are correct.

EVAS was hiring applicants from India and Mexico last fall, maybe they are more suited for their ops.

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:09 pm

Where? Asia?

EVAS was hiring applicants from India and Mexico last fall, maybe they are more suited for their ops.
I'm quite familiar with the things that are going on at EVAS. Trust me, if you haven't been called with the experience you say you have (unless it's 5000hrs in a 152) it has nothing to do with foreign pilots.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

ant_321 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:23 pm

I'm quite familiar with the things that are going on at EVAS. Trust me, if you haven't been called with the experience you say you have (unless it's 5000hrs in a 152) it has nothing to do with foreign pilots.

I have applied and didn't receive a job offer, you haven't, i'm very familiar with whether they are hiring Canadians or not.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

You need to get a cellphone

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:03 pm

I have applied and didn't receive a job offer, you haven't, i'm very familiar with whether they are hiring Canadians or not.
No i haven't. But I did work there for years and am friends with a good chunk of the pilots there, including the chief pilot. If you actually are serious about your experience and your inability to get hired you need to do some soul searching. From what I gather you haven't been able to get an interview at at least EVAS, ggn and porter. All 3 companies are hiring tons of guys with a fraction of your experience. Somewhere along the line you obviously f***ed up. Either by pissing ppl off or by writing a terrible resume and cover letter.

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

I think you’re being a bit gullible here. This guy has been around for quite sometime singing the same song from different aliases

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

CL-Skadoo! wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:22 pm I think you’re being a bit gullible here. This guy has been around for quite sometime singing the same song from different aliases
Not likely, likely more than me having same issue.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

ant_321 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:20 pm
Roadrunnersmother wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:03 pm

No i haven't. But I did work there for years and am friends with a good chunk of the pilots there, including the chief pilot. If you actually are serious about your experience and your inability to get hired you need to do some soul searching. From what I gather you haven't been able to get an interview at at least EVAS, ggn and porter. All 3 companies are hiring tons of guys with a fraction of your experience. Somewhere along the line you obviously f***ed up. Either by pissing ppl off or by writing a terrible resume and cover letter.
If you say so but you haven't been the one applying to know if they are or any airline is hiring.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:31 pm
CL-Skadoo! wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:22 pm I think you’re being a bit gullible here. This guy has been around for quite sometime singing the same song from different aliases
Why don't you post your resume and converletter? You can remove your personal info, have some other people take a look. Maybe we can figure uit what's wrong.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

digits_ wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:49 pm
Roadrunnersmother wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:31 pm
Why don't you post your resume and converletter? You can remove your personal info, have some other people take a look. Maybe we can figure uit what's wrong.
I paid a couple hundred dollars for Pilot Career Center to produce a Cover Letter and Resume. I suspect it's up to standards.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Roadrunnersmother,
Jazz alone has hired 1000 new pilots in the last 3 years, hours range significantly but I guarantee you with 5000 you would be looked at quite seriously. The fact you have not been interviewed speaks to some other issue.
If you are not trolling and serious about this, PM me and I’ll see if I can help in some way, more details are definitely necessary.

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
Flightpath CP
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Flightpath CP »

Networking is the key. We have hired several sub-300-hour guys. A few directly into jets. These people came with incredible character references, which means more than the logbook to me.

Cheers

Good luck!

Return to “Employment Forum”