How to Really Please Your Flight Instructor

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

RICHARD FORE
Rank 1
Rank 1

How to Really Please Your Flight Instructor

Post by RICHARD FORE »

1) Have lots of money and be ready to spend it. Your instructor probably just spend 50k to get their CPL and Instructor Rating, they need to start paying off their loans now, so be ready to spend all your hard earned money so they can see a small fraction of it.

2) Practice good personal hygiene. You and your instructor are going to be sitting shoulder to shoulder in a plane that can get very hot in the summer. This alone can be uncomfortable, but being beside someone that has bad B.O. can make it a lot worse.

3) Bring them a coffee. If its a busy flight school they're probably work long hours, a $2 coffee can get them to pretend they are not fatigued just long enough to get through your lesson.

4) When solo don't break the plane or get any CADORs. Remember anything you do solo falls back on them, so think twice before you smash your 172 onto the pavement nose gear first or take off without a clearance.

Richard "Dick" Fore

Airline Captain - Class I Flight Instructor - TC Inspector
---------- ADS -----------

Thank you,

RICHARD FORE

Please visit my profile for some great career advancing opportunities!
FL007
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: How to Really Please Your Flight Instructor

Post by FL007 »

RICHARD FORE wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:14 am 1) Have lots of money and be ready to spend it. Your instructor probably just spend 50k to get their CPL and Instructor Rating, they need to start paying off their loans now, so be ready to spend all your hard earned money so they can see a small fraction of it.

2) Practice good personal hygiene. You and your instructor are going to be sitting shoulder to shoulder in a plane that can get very hot in the summer. This alone can be uncomfortable, but being beside someone that has bad B.O. can make it a lot worse.

3) Bring them a coffee. If its a busy flight school they're probably work long hours, a $2 coffee can get them to pretend they are not fatigued just long enough to get through your lesson.

4) When solo don't break the plane or get any CADORs. Remember anything you do solo falls back on them, so think twice before you smash your 172 onto the pavement nose gear first or take off without a clearance.

Richard "Dick" Fore

THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!

Hilarious though, I agree with all this 100%, I'd say the biggest thing is try to be someone that people look forward to working with.

That guy gets hired at jazz last year as bottom of the barrel FO and tries to come on a forum filled with hundreds of successful drivers trying to give career advice?

Fl007/Airline pilot/college graduate/my shiny wings get me girls/author of stupid forum posts/owner of a vehicle

Edelweiss air
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Edelweiss air »

:prayer:
Excellent points, especially the coffee and personal hygiene.

World aerobatic champion x 3 / nasa test pilot/ c152,c172sp,c172rg, dv20, da40,pa44- capt.

matthew.oommen
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by matthew.oommen »

RICHARD FORE wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:14 am 1) Have lots of money and be ready to spend it. Your instructor probably just spend 50k to get their CPL and Instructor Rating, they need to start paying off their loans now, so be ready to spend all your hard earned money so they can see a small fraction of it.

Richard "Dick" Fore

You forgot to add point 5.

5) when you do screw up, always have an answer ready to explain your retardedness. Here’s a good one to fall back on “.........Because I was inverted”

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

I thought this was going to be a thread about best positions in a 150. The Cessna Sutra, if you will.

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

lownslow wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:53 pm I thought this was going to be a thread about best positions in a 150. The Cessna Sutra, if you will.
Your being modest. I thought it was going to be a thread about “hand jobs”.

Shame really...

upnatem
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by upnatem »

TeePeeCreeper wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:27 am
lownslow wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:53 pm I thought this was going to be a thread about best positions in a 150. The Cessna Sutra, if you will.

Shame really...
With the very low percentage of females in aviation, maybe rethink things.

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

Remember anything you do solo falls back on them, so think twice before you smash your 172 onto the pavement nose gear first or take off without a clearance.
And it does fall back on them.

Don't send them solo if they are that incompetent.

pianokeys
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by pianokeys »

upnatem wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:25 pm
TeePeeCreeper wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:27 am

Shame really...
With the very low percentage of females in aviation, maybe rethink things.
Dont knock it until you try it, because you wouldnt want to see a guy stuck.

upnatem
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by upnatem »

pianokeys wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:10 pm Dont knock it until you try it,.....
Yeah, no.

Return to “Flight Training”