200 Hrs CPL getting hired at 703

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

FishermanIvan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: 200 Hrs CPL getting hired at 703

Post by FishermanIvan »

AirDoan wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:26 pm Okay so my point of view may or may not have any merit to anyone. But I'm a new CPL with only a float rating, no group one due to financial restraints and hurdles (and looking for that first job if anyone has a lead they would like to share!). I decided a while ago instruction was not for me. Though it was something that could do I know myself. I love talking about aviation to anyone and everyone as we all do. But I have never been the best at teaching others much more than how to use a cell phone. My financial issues had many causes but one in particular was being paired with an instructor who did not seem overly into helping me attain my goals and I was not able to get another. It's a long story but the point is: if you want to be an instructor great! If your just using it as a stepping stone with no real drive to help the students and only interested in building your own time, please don't. Often students won't know that getting another instructor is an option and in my case wasn't.
Go drive. We could use a float rated guy for a dockhand right now. You'd probably get checked out on the 185 by the end of the season if you're not a complete idiot.

Lots of other places are hurting just the same.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Employment Forum”