Missing airplane on flight from Penticton to Edmonton

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

RatherBeFlying
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Missing airplane on flight from Penticton to Edmonton

Post by RatherBeFlying »

Foxes and wolverines don't hibernate. Emerging bears check out the avalanche chutes. Very few remains of Steve Fossett were found after his wallet turned up on a mountainside a year after he disappeared.

Many other missing aircraft in the BC mountains remain unfound.

That said, the Rogers Pass area has lots of visitation from climbers and hikers. I'd put up notes at the ACC huts and trailheads. July and August are the months when the previous winter's snow cover is largely gone.

DO NOT venture on glaciers and snowfields without training and equipment for glacier travel and crevasse rescue.
---------- ADS -----------

anofly
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by anofly »

how is the snow out there now? anyone looking? news?

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cncpc »

anofly wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:14 pm how is the snow out there now? anyone looking? news?
I believe the family are in the Mabel Lake area organizing renewed searching.

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience often comes from bad judgment.
Cbw
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Cbw »

Hacked.

Last edited by Cbw on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
J31
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by J31 »

Cbw wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:50 pm They are hiding something! NOTHING ADDS UP AT ALL! They have even threatened to harm people if they never stopped trying to help look for plane. I can’t see The military and search and rescue with screwup that bad and search that far from the right area I’m sure technology is more right than an eyewitness
Ah.....what :?: :smt017

Loner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loner »

Cbw wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:50 pm They are hiding something! NOTHING ADDS UP AT ALL! They have even threatened to harm people if they never stopped trying to help look for plane. I can’t see The military and search and rescue with screwup that bad and search that far from the right area I’m sure technology is more right than an eyewitness
Cbw...this is your first post...
Are you okay?
Many of us reading your statement are wondering WTF?!

MrWings
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by MrWings »

Wacky conspiracy theories are directly proportional to grammatical errors.

- MrWings' law

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cncpc »

MrWings wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:49 pm Wacky conspiracy theories are directly proportional to grammatical errors.

- MrWings' law
There is one theory which explains the otherwise incomprehensible behaviour represented by the aircraft's known flight path, and possible path afterwards. Besides just an inexperienced pilot making wrong decisions and showing poor airmanship.

A few people know what that is. Certainly Search and Rescue did. It may not be the truth at all, but there is a basis for that speculation. It is definitely not a wacky conspiracy theory.

Unless a quite experienced pilot standing at the button of 34 at Mabel Lake about 20 minutes before dark was hallucinating, that Mooney passed overhead from the west, proceeded a bit towards what would be left crosswind for 16, then durned to a sort of downwind for 16 and disappeared from sight. At approximately the same time, 2 people about 4 clicks west of the airfield heard what they said sounded like an airplane crash.

At the time, the pilot estimated a ceiling of 700 overcast with 1/2 mile vis.

The families of the two missing people have continued enormous ongoing effort to find their loved ones. Hundreds have come to help them. None of them are involved in any alternate theory or universe. They just trying to find an airplane and hopefully some remains to recover. As far as I know they have an abundance of resolve, and next to no knowledge of how to efficiently and effectively search for an airplane.

The alphabet soup guy who started this up may not have all his facts right, but many people in Mabel Lake feel other people are looking to find the airplane before anyone else. I do understand the RCMP have told people who may have seen the aircraft not to talk to anyone and not to look for it. They say it's in Rogers Pass. Which means the Mabel Lake pilot was making things up. I've spoken to him. Very credible guy.

It is possible that the airplane has already been found. I expect it's within five clicks of Mabel Lake airport. I'd expect a morning with a couple of R44s would find it. There's no evidence that anything other than would normally be found at an 8 month old crash that has overwintered. Lots of talk though.

Cliff Jumper
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Cliff Jumper »

cncpc wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:26 pm It is definitely not a wacky conspiracy theory.
cncpc wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:26 pm I do understand the RCMP have told people who may have seen the aircraft not to talk to anyone and not to look for it.
Wow.

Those two statements can't both be true.

Pick one or the other.

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

SO, what is this theory then?

No point in beating 'round the bush - out with it.

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cncpc »

Cliff Jumper wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:03 pm
cncpc wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:26 pm It is definitely not a wacky conspiracy theory.
cncpc wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:26 pm I do understand the RCMP have told people who may have seen the aircraft not to talk to anyone and not to look for it.
Wow.

Pick one or the other.
I wouldn't have written them if they weren't both true.

anofly
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by anofly »

This thread is getting bizzare. Now we have more than one person saying the RCMP have told folks not to look for the plane?!
and also someone is saying maybe someone has found it already?! and is not saying?!
and someone being threatened for continuing to look for the plane?!
This is almost too weird for me now.
What could possibly be the alternate explanation for an airplane making a series of turns,during a descent, to get below what was a very low ceiling in the rogers pass, on the way home to edmonton....., its pretty normal to try to stay vfr, when you are vfr...
i wish so much they just landed .... and waited out some bad weather...
and if indeed they went back towards mabel lake, how did that happen without a radar path on flightaware etc? and or why did it happen without a radar path. i think they would have had to fly back over revelstoke .
can a cell phone "see its way" from mabel lake to the 10 ish pm cell pings that the towers "heard" east of revelstoke?

Brock_Landers
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Brock_Landers »

Intrigued... following

Cliff Jumper
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Cliff Jumper »

cncpc wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:30 pm
Wow.

Pick one or the other.
You are suggesting that the police, as a whole, are engaging in a cover-up. That is a wacky conspiracy theory, full stop.

█████
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by █████ »

The family has requested privacy during this difficult time.

Hockaloogie
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Hockaloogie »

He is suggesting: a) There is something very valuable in that Mooney and b) The police would like to get their hands on whatever it is before someone from the general public does.

Loner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loner »

█████ wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:07 pm The family has requested privacy during this difficult time.
What’s going on? Why is the username covered? When looking at his/her post history most of the text has been censured
Is this a Hitchcock’s movie or what?!

Brock_Landers
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Brock_Landers »

Hockaloogie wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:15 pm He is suggesting: a) There is something very valuable in that Mooney and b) The police would like to get their hands on whatever it is before someone from the general public does.
Drugs maybe?
Loner wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:26 pm [quote=█████ post_id=<a href="tel:1048675">1048675</a> time=<a href="tel:1533960435">1533960435</a> user_id=32260]
The family has requested privacy during this difficult time.
What’s going on? Why is the username covered? When looking at his/her post history most of the text has been censured
Is this a Hitchcock’s movie or what?!
[/quote]

Yeah this is getting way weird. I love it!

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cncpc »

Cliff Jumper wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:48 pm
cncpc wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:30 pm

Wow.

Pick one or the other.
You are suggesting that the police, as a whole, are engaging in a cover-up. That is a wacky conspiracy theory, full stop.
No, it isn't a wacky conspiracy theory. Mainly because that's not what I am suggesting. I'm not suggesting anything. I merely stated that there is some substance to what that CWB or whatever his nick was said to start all of this.

An airplane is missing. Two people are missing. At a minimum it is a missing persons case. It's a very sad case. Wait until they find the aircraft, if they do. All that is for sure is that it is missing.

Cliff Jumper
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Cliff Jumper »

cncpc wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:04 pm I'm not suggesting anything.
You are correct, you are not suggesting it, you are stating it clearly.
That statement alone is a wacky conspiracy, no further info required.

wack·y
ˈwakē
adjective
funny or amusing in a slightly odd or peculiar way.

con·spir·a·cy
kənˈspirəsē
noun
a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.

The dictionary then quotes your exact statement, word for word as an example.

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”