Trenton Flyover

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

avcraig
Rank 1
Rank 1

Trenton Flyover

Post by avcraig »

Hey all,

As I'm looking through my VNC I don't see any kind of indication of CFB Trenton being Class F Restricted or Advisory airspace (as I thought all CFB were), so if I were planning a flight to Kingston with overflight of the northern part of the Class D Control Zone of Trenton, what other procedures or steps would I need to make prior to doing so...if I even need to? I see in the CFS that it says GA flights need to give 7 days notice except for Emerg. and Medevec flights...is this to land there, or fly over, or both?

Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

Blakey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Trenton Flyover

Post by Blakey »

The 7 days is for PPR to land there. For overflights, it is just Class D airspace like any other. They usually want you to follow one of the VFR transit routes that are listed in the CFS so that is how they will clear you through the zone. (Via Frankford to the North and via Consecon to the South.) This time of year there is extensive gliding at the Mountain View airport as well and they will ask that you remain clear of that by 3 miles. Other than that, things are very straight forward. If traffic permits and if you really want to, they will even clear you for a low approach along the runway. Lots of interesting planes parked there! Just don't touch down without a PPR; that would be expensive.
---------- ADS -----------

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you!

Return to “Flight Training”