YYZ Assessments Dec 11-13, 2017

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

vinblastine
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: YYZ Assessments Dec 11-13, 2017

Post by vinblastine »

Got the testing notice for next week. It seems like we got pushed into the new kind of testing.
---------- ADS -----------

SZL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SZL »

Got the email today too. I'm going October 1. Good luck everyone.

xpoy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by xpoy »

Glad to see others got it
Im going next Tuesday
GLTA

.TODA.
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by .TODA. »

Good morning friends

I’m guessing they’re creating a special training session for us Dec 2017 Assessment writers for Dec 2018. We just have to write the new exam to qualify. I’m writing next week. It was short notice, but it sure is nice to hear from them. GLTA and I hope to see you on course.

TODA

tiramisu
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tiramisu »

I signed up for Oct 5 on the doodle. Can anyone provide insight on the test format? Will there be any interviews or is it strictly testing?

djun
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by djun »

Did you go through your 1st phone and/or 2nd in-person interview? Or does it appear to be those who had just recently done the written assessment?

.TODA.
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by .TODA. »

I believe this is for those who’ve done the old style assessment, and had their phone interview. Anyone who’s not in that category let us know. Also, of those who registered on the doodle, did anyone recieve confirmation of completion?

Toda

SZL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SZL »

Hey guys. I never did any written assessment prior to this. Only the initial online assessment. I understand there have been some changes that took place in the intake process recently so I'm not 100% of those differences.

I signed up on the doodle app. Before I went to bed last night, it showed that I was signed up for October 1st along with 40+ others. Today I went to sign in because I was curious to see how many others have signed up for the same time since. I am actually unable to find my information at this time. Does this mean we have chosen a day that we will attend or are we only voting to see which day we prefer? They keep referring to it as a poll so I am not certain of the verbage lol.

I don't want to accidentally not be registered as the email was explicit that the slots will be on a first come, first serve basis. Thanks to anyone with any additional insight.

xpoy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by xpoy »

I signed up on Doodle as well and got no confirmation so I emailed Olivia the person that sent me the invite to confirm.
She confirmed my spot for next week so I suggest if you're unsure then email the person back. They seemed pretty quick on the response (replied next day).

X

SZL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SZL »

Thanks @xpoy for the suggestion. I will be sending out an email right away.

vinblastine
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vinblastine »

I'm writing Tuesday as well!

Does anyone have any insight as to what it will be about? (I should probably check the other forums)

xpoy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by xpoy »

Are you really writing on Tuesday cause I got an email asking me to change dates from Olivia. I'm now writing on Monday
I'll try my best to share the outline of the day here

vinblastine
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vinblastine »

I was going to post to let you know they canceled Tuesday but I guess you already knew. I didn't receive any email and had to email them. I'll probably write Thursday but I have to check with my boss. Ugh.

xpoy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by xpoy »

Just finished the day
It's a lot harder
The morning is similar to the written assessment with similar tests.afternoon you have simulations. Its difficult to explain plus I don't think I can diverge much more from the consent that I signed.
There definitely is no way to prepare for this.
Wish I could help you all out more.

vinblastine
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vinblastine »

Oh boy, now I'm nervous... :shock:

Thanks for the info though!

.TODA.
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by .TODA. »

Thank you for sharing Xpoy, and so soon after the exam.
Much appreciated by all of us indeed.
Good Luck to everyone writing, I sincerely wish those that want it badly great success.

Toda

tiramisu
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tiramisu »

xpoy wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:00 pm Just finished the day
It's a lot harder
The morning is similar to the written assessment with similar tests.afternoon you have simulations. Its difficult to explain plus I don't think I can diverge much more from the consent that I signed.
Can you expand what you mean by written assessment? I've only done the online assessment. Are you referring to that one?

Thanks!

.TODA.
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by .TODA. »

Tiramisu

He is referring to the old style assessment most of us on this thread have gone through last Dec 11-13. It was the old way of testing. Then in April NC came out with a new style of assessment, essentially putting us in limbo, as a new batch this April went through leaving us behind. Miraculously we have been contacted recently and invited to participate in the new style of assessment occuring now. The fact that you wrote just the quick online test and now invited for this assessment is proof in action that NC is trying to speed up the selection process. Hope that answers your question

Toda

SZL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SZL »

xpoy wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:00 pm Just finished the day
It's a lot harder
Thanks for sharing what you can. Obviously, they want to maintain the integrity of the selection process so I guess you can’t tell us much. You said it was harder than you expected but was there anything that surprised you? Any idea when the next course offerings will be? Just wondering if they spoke to that at all. How many people were in your testing session? And did they talk about how the selection process will go? Sorry for all the questions. This is my first crack at this. I’m hoping to stream IFR. Hope you did well and good luck to those yet to write. I’m going in Oct 1!

tiramisu
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tiramisu »

.TODA. wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:48 pm Tiramisu

He is referring to the old style assessment most of us on this thread have gone through last Dec 11-13. It was the old way of testing. Then in April NC came out with a new style of assessment, essentially putting us in limbo, as a new batch this April went through leaving us behind. Miraculously we have been contacted recently and invited to participate in the new style of assessment occuring now. The fact that you wrote just the quick online test and now invited for this assessment is proof in action that NC is trying to speed up the selection process. Hope that answers your question

Toda
Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it. Can you or anyone provide any insight on what the old assessment is like?

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”