London Air Services 2018

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

bigrig
Rank 0
Rank 0

London Air Services 2018

Post by bigrig »

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is any recent info on London Air, in particular how the company has been since the sale a couple years back. Any changes as compared to what previous posts have said about the company? Salary still unchanged?

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: London Air Services 2018

Post by wallypilot »

It never got sold. Per diems went up to a reasonable level. I think starting salary hasn’t changed much...entry level is Lear 75 FO...i think 55k maybe? They have an overtime pay policy now which the guys seem to be in favor of. Generally speaking, great equipment to fly, good youngish group run the flight ops, and a pretty good place to start and hang your hat for a while, or even stay for a career if you like the biz jet world.

CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CAL »

Any idea what a captain is making?

Phlyer
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Phlyer »

I was told 70 for captain but that was a few years ago.
Hope it's gone up a lot since then.

CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CAL »

ouch.....especially in SW BC
whats that about $53,000 (used a calculator)

bigrig
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by bigrig »

Thanks for the replies, I imagine the 3 year bond is unchanged?

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

Lear capt 80k I think.

Agreed, it’s not industry top pay. But it’s a good place to work. If you don’t have a burning desire to be in Vancouver though, don’t bother. Most folks there have either been in Vancouver for years, hence mitigating the cost factor, or really want to be here because they love the area with its ocean and mtns. If you don’t care about the ocean and mtns for your lifestyle, or you don’t have a burning desire to be on the left coast, then for sure, you can get at least the same pay but far cheaper cost of living elsewhere. But I’d recommend LAS to anyone who wants to be in YVR in a bizjet job. Great people and a company with really good values. You treat them well, and they’ll treat you well.

CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CAL »

Thanks for the info Wally
I am assuming you know firsthand?
Does it ever get to 100k and also whats the move time over to the 604?

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

There’s very little turnover on the 605/604 side. So I can’t give a number that really means anything. It’s just luck and timing. Some guys are happy staying Lear capt forever, and others are keen on the chally. The chally Crew is fairly young, so not really any retirements coming anytime soon, and at the moment no expansion on the horizon. But things can change quickly if suddenly a managed aircraft is added to fleet.

For the Lear, I’m sure you’d get close to 100k eventually. 7-8 years maybe..total ballpark...don’t bet the farm on that. There’s no set pay scale for increases but having said that you get at least cost of living every year. If you are an asset to the company and excel at your job, you’ll see meaningful raises.

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

Brutal

Galaxy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Galaxy »

'97 Tercel wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:03 pmBrutal

What he said :up:

I cannot believe a Lear Captain wouldn’t be WELL north of $100k/yr. living in YVR. Speechless....

Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jet Jockey »

Galaxy wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:14 pm
'97 Tercel wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:03 pmBrutal

What he said :up:

I cannot believe a Lear Captain wouldn’t be WELL north of $100k/yr. living in YVR. Speechless....
Well I don't believe in "where you live" as an excuse for a good salary. An Air Canada pilot holding position X will make the same salary whether he lives in Halifax, Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver.

This said an experienced Lear captain should make good money and certainly $100K a year would be a minimum for a start.

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

97 Tercel...

just curious about what you do and where you live? Is there another charter operator out there that pays significantly more? Yes, agreed, an experienced Lear guy shoulfd make make more and at LAS that would also be true. In the past they’ve hired DEC’s with good Lear experience at 100k-ish...the 80k is when a Lear FO gets upgraded internally... likely with ZERO jet PIC time.

So is this still brutal? An honest question...not trying to stir shit up. At at least not very much. 😉

Last edited by wallypilot on Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

double post.

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

For the Lear, I’m sure you’d get close to 100k eventually. 7-8 years maybe..
That's not brutal?

CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CAL »

I really hate to tell you guys but salaries north of the us border generally are poor from airlines to corporate
I have no doubt there are exceptions in the corporate world but not the airlines (2)
Google flexjet pay first year captain
Heck google first year fo pay!
It’s a mess up north and guys find excuses to condone it to make themselves feel better.
It’s shocking

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

This is the truth, and as long as the operators can put 250hr guys in the right seat, pay will not change.

NovaBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by NovaBoy »

'97 Tercel wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:24 pm
For the Lear, I’m sure you’d get close to 100k eventually. 7-8 years maybe..
That's not brutal?
Waiting 7-8 years to make $100k".........ya thats brutal. I made more than that flying a C560 13 years ago.

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

I’m being conservative with the 7-8 yrs so that no one blasts me in a few years for false promises. However, since you say you beat that 13 years ago,how many years were you into the career at that point,and how much of an asshole was your employer and what other beinfits were there? 😜 many more things to a job than your weekly pay.

But as I said, LAS will not be the top paying Canadian operator. But in all the years that I worked there, and since I left keeping in close contact with crews, there are very few significant complaints. I think that speaks volumes.

Guaranteed your 20k extra at novajet is definitely not worth it. 😉 (I know I did a couple contacts many years ago for a-hole novajet...will never do that again)

Basically,do you want to sell your soul,or do you want to have a predictable life? Very few if any corporate charter operators in Canada offer a good lifestyle. So, just take it for what it’s worth.

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

I was making 80k my first year as a King Air driver, in civilization but a place nowhere near as expensive as Vancouver.

80k for any jet skipper is an insult. At least with Air Canada you have an option of bases or commuting.

Return to “Corporate”