TSB investigating after 2 private jets crash on the ground at Winnipeg airport

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: TSB investigating after 2 private jets crash on the ground at Winnipeg airport

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

pelmet wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:57 pm
TeePeeCreeper wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:50 pm
pelmet wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:31 am There are no shortage of clueless people who have no idea what they are talking about. Good example here.

That being said, if you operate an aircraft with an emergency brake, it can be helpful to simulate what you should do on the event of a brake failure every once in a while.

Instinct may make you just try to apply more and more brake pressure, when this action has become useless instead of taking a different action.

Trust me, I have been there in a black ice situation leading to a vehicle incident.
Please regal us all with the lack lustre tail that you forgot to enlighten us with this time around....

I’ve set my parking break and await your witty response shortly!
Parking BREAK? REGAL us? Lack lustre TAIL?

Wow. At least you are good for a laugh, even when you have no idea why. Who needs to even try to be witty with you posting here. I doubt you could figure it out anyway.
The best you can do is resort to nit picking spelling and grammar? Sad.
---------- ADS -----------

DonutHole
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: TSB investigating after 2 private jets crash on the ground at Winnipeg airport

Post by DonutHole »

TeePeeCreeper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:22 pm
TeePeeCreeper wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:50 pm

Please regal us all with the lack lustre tail that you forgot to enlighten us with this time around....

I’ve set my parking break and await your witty response shortly!

Wow. At least you are good for a laugh, even when you have no idea why. Who needs to even try to be witty with you posting here. I doubt you could figure it out anyway.
Get back to work slacker

Last edited by DonutHole on Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

TeePeeCreeper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:22 pm The best you can do is resort to nit picking spelling and grammar? Sad.
He's a bit like this fellow:

Sort of like that topic about how pelmet refuses to accept that a report of smoke in an aircraft should be dealt with as an immediate emergency until proven otherwise - instead wanting 100% proof that said smoke is actually from a fire...

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

TeePeeCreeper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:22 pm The best you can do is resort to nit picking spelling and grammar? Sad.
As compared to.......insults.

Perhaps you could give an informed opinion on the informed opinion that I posted earlier if you happen to disagree with it. Or is that asking too much of you.

I'd say what is actually sad is when someone posts some information that could help prevent an accident, you give a grade three level response.

Go ahead...give an informed opinion based on your expertise on what could be done to prevent a recurrence. You might discover that intelligent discussion is enjoyable. I assume you have a piloting background and perhaps have something to add.

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

pelmet wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:19 pm

Perhaps you could give an informed opinion on the informed opinion that I posted earlier if you happen to disagree with it. Or is that asking too much of you.

I'd say what is actually sad is when someone posts some information that could help prevent an accident, you give a grade three level response.

Go ahead...give an informed opinion based on your expertise on what could be done to prevent a recurrence. You might discover that intelligent discussion is enjoyable. I assume you have a piloting background and perhaps have something to add.
With all due respect I already have done so. It is you who disliked my cheeky comment and took offence as you so aptly put it and I paraphrase; “a third graders response”.

Are you always argumentative and demeaning to those who dare disagree with you?

If you genuinely wish to spar with intellect and a reasonable amount of logic (my kid is in grade 3. He also knows how to speak to his peers and adults without resorting to belittling them) than by all means promote such diaologue....

It’s almost as simple as remembering that one has set the parking break or hasn’t really!

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

TeePeeCreeper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:47 pm
pelmet wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:19 pm

With all due respect I already have done so. It is you who disliked my cheeky comment and took offence as you so aptly put it and I paraphrase; “a third graders response”.

Are you always argumentative and demeaning to those who dare disagree with you?

If you genuinely wish to spar with intellect and a reasonable amount of logic (my kid is in grade 3. He also knows how to speak to his peers and adults without resorting to belittling them) than by all means promote such diaologue....

It’s almost as simple as remembering that one has set the parking break or hasn’t really!
I'll take all that to mean that we won't get an informed opinion from you on the incident which as far as I can tell is what I tried to do after the final report was posted here. Sorry if you felt a suggestion to prevent an accident is somehow argumentative or demeaning.

Sorry of you feel belittled for my response to your "cheeky comment". Perhaps you feel the comment fits your definition of intellect. I did review the thread in an attempt to find a post where you feel that "with all due respect" you have given an informed opinion on this incident. Only your two recent posts were found. If that is the best you can do then.....

.....Thanks for the input.

Bottom line...I made a valid statement of an idea that might prevent an accident, you called me a shit-disturber for it and then you complain to me that I am belittling, argumentative, and demeaning. Interesting.

Last edited by pelmet on Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youhavecontrol
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by youhavecontrol »

"Transport Canada is investigating." ...sounds like some of you should get a job at Transport Canada so you can have the inside scoop!
Sometimes I wonder why certain investigations take so long to come out... perhaps the people at TC are furiously fighting with each other just like we do.

"I found that Right Rudder you kept asking for."
TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

DonutHole wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:25 pm

Get back to work slacker
LOL! Hope you and your missus are enjoying Mexico! Send my regards to the gang. :)

PS: Why are you on Avcanda and not at the pool side bar?!?

DonutHole
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DonutHole »

TeePeeCreeper wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:33 am
DonutHole wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:25 pm

Get back to work slacker
LOL! Hope you and your missus are enjoying Mexico! Send my regards to the gang. :)

PS: Why are you on Avcanda and not at the pool side bar?!?
No pool side bar at the hangar :) sent her with m.i.l.

Such a sucker

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

pelmet wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:57 pm Speaking about the standard parking at the gate maneuver, I do try to remember to look for the aircraft type on the electronic guidance and that the ramp is clear even if being marshalled/guided in.
Here is an example of an incident showing the importance of checking the guidance system is set for your specific aircraft type. A321 where the guidance system was set up for A320....

https://twitter.com/jonk/status/5996868 ... 68/photo/1

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Here is an example of an incident showing the importance of checking the guidance system is set for your specific aircraft type. A321 where the guidance system was set up for A320....

https://twitter.com/jonk/status/5996868 ... 68/photo/1
The captain couldn't see that the bridge was too close? da-de-da just follow the guidance.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

upnatem wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:09 pm
linecrew wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:04 am
upnatem wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:45 am Program shit into your radios and screens before you start to move the aircraft!!
Got 'er all figured out already?
Yeah, pretty much. Let me know when you find out I'm wrong.
upnatem wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:07 pm Let's see.......clear day, middle of afternoon, taxis directly into (no wingtip brush here) a parked aircraft. How much "inside scoop" do you need to figure out they weren't looking outside.
It turns out to have nothing to do with programming an FMS while taxiing. There was a brake failure as an initiating event.

https://www.tsb.gc.ca/eng/rapports-repo ... c0018.html

linecrew
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by linecrew »

upnatem wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:01 am Thanks "linecrew", you've made me realize the error of my ways - and I feel shame. I will no longer expect pilots to look out the windows while taxiing and make sure they aren't going to hit anything with their aircraft.

If you happened to be the guy marshalling him I hope you gave him a big hug and told him it wasn't his fault.

...sooo yeah.

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”