Float pilot hiring scenario?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: North Shore, ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako

Post Reply
User avatar
7507
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:45 pm

Float pilot hiring scenario?

Post by 7507 »

Hello again

Question to the operators hiring float drivers and pilots hired that maybe came across the scenario:

If an operator has Cessna 206 amphibians in their operation only and we're looking for drivers having 206 time of course, would you look at a resume from a float driver that didn't have 206 amphibious time but had enough and more on a 172XP amphibian as time if you were having a really slow response from other 206 driver applicants.

I guess my question how comparable are the 2 aircraft applying for a 206 job?

Thanks in advance
---------- ADS -----------
 
FishermanIvan
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: YYZ

Re: Float pilot hiring scenario?

Post by FishermanIvan »

A Cessna is a Cessna, IMO. The numbers are different, and the engines as well, but they all FEEL the same. A 172 feels like a 182, 185, 206, 208; they just get bigger. I've heard even the straight wing Cessna jets pretty much feel like a rock solid 172.
---------- ADS -----------
 
shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1672
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:59 pm

Re: Float pilot hiring scenario?

Post by shimmydampner »

Pretty much agree. I found the 185 and 206 to be the most dissimilar in "feel" but still pretty close. The 172 and 206 were more similar, granted I spent very little time in the XP on floats. Similar systems between them as well in terms of constant speed, electric flaps. And the biggest similarity: they'll both make you wish you were in a 185! :D
Seriously though, anyone competent enough to fly one can fly the other, I would wager.
---------- ADS -----------
 
FishermanIvan
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: YYZ

Re: Float pilot hiring scenario?

Post by FishermanIvan »

If I’m flying a Cessna seaplane, it’s gotta be a 185.

I don’t need to die in a 206 because I can’t open the door underwater lol.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Maynard
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 445
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:33 am

Re: Float pilot hiring scenario?

Post by Maynard »

FishermanIvan wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:53 pm A Cessna is a Cessna, IMO. The numbers are different, and the engines as well, but they all FEEL the same. A 172 feels like a 182, 185, 206, 208; they just get bigger. I've heard even the straight wing Cessna jets pretty much feel like a rock solid 172.
I notice you left out the crowd killer. Probably the only Cessna that doesn't feel like a Cessna :lol:
---------- ADS -----------
 
I guess I should write something here.
FishermanIvan
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: YYZ

Re: Float pilot hiring scenario?

Post by FishermanIvan »

Maynard wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:48 am
FishermanIvan wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:53 pm A Cessna is a Cessna, IMO. The numbers are different, and the engines as well, but they all FEEL the same. A 172 feels like a 182, 185, 206, 208; they just get bigger. I've heard even the straight wing Cessna jets pretty much feel like a rock solid 172.
I notice you left out the crowd killer. Probably the only Cessna that doesn't feel like a Cessna :lol:
Cardinal?
---------- ADS -----------
 
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3683
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:33 am
Location: YYC 230 degree radial at about 10 DME

Re: Float pilot hiring scenario?

Post by co-joe »

FishermanIvan wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:08 am
Maynard wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:48 am
FishermanIvan wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:53 pm A Cessna is a Cessna, IMO. The numbers are different, and the engines as well, but they all FEEL the same. A 172 feels like a 182, 185, 206, 208; they just get bigger. I've heard even the straight wing Cessna jets pretty much feel like a rock solid 172.
I notice you left out the crowd killer. Probably the only Cessna that doesn't feel like a Cessna :lol:
Cardinal?
Skymaster?
---------- ADS -----------
 
FishermanIvan
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: YYZ

Re: Float pilot hiring scenario?

Post by FishermanIvan »

co-joe wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:07 pm
FishermanIvan wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:08 am
Maynard wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:48 am

I notice you left out the crowd killer. Probably the only Cessna that doesn't feel like a Cessna :lol:
Cardinal?
Skymaster?
That makes way more sense
---------- ADS -----------
 
shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1672
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:59 pm

Re: Float pilot hiring scenario?

Post by shimmydampner »

C207
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “Employment Forum”