YEG Applications process

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

randomresponse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: YEG Applications process

Post by randomresponse »

When I try and login there's a message saying:
Login has been temporarily disabled as we are migrating to a new system. Thank you for your patience.
So server maintenance?
---------- ADS -----------

lmnop
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lmnop »

Hey, all..

Been lurking for a short while.. just now dropping a line for the first time.

I’ve got a question that I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction:

I had my in person interview in Edmonton October 12 (almost five weeks ago now) and was told I’d have a green or red light in about two weeks. That date has come and gone and was still yellow light “pending” until this new website came along, now I’m not sure where I stand.

Can someone suggest a name that I can try to contact regarding my status on this?

Thanks!

randomresponse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by randomresponse »

Hey lmnop,

I sent you a PM with contact info that might work.

flyboy987
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyboy987 »

Ya this new website is quite bleak. I keep almost clicking the "withdraw application" since its the only thing you can really click haha. Status is just listed as "Interview". This waiting sucks :(

randomresponse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by randomresponse »

flyboy987 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:51 pm Ya this new website is quite bleak. I keep almost clicking the "withdraw application" since its the only thing you can really click haha. Status is just listed as "Interview". This waiting sucks :(
My page looks the same as yours, status is interview with no pending tasks. From what I saw in a different thread it might be that we end up receiving an email with the results instead of seeing a status change on the site. That and they increased the reapply time to 18 months.

B.Yeg, I'm curious to know what you see when you sign into the new site?

flyboy987
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyboy987 »

Well its been 2 weeks so we should be hearing from them soon. Best of luck. Don't think i interviewed too well so not looking forward to seeing the results tbh lol.

randomresponse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by randomresponse »

You know I feel the same way about my interview. Everyone always talked about the three interviewer panel in a conference room, but instead I ended up sitting at a small table with just two people in the training manager's office. Way more intimate than I had anticipated.

Good luck to you as well!

flyboy987
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyboy987 »

Guess we will hopefully see next week haha. This weekend is gonna be annoying.

kashep
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kashep »

My interview was November 2, also in a small room with two people. They said I'd hear back in two weeks but I have the same bleak website just with status "Interview". I thought my interview went really well, fingers crossed!

Glad to hear it sounds like others are experiencing the same thing

flyboy987
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyboy987 »

Got some random email from NavCanada earlier about passing the employere referall program? haha. Checked the workday site and looks like i am "Eligible for Offer" So i guess that means im through. Don't see what i've been streamed however. Hopefully yall made it through too.

randomresponse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by randomresponse »

Hey flyboy I just got the same email :lol:
Congratulations! You have successfully completed our testing and simulation portion of the NAV Canada Employee Referral program. We would like to invite you for the final interview on:
[not available] [not available] .If you need to reschedule, please call [not available]
Thank you,
[not available]
Tel: [not available] Email: [not available]
Not quite the response I was expecting after having completed the final interview almost three weeks ago, but I had a good laugh :lol:

Then a little while later the workday website updated to say Status: Eligible for offer

It's all a little confusing with no stream on there (I opted for IFR and VFR) and I'm a little hesitant to believe it quite yet. But in anticipation of a good result, hooray?!

flyboy987
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyboy987 »

Ya debating whether or not to call them later this week and ask if we get "streamed" like previous applicants.

B.Yeg28
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by B.Yeg28 »

Hi All!
Sorry I haven't been on in a while!
Yes, mine says the same (eligible for offer)
I only knew I was streamed IFR because of the old site.
Not sure how I feel about the new layout :?
I liked on the old site where we could see what was coming up and what we had completed.

I would say either email them or call them to ask what your steam is, they are really good about responding fast to emails.

Hopefully we all get in a course together!

fawkes
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fawkes »

Hi,

Been lurking for a while and would like to jump in this post :)

I received the same email yesterday, jumped the gun and emailed them about it. I was told that because the interview took place before the migration, they still had to put it in the details in our account. The email was not meant to be sent out cause we already did the interview.

And so basically the new status "Eligible for offer" is equivalent to the green light we would've gotten from the previous platform. Also, information regarding where we you are streamed is no longer part of this new platform. I was told the it would have been discussed during interview. Which kinda sucks cause it would be nice to know that right away.

randomresponse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by randomresponse »

Thanks for the info Fawkes, too bad we won't know where we streamed. Did they give any indication to when we would find out that info?

Congrats to everyone who made it through, hopefully we'll see each other on course.

fawkes
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fawkes »

The reply I got about that was very vague, just said that the specific information is no longer provided. I'm assuming we won't know until we get an offer. I had asked about when next courses will start during my interview. VFR/IFR class would most likely start April/end of May (as what estrela20 said) and they would be calling people probably around mid-March for offers. FSS would start March and they would be calling either end of December/January. It takes the anxiety of waiting to another level haha.

Also, congrats to everyone who made it through as well!

Slenderjim
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Slenderjim »

Hi does anyone after the Bootcamp show on the new website "DNMF Not Eligible to re-apply within 18 months".

But it still shows status as "Interview" and no pending tasks?

flyboy987
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyboy987 »

Does anybody know the nornal course start dates/ offer dates for the streams?

I stated preference to VFR so i'd like to know that the most, but it would help to know all of them.

Thanks

B.Yeg28
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by B.Yeg28 »

flyboy987 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:15 pm Does anybody know the nornal course start dates/ offer dates for the streams?

I stated preference to VFR so i'd like to know that the most, but it would help to know all of them.

Thanks
Hi Flyboy!

I emailed them asking this question since I am planning a vacation before the training starts.
VFR and IFR both start beginning of May.
They state that the offers will be given out 3 months prior, (but most likely 2 months) so I would say expect a call beginning of March.

Does anyone know if they are still doing interviews, or assessment sessions?

estrela20
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by estrela20 »

Yes, assessments in Edmonton are happening now until beg of third week of December...I am going in about 10 days to take FEAST. Apparently that is their new assessment style (no more in-person assessment or over the phone interviews.) There will be 100 of us taking FEAST within the next 15 days: 20 will be called back for the boot-camp in January.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”