YYZ Application

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

A.J.B.
Rank 0
Rank 0

YYZ Application

Post by A.J.B. »

Hey all, have been lurking around here for a bit and finally pulled the pin and submitted my application to NavCanada. I've been involved in aviation for many years but had been in need of a career change for awhile now, just was afraid to make the jump SO....time to write the first test!

Cheers
---------- ADS -----------

WarpedNoodle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: YYZ Application

Post by WarpedNoodle »

Good luck! FEAST is very challenging and a good indicator of whether or not you will be a suitable candidate.

A.J.B.
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by A.J.B. »

Thanks, completed the online testing the other night so now just playing the waiting game. In all the reading I've been doing it seems like the selection process has changed a bit over the last year or two. Provided I was successful at this stage, is the next step still Toronto for FEAST/in-person assessments?

Also, how long on average do people have to wait to find out if they were successful with the online portion? I assumed I would know right away but haven't gotten any feedback yet.

A.J.B.
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by A.J.B. »

does anyone know how long it should take to find out whether or not you were successful after completing the online testing?

website still shows "assessment" and that they're currently reviewing my application....

application has been in for over a month now :?

cm6966
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cm6966 »

completed the assessment and playing the waiting game too.

A.J.B.
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by A.J.B. »

update: emailed Nav Canada to follow up with the status of my application, successful with the exam so now in the pool awaiting my in-person assessment!

Good luck to anyone else in the same boat!

Slenderjim
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Slenderjim »

I'm in the IFR offer course for March 18, doing the ITA studying now. Vfr is also starting the same date. So I assume your application process is for the fall?

kvcy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kvcy »

I applied over a month ago and took the on-line assessment test around 3 weeks ago.
Sent them an email to see if they have any updates on the results just like @A.J.B did. Waiting for a reply :)

I know I'm thinking ahead of my self but does anyone know which month the next training starts?

Also, does anyone have an idea of what FEAST will be testing you on? I heard you can't prepare for it but it'd be nice to know to be mentally prepared.

Thanks and good luck everyone!

Slenderjim
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Slenderjim »

The next training vfr and ifr starts March 18 at the yyz acc. I'm fortunate enough to be in the IFR program and studying the ITA material like crazy but it's a lot of stuff.

March 18 trainings session I'm sure is closed now here. So any other testing would be for the fall start I assume

hopefulguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hopefulguy »

Not yyz, and were still doing the ancient wsim exam here in yvr so I'm not sure how that affects things, but the Proctor said that the earliest date our batch of applicants could get an offer would be in Sept or Oct
. And we already did the in person assessment today, so should be ahead of you in terms of the application process. But yeah, I did hear feast would be faster so who knows

andrewface
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by andrewface »

A.J.B. wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:04 pm update: emailed Nav Canada to follow up with the status of my application, successful with the exam so now in the pool awaiting my in-person assessment!

Good luck to anyone else in the same boat!
They told you that you passed the initial online test?

A.J.B.
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by A.J.B. »

Yes, she said that I was successful with the online testing and that I was in a pool to await selection for the in-person assessment. Also said that the 18 month active period for my file has started.

kvcy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kvcy »

Hi all,

just to confirm, we check our status of application through the Workday platform, correct?
I found a Connexion login site but I can't log in with my Workday account info and I don't see an option to sign up.

Thanks!

Ssauvage87
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ssauvage87 »

kvcy wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:40 pm Hi all,

just to confirm, we check our status of application through the Workday platform, correct?
I found a Connexion login site but I can't log in with my Workday account info and I don't see an option to sign up.

Thanks!

https://navcanada.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com ... on-Arienne_

Should be where you sign up/login/apply/keep updated. You'll use that site above all the way until you have to fill out some HR paperwork just before training then you'll get access to another MyWorkday site using your new "name@navcanada.ca" login credentials

I think the Connexion site is for existing staff

kvcy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kvcy »

Ssauvage87 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:15 pm

Thanks!

Should be where you sign up/login/apply/keep updated. You'll use that site above all the way until you have to fill out some HR paperwork just before training then you'll get access to another MyWorkday site using your new "name@navcanada.ca" login credentials

Great! Thank you.

I received a reply from the talent acquisition team that my results for the on-line assessment has been updated Jan 3rd but I see the same "assessment" status that has been there since applying in December. Is this normal?

Thanks again

Ssauvage87
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ssauvage87 »

[/

Last edited by Ssauvage87 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ssauvage87
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ssauvage87 »

kvcy wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:15 pm

Thanks!

Great! Thank you.

I received a reply from the talent acquisition team that my results for the on-line assessment has been updated Jan 3rd but I see the same "assessment" status that has been there since applying in December. Is this normal?

Thanks again

If I had to guess I would say that means you are in the pool for the actual feast assessment. The online testing when you applied is 100% computer scored (so is the first 8 hour FEAST assessment btw) so the score for that would've been processed pretty much right away, so if it says assessment I would just keep fingers crossed you get an invite to a feast day. Cuz even though you passed the online testing, unfortunately they still only take the top candidates in the pool at any given time to invite to further assessment. Good luck though! 46 days until I start training myself, pretty nerve-wracking but exciting!

kvcy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kvcy »

Ssauvage87 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:56 am
kvcy wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:15 pm

Great! Thank you.

Thanks again

If I had to guess I would say that means you are in the pool for the actual feast assessment. The online testing when you applied is 100% computer scored (so is the first 8 hour FEAST assessment btw) so the score for that would've been processed pretty much right away, so if it says assessment I would just keep fingers crossed you get an invite to a feast day. Cuz even though you passed the online testing, unfortunately they still only take the top candidates in the pool at any given time to invite to further assessment. Good luck though! 46 days until I start training myself, pretty nerve-wracking but exciting!
Thank you Ssauvage87!
You are right! I received an email saying I'm in the pool and that I'll be contacted if they want to assess further.
And congratulations for getting into training! I must say this whole application process definitely seems difficult.
As for FEAST, what does it test you on? Is it really difficult? I heard that you can't really prepare for it but I'm wondering if you (or anyone else reading) did anything to prepare for it?

A.J.B.
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by A.J.B. »

congrats to everyone so far and best of luck with the next step - eagerly awaiting an invite for FEAST!

Pitts24
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Pitts24 »

Hello all, I’m also in the IFR course starting March 18th at YYZ. Just working through the ITA right now. Looking forward to meeting the other trainees. Good luck to the others in the process.

Cheers

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”