Air Canada vs American Airlines A320

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Air Canada vs American Airlines A320

Post by altiplano »

Any health insurance cost is easily offset by:
- significantly higher wages
- significantly lower taxes
- significantly lower cost of living
---------- ADS -----------

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

My friend's daughter is a VP at Delta Airlines so I'm guessing her benefits are better than the pilots. She pays an extra $800 a month insurance because the company benefits aren't good enough for her and her family. Obviously she gets much better healthcare than she would get free in Canada but it is a significant cost. As others have mentioned, easily offset by the higher wages.

If you're in the top global 1% of income earners, financially the US is the place to be.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Tail-Chaser wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:13 pm
I'll never understand the absolute hatred of Trudeau. It's fair to say you dislike his policies or politics but come on, you think he's worse than Trump?
I'll never understand the continued Canadian fanboy drooling over this guy, like he's Justin Bieber. What are you, a 12 year old girl? Seems a lot of people's analysis stops at the cute hair. Maybe he'll light up a joint on New Year's Eve on live TV to raise his popularity even higher.

Here's his response to China holding 2 of our citizens:

"OTTAWA — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says Canadians and people around the world are “extremely disturbed” by China’s detention of Canadians.

Trudeau told reporters in Mali that Canada is impressing upon the Chinese how important it is to release detainees Michael Kovrig and Michael Spavor."

Wow. This dude is tough. Fights for Canada. I'd be scared if I was the Chinese.

This is MY country he is supposed to represent. Not the world. There is no place for a pansied ass leader representing us.

Tail-Chaser
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Tail-Chaser »

rookiepilot wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:57 pm
I'll never understand the absolute hatred of Trudeau. It's fair to say you dislike his policies or politics but come on, you think he's worse than Trump?
I'll never understand the continued Canadian fanboy drooling over this guy, like he's Justin Bieber. What are you, a 12 year old girl? Seems a lot of people's analysis stops at the cute hair. Maybe he'll light up a joint on New Year's Eve on live TV to raise his popularity even higher.

"OTTAWA — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says Canadians and people around the world are “extremely disturbed” by China’s detention of Canadians.

Trudeau told reporters in Mali that Canada is impressing upon the Chinese how important it is to release detainees Michael Kovrig and Michael Spavor."

This is MY country he is supposed to represent. Not the world. There is no place for a pansied ass leader representing us.
And your response would be? Or perhaps what would you like Mr. Scheer to say?

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Tail-Chaser wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:08 pm

Not a fan of Scheer either to be honest.

Is it too much to ask for a leader that unequivocally stands up for Canada?

Tail-Chaser
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Tail-Chaser »

rookiepilot wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:20 pm
Tail-Chaser wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:08 pm

Not a fan of Scheer either to be honest.

Is it too much to ask for a leader that unequivocally stands up for Canada?
Fair enough. I'm just trying to flesh things out here. Is there a statement he could have issued that you would've supported?

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

I think Trudeau could cure cancer and you could still hear the whining in Alberta from St Johns to Alert to Victoria.

I’m not a fan of him, personally. He’s a bit too much of a yes man—trying to please everyone with little substance. But man... try taking a drink every time you read a “destroying the country” hyperbolic statement in a comments section and you’ll be blackout drunk in five minutes.

Personally I think he’s the best entertainment our tax dollars can buy. There’s an awful lot of laws, precedence, due process, and checks and balances which prevent guys like him or his predecessor or the clown down south from doing any real damage.

Wage disparity is dependent on market forces. Americans are more desperate for pilots because of their 1500 hour rule that used to be almost defacto in Canada until the shortage hit, plus bigger markets means making profits with higher volumes and lower margins.

Market forces may well change in Canada, but for now there is no shortage of qualified people willing to work mainline for cheap.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
pianokeys
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by pianokeys »

I just dont like Trudeau because he is a pussy. Hes not a mans man. Probably gets pedicures and sits down to pee.

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

I've become less and less satisfied with this Trudeau as time goes by, but his statement on the Chinese detention of (at the time) two Canadians was inline with what most would call a diplomatic tone. Now, he could have instead launched a full broadside at Xi Jinping calling him "little rocket man" and egging him on saying he's got a bigger button, but that doesn't really accomplish anything - we've got enough issues without a bunch of narcissistic idiots rattling their nuclear sabres.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

pianokeys wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:59 pm I just dont like Trudeau because he is a pussy. Hes not a mans man. Probably gets pedicures and sits down to pee.
I bet Brazeau thought that before he got his clock cleaned. ;)

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

C.W.E. wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:55 pm
I can guarantee you this pilot is not jealous.They could triple that U.S. pay and I would still feel sorry for those living in Trumps America
What exactly is Trumps America?
Children in cages

Attachments
FEF16B30-BD9F-4E23-AFB3-AD314F16DAB0.jpeg
FEF16B30-BD9F-4E23-AFB3-AD314F16DAB0.jpeg (64.18 KiB) Viewed 1833 times
C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

Children in cages
Why are they there?

LennyLeonard
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LennyLeonard »

pianokeys wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:59 pm I just dont like Trudeau because he is a pussy. Hes not a mans man. Probably gets pedicures and sits down to pee.
One of the truest things posted on this site. I'll add another: politics and voting is a scam.

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

Can anyone here tell me of anything Justin has accomplished or built during his life time?

Tail-Chaser
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Tail-Chaser »

C.W.E. wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:32 pm Can anyone here tell me of anything Justin has accomplished or built during his life time?
For starters, he became Prime Minister of a country. Not the easiest thing to do.

https://trudeaumetre.polimeter.org/

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

For starters, he became Prime Minister of a country. Not the easiest thing to do.
So all you need to qualify for being the prime minister of Canada is be born in the right family?

Once again except for who his father was what has he accomplished?

Mind you when I see his name mentioned the first image in my mind is him and his family all dressed up in that East Indian garb on his visit to India, so I guess he is noted for something, being an embarrassment to his country.

Tail-Chaser
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Tail-Chaser »

C.W.E. wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:11 pm
So all you need to qualify for being the prime minister of Canada is be born in the right family?

Once again except for who his father was what has he accomplished?

Mind you when I see his name mentioned the first image in my mind is him and his family all dressed up in that East Indian garb on his visit to India, so I guess he is noted for something, being an embarrassment to his country.
So let me get this straight. Are you saying that you think that literally the only reason he won the election was because his father was also a PM?

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

So let me get this straight. Are you saying that you think that literally the only reason he won the election was because his father was also a PM?
What other expertise or qualifications does he have?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

C.W.E. wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:51 pm
What other expertise or qualifications does he have?
What expertise do any of them have?

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

What expertise do any of them have?
Most politicians are nothing more than opportunists that make great promises to get elected and then deliver very little once elected.

On the other hand Trump at least has a very impressive background in building things and making a small fortune doing it.

He promised he would build a wall on the border to help control illegal aliens and it looks like he is determined to keep that promise.

Return to “General Comments”