Deal or No Deal?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Would you rather?

GGN merge with Jazz seniority DOH.
27%
GGN arrive at Jazz BOTL.
58%
It makes no difference either way.
8%
Undecided.
7%

Total votes: 115

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Deal or No Deal?

Post by hithere »

This is kind of like a pay it forward type of thing. Do onto others as you’d have done onto you etc. The Jaz MEC is trying to set a standard of respect for fellow Alpa pilots at the Express brand who are(through no fault of their own) aboard a sinking ship. To my fellow Jazz pilots, if Jazz fell on hard times and another Alpa Express carrier extended an offer to take you DOH on their property, wouldn’t that be a godsend for you and your family? And the current offer to Georgian will have very little effect on the current Jazz pilots because of the 1)relatively junior population at Georgian 2)increased fins they bring with them and 3)the better flow through which comes with the deal which will have way more junior guys going directly to AC. The net effect on a given Jazz pilot will be negligible
---------- ADS -----------

blueskiessabove
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by blueskiessabove »

hithere wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:27 pm This is kind of like a pay it forward type of thing. Do onto others as you’d have done onto you etc. The Jaz MEC is trying to set a standard of respect for fellow Alpa pilots at the Express brand who are(through no fault of their own) aboard a sinking ship. To my fellow Jazz pilots, if Jazz fell on hard times and another Alpa Express carrier extended an offer to take you DOH on their property, wouldn’t that be a godsend for you and your family? And the current offer to Georgian will have very little effect on the current Jazz pilots because of the 1)relatively junior population at Georgian 2)increased fins they bring with them and 3)the better flow through which comes with the deal which will have way more junior guys going directly to AC. The net effect on a given Jazz pilot will be negligible
Your so wrong in many ways! This contract is gonna set the trend for the future when AC wants to push us around and our MEC has there tail between there legs.
Stop feeding all these new people this crap.
Let's see what they come back with if we say no. Stop going for the first deal!

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

To all my fellow JAZZ aviators, do yourself a favor and get informed. Talk to your ALPA reps, talk to the negotiating committee, read your CA, read the MOS. Grill both the yes and no camp, ask them what is their vision and strategy past the ratification vote. And when you are happy with the info you got, vote what you feel is right be it yes or no, not what some schmucks hiding on a forum behind 3-4 aliases are telling you to.

All non-Jazz folks with all due respect, keep your uninformed opinion on how the vote should go to yourself.

Last edited by Outlaw58 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

Outlaw58 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:36 pm To all my fellow JAZZ aviators, do yourself a favor and get informed. Talk to your ALPA reps, talk to the negotiating committee, read your CA, read the MOS. Grill both the yes and no camp, ask them what is their vision and strategy past the ratification vote. And when you are happy with the info you got, vote what you feel is right be it yes or no, not what some schmucks hiding on a forum behind 3-4 aliases are telling you to.

All non-Jazz folks with all due respect, keep your uninformed opinion on how the vote should go to yourself.

PS: I see a lot of posting while I was writing this so sorry for repeating what was said above, which is pretty much what I am saying....get informed.

Last edited by Outlaw58 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Hey outlaw what’s your plan when Calin tells you to shove your no vote up your ass and proceeds to wind Jazz down to 2025? What about the 1500 pilots and families that the MEC has to look out for? The MEC does not roll the dice with it’s members’ careers. Maybe if you are financially secure or don’t have so much of you life invested in this company then you don’t give a sh!t either way, but the vast majority of us do care

blueskiessabove
Rank 1
Rank 1

Outlaw58 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:36 pm To all my fellow JAZZ aviators, do yourself a favor and get informed. Talk to your ALPA reps, talk to the negotiating committee, read your CA, read the MOS. Grill both the yes and no camp, ask them what is their vision and strategy past the ratification vote. And when you are happy with the info you got, vote what you feel is right be it yes or no, not what some schmuck hiding on a forum behind 3-4 aliases is telling you to.

To quote this individual who doesn't know what he's talking about. I'll tell all you fellow Jazz Pilots. What if you vote "yes" contract goes through. 6 months later interview at AC and your unsuccessful plus the GGN guys coming in and taking a senior spot to you potentially. Then what?. your locked in a raw deal till 2035 that saves AC 50million a year, when these things could be going towards our wages.
Just a thought when the people that only have there own prerogatives in mine. Think of the next generation behind you who may start at Jazz.

Just a thought

blueskiessabove
Rank 1
Rank 1

To quote this individual who doesn't know what he's talking about. I'll tell all you fellow Jazz Pilots. What if you vote "yes" contract goes through. 6 months later interview at AC and your unsuccessful plus the GGN guys coming in and taking a senior spot to you potentially. Then what?. your locked in a raw deal till 2035 that saves AC 50million a year, when these things could be going towards our wages.
Just a thought when the people that only have there own prerogatives in mine. Think of the next generation behind you who may start at Jazz.

Just a thought

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

Just to be clear, I am not advocating voting one way or another...all I am saying is get your information from proper sources and not from just 1 source. Never meant to offend anyone here, sorry if I did.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

You will have a far better chance of getting hired under the PML contained in the new contract than the current one. Current PFO rate somewhere between 20-50%. New contract will be max 10% PFO. Don’t believe me? Go to a roadshow and/or open house, view the roadshow video when it comes out on the 23rd and real the MOS. Get informed

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

So AC is planning to lower their hiring/interview standards to allow specifically allow more JAZZ pilots to pass? First I hear of this.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

If you are asking this question as a Jazz pilot then you need to read the MOS. The details are there

JoeyBarton
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JoeyBarton »

Honestly guys already on the property want to go to ac, and if pfod will jump ship to ts or sw. You can increase the pay by all you want, it will never come close to a 737 payscale and most will leave anyways, for pay but also to fly something bigger on more international routes. Pay is not everything...ego is not the issue either, but you want to feel challenged and I feel most will not be content with flying a q or rj for the next 30 years..It is sad but I think a lot of the current jazz guys won't change their mind even for 15 or 20k more a year...

The gap is too big between the big 4 and the regionals...

tkdowell
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tkdowell »

When does the vote close?

prop2jet
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by prop2jet »

Voting opens up tomorrow and runs for a week. Results will be known Jan 31.

ikarus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ikarus »

vote is open now...

dh89
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dh89 »

I would like to remind my fellow peers that you are in as good a position to negotiate for better terms as ever. We in Canada have become the rock bottom of the industry when it comes to compensation. When the AC directors and board decide to eliminate one carrier’s contract and give the fleet to chorus, along with taking a 10% stake in the company, it is obvious that they want the company to growth. Otherwise they wouldnt do it. The whole talk of eliminating jazz is nothing but fear tactics to lock us up to a crap contract for 17 years. Who knows what the cost of living will be during that time. Sure has increased by more than the 2%!
I really hope everyone votes with the thought of not just themselves; as well as those behind them. Not all of us have ambitions of going to mainline. There is a massive pilot shortage and there is no way that another carrier can hire enough pilots to cover our 700+ flights a day. If anything they would have to hire former jazz guys/gals. I also hope we can have the georgian pilots join us without any harm to our seniority while still providing a good workplace for them after working for such an operator.
When we crunch the numbers, pilot wages amount to much less than 1% of an airline’s bill. We need a piece of the pie.
As for the flowthrough for AC, the numbers will be the same as the ratio is already there atm going into air canada.
Just my 2 cents. I hope everyone gets what they want, you’re all worth your weight and skills.
:mrgreen:

proper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by proper »

Says the 4 post wonder...
:roll: :roll: :roll:

ikarus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ikarus »

proper wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:27 pm Says the 4 post wonder...
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Whats your point????

V1Vr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by V1Vr »

I happily checked YES today.

Kapitanov
Rank 2