17 year TA?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Fowler
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: 17 year TA?

Post by Fowler »

mbav8r wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:13 am
Rowdy wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:31 pm I've avoided the crew room banter and the mess that is FB, and as always I take everything from avcanada with a grain of salt.

I've read the MOS in its entirety. I've scrutinized the uploads to the ALPA site. I've watched the road show Q&As. The more I dig, the more skeptical I get.

Unless I see it written and signed on, to me, it means as much as a rumour in the crew room. Clarification with the company should happen before the MOS is presented to the pilot group and voted on. Not after. 'spirit' and 'intent' can change quickly.
Rowdy,
While I have no doubt you scrutinized the information, I do have doubts you did your homework.
Your demands, for lack of a better description are unrealistic, can you point to any other CPA provider that has YOS for upgrades, how about you list the airlines in Canada that do and we’ll go from there.
What’s your plan b, how do you propose we attain your demands, just saying voting no will do it does nothing to make me feel better about it.
What’s the plan, we don’t have any so called leverage, would you be completely fine with continuing on the current contract and seeing what happens in 5 years? Seriously that’s the likely outcome of a no vote, good luck with your application at SR, you’ll be behind me in the process. If we vote this down, I will take my 13 years at Jazz and 25 years of experience to them, DEC now sounds better to me than your plan of hoping for the best.
Guess we’ll find out tomorrow,
Signed concerned Jazz pilot
Agreed!
---------- ADS -----------

Dizzy D
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dizzy D »

Well, Jazz passed the BS TA. Thanks for fu#%ing the rest of the regionals in Canada for years to come.

V1Vr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by V1Vr »

Dizzy D wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:35 pm Well, Jazz passed the BS TA. Thanks for fu#%ing the rest of the regionals in Canada for years to come.
You're welcome. I'll just take my great working conditions and job security and go sit over ------------> here.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

How are we screwing over the industry? I made 150k last year at Jazz and make more than a Swoop captain.

Let’s Go Brandon
V1Vr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by V1Vr »

Inverted2 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:45 pm How are we screwing over the industry? I made 150k last year at Jazz and make more than a Swoop captain.
I'm a year two Captain and take home more than a year two WJ Captain. Sure they have their big stock match but have you seen the direction the stock has been going? I'll take my ESOP and DC pension. And more money in my pocket.

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

V1Vr wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:49 pm
Inverted2 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:45 pm How are we screwing over the industry? I made 150k last year at Jazz and make more than a Swoop captain.
I'm a year two Captain and take home more than a year two WJ Captain. Sure they have their big stock match but have you seen the direction the stock has been going? I'll take my ESOP and DC pension. And more money in my pocket.
As a former jazz captain you must be one heck of an overtime whore and even at that I still highly doubt that you make more than any WestJet captain (swoop excluded).

V1Vr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by V1Vr »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:54 pm
As a former jazz captain you must be one heck of an overtime whore and even at that I still highly doubt that you make more than any WestJet captain (swoop excluded).
Everyone was posting friend's pay stubs online last week. Take home every two weeks is just over $2k for a WJ Capt. I take home that as a Jazz Capt on my 40 credit 25th pay check

And more usually on the 10th.

Not an ot whore but I do one or two easy WDO a month.

47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

Dizzy D wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:35 pm Well, Jazz passed the BS TA. Thanks for fu#%ing the rest of the regionals in Canada for years to come.
You’re most welcome. We just secured the majority of the AC Express flying under the best working conditions of any regional and quite frankly any others.

This is a great day 😊

V1Vr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by V1Vr »

47north wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:02 pm
You’re most welcome. We just secured the majority of the AC Express flying under the best working conditions of any regional and quite frankly any others.

This is a great day 😊
🤸🤘🙌

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

92% participation WOW even I'm impressed with that
and somewhat shocked with the 72% YES.....

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

Jazz pilots were not willing to risk it and voted something that was mediocre at best. It's similar to those guys that marry the fat girl. Sure, she's not the best, but she'll be a sure bet and will stick around.

Das ist mir wurst...
KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

HansDietrich wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:06 pm Jazz pilots were not willing to risk it and voted something that was mediocre at best. It's similar to those guys that marry the fat girl. Sure, she's not the best, but she'll be a sure bet and will stick around.
:lol:

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

KenoraPilot wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:05 pm 92% participation WOW even I'm impressed with that
Holly sh*t... 92%? That is impressive. Trying to get pilots to vote is like chasing cows down the hills of Heidkopf. (It's not easy). I too am impressed, in the sense of the voter turnout.

Das ist mir wurst...
KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

HansDietrich wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:12 pm
KenoraPilot wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:05 pm 92% participation WOW even I'm impressed with that
Holly sh*t... 92%? That is impressive. Trying to get pilots to vote is like chasing cows down the hills of Heidkopf. (It's not easy). I too am impressed, in the sense of the voter turnout.
You & I agree 100% on something.....finally :p
Herding cats.....

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

V1Vr wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:00 pm

Everyone was posting friend's pay stubs online last week. Take home every two weeks is just over $2k for a WJ Capt. I take home that as a Jazz Capt on my 40 credit 25th pay check

Ok excluding “someone’s pay stub (perhaps that person was an anomaly due to a rtb or something).
From what I’ve seen year 1 WestJet captain pay is 136/hr or somewhere around that?
Year 2 jazz captain pay is what sub 80$/hr or somewhere around that?
How is it at all possible for you to make more?

V1Vr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by V1Vr »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:18 pm

Ok excluding “someone’s pay stub (perhaps that person was an anomaly due to a rtb or something).
From what I’ve seen year 1 WestJet captain pay is 136/hr or somewhere around that?
I'm just speaking on their take home pay. They do make more on their T4, I don't deny that.

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

V1Vr wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:24 pm

I'm just speaking on their take home pay. They do make more on their T4, I don't deny that.
Lol what?

V1Vr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by V1Vr »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:31 pm

Lol what?
You understand the difference between gross and net pay, right?

WJ pilots dump 20% of their pay into their share program in leui of a pension... Into a stock currently on the down trend. They also pay for their own STD and LTD premiums in full. Stuff like that adds up. Take home vs take home it's not much different. Goes to show how good Jazz's benefits are.

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

V1Vr wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:33 pm

Lol what?

WJ pilots dump 20% of their pay into their share program in leui of a pension... Into a stock currently on the down trend. They also pay for their own STD and LTD premiums in full. Stuff like that adds up. Take home vs take home it's not much different. Goes to show how good Jazz's benefits are.
Yes I know the difference.
Listen if at the end of the year a WestJet pilot has 100,000$ or more dollars on his t4 than you because he earns 50 or more dollars an hour than you. Oh don’t have the right to go around saying “I make more than a WJ captain”. You don’t, feel free to say your benefits are better which you’re right they are.

V1Vr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by V1Vr »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:45 pm
V1Vr wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:33 pm

Lol what?

Yes I know the difference.
Listen if at the end of the year a WestJet pilot has 100,000$ or more dollars on his t4 than you because he earns 50 or more dollars an hour than you. Oh don’t have the right to go around saying “I make more than a WJ captain”. You don’t, feel free to say your benefits are better which you’re right they are.
Quote me where I said I make as much as a WJ Captain.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”