Wil Jazz hire with instructing time only?

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

faculties11
Rank 1
Rank 1

Wil Jazz hire with instructing time only?

Post by faculties11 »

As the title states I'm sitting at 1000+ hrs.

Trying to figure out the next move.
---------- ADS -----------

Adam Oke
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Wil Jazz hire with instructing time only?

Post by Adam Oke »

Yes. I know of a few that were hired sub 1000 with a Class IV.

--Air to Ground Chemical Transfer Technician turned 4 Bar Switch Flicker and Flap Operator--
faculties11
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by faculties11 »

Adam Oke wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:53 am Yes. I know of a few that were hired sub 1000 with a Class IV.
Were these instructors out of flight college programs with an agreement with Jazz Aviation LP?

I'm a career changer a little on the mature side. Is there any hiring currently going on at the moment with Jazz? Last I heard there was surplus of staff but was just a rumour...

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

faculties11 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:18 am
Were these instructors out of flight college programs with an agreement with Jazz Aviation LP?

I'm a career changer a little on the mature side. Is there any hiring currently going on at the moment with Jazz? Last I heard there was surplus of staff but was just a rumour...
Jazz will be hiring hundreds per year for 2019/2020 for attrition to AC/other airlines/retirements/training.

Best guess hiring 250 in 2019. Hiring 300 in 2020.

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

Adam Oke wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:53 am Yes. I know of a few that were hired sub 1000 with a Class IV.
You also need 250 multi. Under 1000 with no multi will not be given serious consideration.

faculties11
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by faculties11 »

Canoehead wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:01 am
You also need 250 multi. Under 1000 with no multi will not be given serious consideration.
Interesting - are they not picking up guys with 250 hours TT right out of college/University programs? I'm off the street so to speak, guess that "waiver" doesn't apply to me?

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Here is the drill.

Jazz has published minimum experience hiring requirements. These do NOT apply to applicants from accredited college/university flying programs (effectively waived at Jazz discretion).

Jazz trains these pilots to fly airliners in an airline environment (multi-crew/SOP/Part 705 Ops/high density and high level airspace).

Once qualified (ATPL) they apply to AC. AC is basically hiring right out of college but uses Jazz as the ab initio training facility.

faculties11
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by faculties11 »

rudder wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:23 am Here is the drill.

Jazz has published minimum experience hiring requirements. These do NOT apply to applicants from accredited college/university flying programs (effectively waived at Jazz discretion).

Jazz trains these pilots to fly airliners in an airline environment (multi-crew/SOP/Part 705 Ops/high density and high level airspace).

Once qualified (ATPL) they apply to AC. AC is basically hiring right out of college but uses Jazz as the ab initio training facility.
Thanks rudder.

Preferences as per the job description:

Preference will be given to candidates with qualifications beyond the basic requirements:
Applicants who possess a Canadian ATPL.
Applicants with two crew multi-engine turbine experience.
Graduates from an Aviation College degree or diploma program.
Applicants with commercial or military flight experience.
Applicants with Flight Management System (FMS) and/or glass cockpit experience.
Internal Jazz referral.

I submitted my application regardless. I don't have any internal references. If anyone wants a free beer at Arizona's, let me know. :lol:

Mrbobmarly111
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mrbobmarly111 »

I have a very very close friend who is involved with the hiring process. And I know for a Fact they have hired people with less than 500 hours and no post secondary education. They Did not have any multi time other than required for their license.

Here is my advice APPPPPPPLLLLLLLLYYYYYYY!!!!!!! worst that happens is you dont get a invite to a interview.

Also on a second note I know they track how many times you've applied for so if you meet the requirements to apply according to the job posting just put your name in.

hsilgnepilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hsilgnepilot »

1000 hours and 100 multi and you shouldn't have an issue

Hilroy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hilroy »

Just curious how they can prefer people with no commercial experience vs someone with at least some experience...

Master of Cessna 172
It has been 0 days since I've almost died in an airplane.
Never trust a student with fuel and oil.
V1Vr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by V1Vr »

Hilroy wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:54 am Just curious how they can prefer people with no commercial experience vs someone with at least some experience...
Because at the end of the day you're just a number. Pretty much anyone can make it a Jazz training program. Is it right? No, but it's reality.

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

V1Vr wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:03 am Pretty much anyone can make it a Jazz training program. Is it right? No, but it's reality.
What do you mean?!

V1Vr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by V1Vr »

Canoehead wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:20 pm
V1Vr wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:03 am Pretty much anyone can make it a Jazz training program. Is it right? No, but it's reality.
What do you mean?!
That the reality is the most of the new hires are young and inexperienced.

I was responding to someone who said

"Just curious how they can prefer people with no commercial experience vs someone with at least some experience..."

MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrTurbine »

V1Vr wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:56 pm
Canoehead wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:20 pm
What do you mean?!
That the reality is the most of the new hires are young and inexperienced.

I was responding to someone who said

"Just curious how they can prefer people with no commercial experience vs someone with at least some experience..."
Kinda funny the era we live in. Flight Instructors with less than 1000 hours coming and telling us that they are experienced pilots , and deserve a job.

MarkyMark90
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MarkyMark90 »

I would still prefer having a guy that flew in the north for only 100 hours than having a 1500 hr instructor...

My dream is to fly... Over the rainbow, so high!!
lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

faculties11 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:45 am Will Jazz hire with instructing time only?
Probably, but you'll more than likely be outwardly boring and inwardly miserable so consider going on some sort of adventure outside of driving a bus for poverty wage first.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

MarkyMark90 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:09 pm I would still prefer having a guy that flew in the north for only 100 hours than having a 1500 hr instructor...
Oh come on. 100 hrs? That's not even enough to learn the aircraft. I do agree with you, from a flying experience point of view, instructors bring very little value to a two crew, IFR, high performance environment. Those who have instructed love to claim that their experience is extremely valuable, which at first it isn't. Sure, once you fly for a few years then decided to get into the training department, it may come into use, but from my experience, flying with those that have instructed was always the worst. You may have been "god" to the poor 10 hr PPL student, but you're nothing but an inexperienced arrogant piece of sh*t in a two crew environment. It's their attitude I have an issue with.

Love it or hate it, working up North, starting out on the ramp, "paying your dues" makes you a humble(er) person. That's the number one reason I like people that have flown up North. You can spot them a mile away. They're not arrogant, condescending jerks toward their fellow workers.

Das ist mir wurst...
Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

HansDietrich wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:22 am you're nothing but an inexperienced arrogant piece of sh*t
Only experienced arrogant pieces of sh*t need apply then?

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

Aviatard wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:51 am
HansDietrich wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:22 am you're nothing but an inexperienced arrogant piece of sh*t
Only experienced arrogant pieces of sh*t need apply then?
If I'd have it my way, and worked for Jazz HR, every resume with "Instructor Time" only would automatically go to the garbage; not even the shredder. It's not worth the electricity wasted. Seneca graduates are miles ahead of these individuals; experience and attitude.

Das ist mir wurst...

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”