YVR IFR course offers?

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

estrela20
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: YVR IFR course offers?

Post by estrela20 »

Hey, I am in YEG and received an IFR offer (verbal) a week ago. I am still waiting for the paperwork/details to be sent over but it seems like I am not the only one from my group who is still waiting :) I was just wondering how long it usually takes - eager to get started on the ITA. :)

Lmck596 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:12 pm Kamloops is great! The course is a ton of work! Everybody is super nice tho and they all Cleary want us to succeed so overall it's been a great experience :)

Estrela..I didn't get a verbal offer...I got an email offer on one day and received more details and a link to the ita the next day. How long have you been waiting for it?
---------- ADS -----------

Lmck596
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Lmck596 »

Ya a week is a long time to be waiting! It will be worth it tho and congrats on the offer!!

Lmck596
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Lmck596 »

How’s the ifr training going guys?? We just finished our classroom training...on the job training starts in a couple of weeks!

wanderlust_xx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wanderlust_xx »

Hey Lisa!

oh wow - it feels like it wasn't that long ago you were saying you had your offer and now you are already starting OJT!
time really does fly doesn't it! How have you found the program so far?!

We have just entered our third week! Got the ITA all over and done with (woop!)
We've been split up into our respective groups (en route and terminal).

going well so far! :)

Lmck596
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Lmck596 »

I am so glad it’s going well! Which group are you in? Time definately speeds by! I can’t wait till fall when I’m checked out. Right now I still feel like I know nuthin! Lol. I know your program is a lot longer but I’m sure it will still go by super fast!

hopefulguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hopefulguy »

How was the ITA kels? Was it more/less/about the same difficulty as you expected?

And congrats Lisa! You know this process is so long and we have to wait months without any information whatsoever sometimes it just... doesn't feel even feel real. It's like that around-the-world cruise trip brochure you see and put in the back of your mind to do... never because of time/money constraints, lol.

But to see you actually going through the process from the tests to eagerly waiting for an interview to actually finishing the course portion and going into OJT... wow. This thing is actually real, patience is rewarded and it doesn't even seem that long ago when you were just an applicant like me!

So it gives me a lot of energy and hope to see you sharing your story, thank you :D

Lmck596
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Lmck596 »

It has been quite the ride for sure! Glad to know my posts have been useful lol! I know I used to like reading stuff but people at different stages so I thought I’d keep going :). Hopefully you will do the same when you get in! I can’t remember...have you had an interview yet or are you still waiting for that? It seems to go really slow before that and then super fast after that lol especially if you have to move!

hopefulguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hopefulguy »

Still waiting for our interviews... kinda jealous of the winnipeg toronto guys who are getting/have gotten theirs already despite having the in-person assessment later than ours, but it is what it is. Plus now I got time to go tree planting and then travel a bit, so that's nice. Fingers crossed they don't offer interviews while I'm in the middle of nowhere planting trees lol.

plausiblyannonymous
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by plausiblyannonymous »

hopefulguy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:48 pm Still waiting for our interviews... kinda jealous of the winnipeg toronto guys who are getting/have gotten theirs already despite having the in-person assessment later than ours, but it is what it is. Plus now I got time to go tree planting and then travel a bit, so that's nice. Fingers crossed they don't offer interviews while I'm in the middle of nowhere planting trees lol.
I was invited for the YYZ 2 day boot camp at the beginning of this month. They are doing three sessions over the course of May.

Any ideas how the bootcamp goes? I assume that day one is interviews, but is it a single interview or a multi-interview process? Day two I am under the impression is a simulator evaluation of sorts.

hopefulguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hopefulguy »

Sorry, I don't know how FEAST goes. YVR is I think the only region stuck with the old in-person assessment, and even then I think we were the last group to do it; they seem to be switching to FEAST too.

But good luck to you, help you do well.

HRoy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by HRoy »

I applied about a month ago. My status now says "Assessment". I'm guessing that means that I'm waiting for the in-person assessment. How often is it being held in YVR, anybody know?

Lmck596
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Lmck596 »

Once or twice a year seems to be the trend. Last one was in January I believe!

Alpha ACC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Alpha ACC »

hopefulguy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:48 pm Still waiting for our interviews... kinda jealous of the winnipeg toronto guys who are getting/have gotten theirs already despite having the in-person assessment later than ours, but it is what it is. Plus now I got time to go tree planting and then travel a bit, so that's nice. Fingers crossed they don't offer interviews while I'm in the middle of nowhere planting trees lol.
Hi there. Did you ever do your assessment?

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”