New hire bids

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: lilfssister, North Shore, ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
Yieldermatik
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:47 pm

Re: New hire bids

Post by Yieldermatik »

Babar350 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:52 pm
Yieldermatik wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:47 am
mdechantal wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:10 am March 4th 2019 class

YVR 6 q400
YYC 8 RJ
YYZ 0
YUL 2 DH8
Zero yyz :S
I would guess that no spots would be available in YYZ for the OTS since those spots should be for GGN pilots...
I’d take dh8 yul in a heartbeat
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
AlbatrossFeather
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:40 pm

Re: New hire bids

Post by AlbatrossFeather »

Yieldermatik wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:43 pm
Babar350 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:52 pm
Yieldermatik wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:47 am

Zero yyz :S
I would guess that no spots would be available in YYZ for the OTS since those spots should be for GGN pilots...
I’d take dh8 yul in a heartbeat
+1
---------- ADS -----------
 
PostmasterGeneral
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:50 pm

Re: New hire bids

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

stayls wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:29 pm
8 RJ sounds nice though
How so? An airplane is an airplane, especially for a guy who hasn’t been hired yet, be happy with whatever you get.
---------- ADS -----------
 
mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2198
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:11 am
Location: Manitoba

Re: New hire bids

Post by mbav8r »

Babar350 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:52 pm
Yieldermatik wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:47 am
mdechantal wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:10 am March 4th 2019 class

YVR 6 q400
YYC 8 RJ
YYZ 0
YUL 2 DH8
Zero yyz :S
I would guess that no spots would be available in YYZ for the OTS since those spots should be for GGN pilots...
No, not reserved for GGN pilots, the current big bid they are running through has major changes to the YYZ roster, big reductions on Q, being offset by returning RJs and Classic Dash moving from the West. All positions are bid on seniority, a reduced pilot will have priority to keep their base before a GGN pilot for this bid. GGN pilots are bidding on positions that their seniority can hold, if they can’t hold RJ YYZ, they will have to bid something else, I suspect most of them won’t be able to hold it, a lot of senior pilots wanting to get back on the RJ in YYZ.
---------- ADS -----------
 
"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
User avatar
stayls
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:43 pm
Contact:

Re: New hire bids

Post by stayls »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:20 pm
stayls wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:29 pm
8 RJ sounds nice though
How so? An airplane is an airplane, especially for a guy who hasn’t been hired yet, be happy with whatever you get.
just thinking about work flow. that's all.

both would be great of course.
---------- ADS -----------
 
swervin
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:33 pm

Re: New hire bids

Post by swervin »

mbav8r wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:48 pm
Babar350 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:52 pm
Yieldermatik wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:47 am

Zero yyz :S
I would guess that no spots would be available in YYZ for the OTS since those spots should be for GGN pilots...
No, not reserved for GGN pilots, the current big bid they are running through has major changes to the YYZ roster, big reductions on Q, being offset by returning RJs and Classic Dash moving from the West. All positions are bid on seniority, a reduced pilot will have priority to keep their base before a GGN pilot for this bid. GGN pilots are bidding on positions that their seniority can hold, if they can’t hold RJ YYZ, they will have to bid something else, I suspect most of them won’t be able to hold it, a lot of senior pilots wanting to get back on the RJ in YYZ.
You might be surprised at the bid results...
---------- ADS -----------
 
av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:31 am

Re: New hire bids

Post by av8ts »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:20 pm
stayls wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:29 pm
8 RJ sounds nice though
How so? An airplane is an airplane, especially for a guy who hasn’t been hired yet, be happy with whatever you get.
Don’t listen to Mr grumpy. If you want to be happy about the jet positions then be happy.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 816
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:34 pm
Location: Alberta

Re: New hire bids

Post by KenoraPilot »

swervin wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:19 am
mbav8r wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:48 pm
Babar350 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:52 pm

I would guess that no spots would be available in YYZ for the OTS since those spots should be for GGN pilots...
No, not reserved for GGN pilots, the current big bid they are running through has major changes to the YYZ roster, big reductions on Q, being offset by returning RJs and Classic Dash moving from the West. All positions are bid on seniority, a reduced pilot will have priority to keep their base before a GGN pilot for this bid. GGN pilots are bidding on positions that their seniority can hold, if they can’t hold RJ YYZ, they will have to bid something else, I suspect most of them won’t be able to hold it, a lot of senior pilots wanting to get back on the RJ in YYZ.
You might be surprised at the bid results...
I have not seen a bid at Jazz yet (since i've been here) that hasn't surprised me at least a little. Bid's always have a funny way of not doing what you expect.
---------- ADS -----------
 
dhc#
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 7:38 am

Re: New hire bids

Post by dhc# »

How long are upgrades to the left seat taking these days ???
---------- ADS -----------
 
ted_stryker
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:04 am

Re: New hire bids

Post by ted_stryker »

Around 2 years plus right now. There wasn't much movement last year but we'll have to see what this bid shows.
---------- ADS -----------
 
47north
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:44 am

Re: New hire bids

Post by 47north »

ted_stryker wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:43 am Around 2 years plus right now. There wasn't much movement last year but we'll have to see what this bid shows.
Rumour has it that we will be hiring OTS captains before the end of this year as there won’t be enough FOs in house that will have the time to get an ATPL and upgrade.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Splash
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:23 pm

Re: New hire bids

Post by Splash »

47north wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:32 am
ted_stryker wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:43 am Around 2 years plus right now. There wasn't much movement last year but we'll have to see what this bid shows.
Rumour has it that we will be hiring OTS captains before the end of this year as there won’t be enough FOs in house that will have the time to get an ATPL and upgrade.
Would that also be taking into account the incoming GGN pilots hours and experience levels?
---------- ADS -----------
 
ted_stryker
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:04 am

Re: New hire bids

Post by ted_stryker »

Can't say I've heard that rumour of OTS yet. There are enough qualified FOs waiting, especially with Georgian.
---------- ADS -----------
 
FL-280
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:45 pm

Re: New hire bids

Post by FL-280 »

I suspect the upgrade times to go very Junior..... as in flirting with DEC levels

I suspect DEC hiring in 2020
---------- ADS -----------
 
47north
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:44 am

Re: New hire bids

Post by 47north »

FL-280 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:52 pm I suspect the upgrade times to go very Junior..... as in flirting with DEC levels

I suspect DEC hiring in 2020
I agree. On the next bid there will be OTS captain positions with effective dates that start early 2020.
Next bid should be In August.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 816
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:34 pm
Location: Alberta

Re: New hire bids

Post by KenoraPilot »

47north wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:09 pm
FL-280 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:52 pm I suspect the upgrade times to go very Junior..... as in flirting with DEC levels

I suspect DEC hiring in 2020
I agree. On the next bid there will be OTS captain positions with effective dates that start early 2020.
Next bid should be In August.
I really don't think there will DEC hiring in 2020.....you never know and I could be wrong, but there are a lot of qualified FO's who have their AA's and are waiting in the weeds. Plus there will be some Captains reduced out of their seats in YVR and YYC who may decide to commute to YYZ and YUL to keep their seats. I think the next 1-2 years will be a lot of movement in all directions at Jazz, but DEC hiring (i've heard the rumour back in 2016 and it never happened). Over the last year a ton of FO's have been waiting for their spot and have completed their AA's. I wouldn't bet on DEC hiring.
---------- ADS -----------
 
DH8Pilot
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:12 am
Location: CYFB

Re: New hire bids

Post by DH8Pilot »

KenoraPilot wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:32 pm I really don't think there will DEC hiring in 2020.....you never know and I could be wrong, but there are a lot of qualified FO's who have their AA's and are waiting in the weeds. Plus there will be some Captains reduced out of their seats in YVR and YYC who may decide to commute to YYZ and YUL to keep their seats. I think the next 1-2 years will be a lot of movement in all directions at Jazz, but DEC hiring (i've heard the rumour back in 2016 and it never happened). Over the last year a ton of FO's have been waiting for their spot and have completed their AA's. I wouldn't bet on DEC hiring.
+1

I honestly don't see it. Most non-college non-ATPL holding FOs still have over 1500-2000hrs today. I hope they can see the financial incentive in upgrading, even at the cost of renting a 172 for the PIC time.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Outlaw58
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:49 pm

Re: New hire bids

Post by Outlaw58 »

DH8Pilot wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:52 pm
KenoraPilot wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:32 pm I really don't think there will DEC hiring in 2020.....you never know and I could be wrong, but there are a lot of qualified FO's who have their AA's and are waiting in the weeds. Plus there will be some Captains reduced out of their seats in YVR and YYC who may decide to commute to YYZ and YUL to keep their seats. I think the next 1-2 years will be a lot of movement in all directions at Jazz, but DEC hiring (i've heard the rumour back in 2016 and it never happened). Over the last year a ton of FO's have been waiting for their spot and have completed their AA's. I wouldn't bet on DEC hiring.
+1

I honestly don't see it. Most non-college non-ATPL holding FOs still have over 1500-2000hrs today. I hope they can see the financial incentive in upgrading, even at the cost of renting a 172 for the PIC time.
First I hear of that! That would be good news for me :)

On my little crystal ball, I kind of expect to upgrade around Jan or Feb next year. With all that DEC talk, might be much sooner (ie on this bid???)

We'll see!

58
---------- ADS -----------
 
FL-280
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:45 pm

Re: New hire bids

Post by FL-280 »

1 year in the company is like senior now anyways! 1 year Captain will be the norm guys. I dont know how long you been here 58, but my guess is “you good” 8)
---------- ADS -----------
 
Outlaw58
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:49 pm

Re: New hire bids

Post by Outlaw58 »

FL-280 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:08 pm 1 year in the company is like senior now anyways! 1 year Captain will be the norm guys. I dont know how long you been here 58, but my guess is “you good” 8)
FL :)

Pretty sure you know who I am... Unless I am mistaken on the person, we flew together :P

Been at Jazz since jan 2018

58
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”